What's new

Souplex Owners Club

Let's face it, we're not doing much to drive up prices at any rate!

It seems our careers as 'influencers' aren't very likely to get off the ground 😆
Crushing news.

Just as I was about to post a destined-to-be-incredibily viral video of me shaving off a ridiculous growth with my Souplex on Margate beach, wearing a fetching costume.

It's a winner and guaranteed to drive up Souplex prices by over £3.50

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

If that isn't influencing, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Date14.05.2024
366 daily shaves
135/366

RazorBladeBrush
Souplex OCGillette Minora (1)Omega 10108
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (1)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.75/10 (Almost clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. A fantastic shave with a new to me razor and soap. I had a wonderful shave today thanks to @Lee Van Cleft . Thanks!!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Crushing news.

Just as I was about to post a destined-to-be-incredibily viral video of me shaving off a ridiculous growth with my Souplex on Margate beach, wearing a fetching costume.

It's a winner and guaranteed to drive up Souplex prices by over £3.50

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

If that isn't influencing, I don't know what is.
:crying: I think that was posting to internet while "Under the Influence"

First shave with the new Souplex OC 😍
IMG_20240523_075525068.jpg

What a mighty razor this is! Very efficient without ever being harsh; what wasn't caught on the first pass was swept away with the second.

To me, from memory it seems just a wee bit smoother than the Big Ben, albeit with a lovely hint of aggressiveness and good feel.

As @Obetron Rex observed previously here the comb length and thickness on the two is just ever so slightly different, but it seems on first impression to make quite a difference - although our assessments of the relative smoothness of each razor seem to be the complete opposite of one another 😂 It has been a while since I've used the Big Ben though so I'll have to go and test that out again.

Great result for under a tenner though - and a lovely addition to the British razors I own. Now I really need a Double Six! 😆

Top Bottom