What's new

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ SOTD - USA Theme Week - March 27th, 2023 to April 2nd, 2023 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_1157.png

Sunday 04.02.23
RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: L'Occitane Cade hard shaving soap
ย 

SOTD: 2nd April 2023.

2.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Soap Bowl.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another wonderful effortless 2 pass +pickups close comfortable shave with the Merkur 37C.

The Statum PC pairs together with the Merkur 37C wonderfully.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
F079F125-C7F0-4C48-A2A4-24BB638546BC.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.
ย 
Razor: 1965 Slim K 1 (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) Replated Rhodium

Blade: Personna Lab Med Prep (1) (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)
Preshave: PAA The Original Cube (Mentholated) (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)
Soap: Razor Emporium Babershop (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)
Aftershave: Razor Emporium Babershop Afterhsave (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) and Balm (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face)
Duke Cannon Aftershave: On neck area (๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ) (neck is more prone to irritation) and 10 minutes after using splash on face

Very happy post shave feel, DFS+/BBS, 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG, ATG. No cuts, no weepers, First time using this blade, on 5 days growth its a very sharp, smooth blade, I was quite happy and impressed with it. I had big expectations for it and it lived it.

PAA Cube, glad I got the mentholated, it was a nice kick of menthol (will be getting those Stirling drops for aftershaves as well as menthol crystals coming in). First time using this as well, it as quite good, menthol really lasted, a good amount of it, quite happy.
Used the Duke Cannon, 1st time, tried to use to give the aftershaves a more menthol, it was good but not as menthol as I thought it would be but a very good product, I was happy with it.

This will be a triple thread (really want to use a WWE reference here rofl) post on Vintage April 23, Adjustable April 23 and SOTD.

This picture is different this was an all American shave! Fits the theme of the week!

20230401_204200.jpg
ย 
proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Westman Utopia
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (12)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion
ย 
SOTD 02-Apr
20230402_104807.jpg

Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

Decided to jump to one of my first straights I picked up (nothing fancy but does the job), actual edge put on by Fergiebilly. This was after I mistakenly thought 'shave ready' by this particular site actually meant shave ready...eesh that was a fun shave that I still remember vividly! As this one has seen limited use after an actual edge was put on it's still as keen as ever...good shave with an excellent finish.

Thoroughly enjoying the return to straights, though I'll be back on the normal rotation for the work week. Have neither the time nor the cognitive ability to do it properly during the week without taking my ear off!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
ย 
Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Head - 1920 Big Fellow Old Type w/ 1933 Gillette Thin Blades
Face/Neck - 1920 Big Fellow Old Type w/ 1933 Gillette Thin Blades
Aftershave: Avon Windjammer
full

The shave 10/10
The I can't believe it factor 100/10
The WOW factor ๐Ÿ’ฏ/๐Ÿ’ฏ

FANTASTIC shave today! Last day of USA theme week and went with a second day of all in on the quadfecta USA sotd, King Weekend, Adjustable April, and Vintage April.

I found the Barbasol cream at a hardware store yesterday and decided to try it out. I thought what's more 'merica then buying shaving gear at the hardware store. Still the vintage old brand and still made in the USA. This is NOT anything like Barbasol in a can. This could use a brush but I managed with my fingers and it was actually pretty slick. It felt good to shave with. I wish I had this yesterday.

Now the shave, WOW!!! I had this NOS pack of Gillette Thins and I thought why not I'm going all in. I opened it up and it looked like new. I LOVED it! I was expecting harshness but I got silky smooth. I have to use it again tomorrow. I started off hesitant and instantly realized, holy cow this is amazing and just went at my face and head like normal. 1/4 turn back for face, snugged down for neck, 1/8 turn back for under nose/chin, 1/4 turn back for top of head first pass, 1/8 turn back for top of head second pass, and snugged down last pass/touch ups.

No weepers, extremely little irritation on the neck, incredibly smooth skin.
ย 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Morris & Forndran 2XL
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I woke up a little early and took a nice 2-mile walk. I came home and after a cup of coffee started my shave. Todayโ€™s brush is the M&F 2XL. When I first got this brush I did not like it: it had a strange smell to it. However, after a few uses the scent disappeared and it began to work wonders. It is a dense brush that is soft on the face. My fourth shave with the Feather/Feather combo. I know I will get quite a few shaves from this combo. For some reason, the Feather blades last longer in this razor. A perfect shave on a perfect day. Have a good one, folks.
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector blade Shave, April 2nd 2023

Razor : Yaqi SE Excalibur, 50mm AC blade type, Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple clamping system, seems well built the Excalibur chrome head, small head parts to assemble(work over a wash cloth).
Performance is excellent for 95%>of the time I find. Pairs well with a Schick proline P20 or P30 50mm blades. Had a excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Schick Proline P30(6) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Pairs well with my Excalibur razor.
Soap : Tabac, flowery clean type of scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber, excellent lather painter. This brush is similar to my Yaqi Silvertip badger brushes when it comes to face feel.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline P30 blade. Very enjoyable, carefree mostly shave this morning.
SOTD April 2 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.