Hot shower
1956 Gillette Super Speed Red Tip
Personna Med Prep blade (3)
Omega 10275 boar brush
Maggard Northern Moss soap
Alum block
Barbasol Brisk AS

proxy.php

Good Friday Folks, Great posts and photos today, Hope you all have a great weekend!

PACO GALAN
Guy
alfredus
Nate
Tallapoc
Claudio
BobLH
Matt
Cash
Erich
120inna55- Nice can you tell us about the night music, very curious
Mark - Welcome back my friend
Bob
Celestino
Rod
Stefano
Soren
Phil
Witeq

Enjoy your day!
Thanks Dave!:001_smile

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel (#3)
Brush - Omega 20106
Cream - XPec Unscented
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS++

I really don't know what to say about Xpec other than it's insane just how slippery this substance is! I was actually reserving judgement on these blades but this cream really enhanced the glide and cut of the razor.
It's my second anniversary of going traditional tomorrow, the 13th, so I wanted to treat myself to something high-end. I thought it quite expensive but not now, not when you see just how little you have to use.
I started with a quarter of a teaspoon and all the water shaken out of the brush. Into the bowl and periodically added drops of water. It doesn't seem to bloom and then suddenly it just comes alive. I actually had twice the amount of lather I needed.
That taken into account makes this one of the cheapest creams on the market!

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel (#3)
Brush - Omega 20106
Cream - XPec Unscented
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS++

I really don't know what to say about Xpec other than it's insane just how slippery this substance is! I was actually reserving judgement on these blades but this cream really enhanced the glide and cut of the razor.
It's my second anniversary of going traditional tomorrow, the 13th, so I wanted to treat myself to something high-end. I thought it quite expensive but not now, not when you see just how little you have to use.
I started with a quarter of a teaspoon and all the water shaken out of the brush. Into the bowl and periodically added drops of water. It doesn't seem to bloom and then suddenly it just comes alive. I actually had twice the amount of lather I needed.
That taken into account makes this one of the cheapest creams on the market!

congrats on the upcoming ANNV!

...120inna55- Nice can you tell us about the night music, very curious
I've been told reviews are not welcomed in the SOTD thread, and it makes sense. However, I couldn't find a specific sub forum for reviews specifically, so I posted it in the "Shaving Soaps" sub. I hope that's appropriate. I also posted a few alternate takes of my SOTD pic along with the thread. Here it is: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/481927-REVIEW-B-amp-M-Night-Music?p=8016306#post8016306

I've been told reviews are not welcomed in the SOTD thread, and it makes sense. However, I couldn't find a specific sub forum for reviews specifically, so I posted it in the "Shaving Soaps" sub. I hope that's appropriate. I also posted a few alternate takes of my SOTD pic along with the thread. Here it is: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/481927-REVIEW-B-amp-M-Night-Music?p=8016306#post8016306

Well, being one of the stewards of this thread, I think brief, concise reviews are fine, as after all it is the Shave / Scent of the Day thread, but a link is a good alternative, but feel free to post your thoughts of any of your products as you see fit, and for the longer reviews feel free to link, but don't feel that you cannot post it here, and whomever told you that was incorrect, as many members look to this thread for inspiration on what products to look for. Great review BTW, and Thank You!

SOTD, Friday, February 12th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
Truefitt & Hill rose shave cream
The Art of Shaving badger brush
Rahal 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's rose witch hazel
Trumper's Coral Skin Food

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend with his Valentine!

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Electric Razor - P. Serindat
Shavemac Horn Silvertip
LASSC Bespoke #1
Captains Choice Cat O' Nine Tails AS
D&G the one gentleman AS
Bond No. 9 Wall Street

The door is open today inviting a gentle breeze carrying the beginning scents of spring,
sounds of bird chirps and wind chimes

Last edited:
Lovely posts and photos on Friday,gentlemen! Have a good weekend!

ram57
alfredus
Devonmoonshire
Tallapoc - x2
ClaudioBP
BobLH
UngerWoo
Cash_Stronomer
eezee
120inna55
mcdig
Bobcat
celestino - nice setup!
Roderick
Mostho
shm
sandstone - lovely brush and razor stand!
skypsyd - very nice!
cmh737
sarimento1 - great looking razor!
Noire

Lovely posts and photos on Friday,gentlemen! Have a good weekend!

ram57
alfredus
Devonmoonshire
Tallapoc - x2
ClaudioBP
BobLH
UngerWoo
Cash_Stronomer
eezee
120inna55
mcdig
Bobcat
celestino - nice setup!
Roderick
Mostho
shm
sandstone - lovely brush and razor stand!
skypsyd - very nice!
cmh737
sarimento1 - great looking razor!
Noire

Thank you kindly, witeq! The new brush and razor stand arrived from Rudy on Tuesday, and today is their B&B debut. :001_smile

thanks witeq and dave for the nice words on today's shave and razor.
she still shaves as nice as she looks, thanks to alfredo's handiwork a couple years ago!

Friday

Otto Roth OC Razor
Perma Sharp (6)
Col. Conk Badger
TOBS Sandalwood

That's it!

Yeah, this open comb does a great job, been awhile since I've used it. I believe it's like a clone of the Gillette long comb razor... probably from around 1930. This Perma Sharp blade possesses longevity but not smoothness for me... today's shave was slightly rough... to keep it simple I will use it for only one more shave. I have lots of other blades anyways. Then it's back to the Med Preps! :w00t:

Last edited:
proxy.php

• Merkur 11C Open Comb DE Safety Razor
• Polsilver Super Iridium DE Razor Blade
• Face Lather
• Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Shaving Soap
• Zenith Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
• Speick Men After Shave Lotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom