What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

For me, I go back to every face and beard is different.....just like blades...we all have razors that just simply work for us...I've seen many post claiming that once technique is down you can get a BBS out of any razor...and I say HOGWASH!

I have several razors that work very well...and some that work medium well....and others....well that are going up for sale or PIF....

I started the BOTOC becuase for ME, I found OC to work best....my bro....starter LOSER...because for him, SE's gave him the perfect shave. The goal is to have a great and comfortable shave...regardless of the tool used....

I'm not giving up on SE's yet till I try several and several blade combos....BUT it's not about mastering a razor for me, its about finding what works.

. . . I gotta keep saying, blade matters more with SE. Treets have been working for me, but I will tell you that the shave I got today (finally) with my SE Feathers and Valet autostrop was so smooth it was almost disappointing because it was too much like a DE. The audible of the old 1912, 14, 24's appeal to me personally (and of course that has to do with the shape of the head as well as the thicker blade). Love the diversity in these SEs but continue to hate messing with the blades. That Cobra has to be wonderful- but it is really an injector and they are IMHO the most efficient and effective of anything in my arsenal.

I had my first SE shave this morning with my Gem PB and a GEM PTFE blade.

At first I was a bit intimidated by the amount of blade exposed but it turned out to be quite a mild shaver.

I was not too ambitious, I am sure my WTG pass was not as efficient as it could be, was searching for the angle, but got a reasonable DFS in 3 passes with a bit of stubble near the edges of my mouth (my main trouble spot in terms of skin sensibility and razor manouvering). For the final ATG pass I had the head nearly flat to my skin as this seemed to work best.

The jury is still out but as a first try, the impression is a positive one.

I really liked the shave I got with my OCMM. But I used the carbon blades from CVS. I want to get them and try the G-Bar again. I agree with Arley, I've said several times the R41 gives a super close shave, but I feel like I'm playing with a snake. I am really loving my Weber. Super shave, close, no irritation, almost feels like I'm not shaving. I managed to cut myself once with it, but really had to try! My 5 year old ran behind me, bumped me just as I was putting the razor to my face.
The G-Bar felt great on my cheeks, and the WTG pass on them felt like there was no blade in the razor. However, the WTG pass on my neck was unpleasant. And the ATG was downright painful.

I had my first SE shave this morning with my Gem PB and a GEM PTFE blade.

At first I was a bit intimidated by the amount of blade exposed but it turned out to be quite a mild shaver.

I was not too ambitious, I am sure my WTG pass was not as efficient as it could be, was searching for the angle, but got a reasonable DFS in 3 passes with a bit of stubble near the edges of my mouth (my main trouble spot in terms of skin sensibility and razor manouvering). For the final ATG pass I had the head nearly flat to my skin as this seemed to work best.

The jury is still out but as a first try, the impression is a positive one.

It will take time to get adjusted, its a different approach than a D/E. Keep at it. It took me 3 weeks.

For me, I go back to every face and beard is different.....just like blades...we all have razors that just simply work for us...I've seen many post claiming that once technique is down you can get a BBS out of any razor...and I say HOGWASH!

I have several razors that work very well...and some that work medium well....and others....well that are going up for sale or PIF....

I started the BOTOC becuase for ME, I found OC to work best....my bro....starter LOSER...because for him, SE's gave him the perfect shave. The goal is to have a great and comfortable shave...regardless of the tool used....

I'm not giving up on SE's yet till I try several and several blade combos....BUT it's not about mastering a razor for me, its about finding what works.
But sometimes you may have to be flexible and do a little bit of both..

I really liked the shave I got with my OCMM. But I used the carbon blades from CVS. I want to get them and try the G-Bar again. I agree with Arley, I've said several times the R41 gives a super close shave, but I feel like I'm playing with a snake. I am really loving my Weber. Super shave, close, no irritation, almost feels like I'm not shaving. I managed to cut myself once with it, but really had to try! My 5 year old ran behind me, bumped me just as I was putting the razor to my face.
The G-Bar felt great on my cheeks, and the WTG pass on them felt like there was no blade in the razor. However, the WTG pass on my neck was unpleasant. And the ATG was downright painful.

Johnny, you want to play with a snake, you should try the Cobra! Hehe!
By the way, where is your picture on the BOTOC thread?!

Johnny, you want to play with a snake, you should try the Cobra! Hehe!
By the way, where is your picture on the BOTOC thread?!

I actually would like to try a Cobra. It's a fine looking piece, and I like an injector. Learned to shave with a black handled Schick. I've gotta get a pic, I'll try to get one tomorrow. I'll post it then.

First SE shave with an OCMM and a Walgreens GEM blade. Great shave for WTG and 2x XTG. Then I thought I'd try a 4th pass ATG. :oops:

Let's just say that I immediately regretted that decision. I'm a little bloodier than I would normally be. And I have to admit that SE blades are really sharp. But the first three passes were deceptively smooth and it was one of the easiest shaves I've done in a while.

I'll give it another go on Wednesday, assuming my skin's healed.

Darn it, lost my razor streamline chance, i took a nap and forgot to increase y snipe bid.....maybe next time.

Attachments

• $index.jpg
    $index.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 65
well I decided Since Arley will be taking my collection one day he did not need another one :lol:
So instead I went off to prepare dinner with my son Swordfish Kabobs will be cooked on the grill and Coconut rice with sauteed Mahi Mahi in a citrus soy sauce maybe some corn on the cob
View attachment 245068

I went to 100 then power napped thru the highset bidder..... :sad:

Yes, they come in blue case and orange case too

well I decided Since Arley will be taking my collection one day he did not need another one :lol:
So instead I went off to prepare dinner with my son Swordfish Kabobs will be cooked on the grill and Coconut rice with sauteed Mahi Mahi in a citrus soy sauce maybe some corn on the cob
View attachment 245068

That lucks yummy. I was not hungry until seeing that. I need to check the collection on cam and see what new toys you have acquired for me:tongue_sm

Top Bottom