What's new

๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž SOTD - โ€œUnknown Gems" Theme Week - May 20th-26th, 2024 ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž ๐Ÿ’Ž

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday May 21

IMG-DSC_6165 (2).JPG

Yaqi Slant
Gillette Nacet (4)
Omega EVO 2.0
Tabac (tallow)
Tabac lotion
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May 21st 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon 3166 SSP head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. Excellent razor for my shaving needs. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(3) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX, unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Brand new 4th tub used this morning. Top tier soap for myself.
Brush :Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. 26mm synthetic brushes are the best for wanting to indulge yourself in a Zen moment or two.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash (3rd bottle) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small blemish weeper =:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon 2nd Gen razor with a GSB blade. (it does not get much better shaving for myself!)
SOTD May 21 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Tuesday Morning Shave Soiree

Schick blade on it's eighth use shaved better than some out of the box. Lothur Soap
laid down an amazing lather. Overall near perfect shave.

Schick Vintage Injector Razor
Schick Injector Blade (8X)
Lothur Grooming Samber Soap
Ever-Ready K40 Vintage Badger Brush
Aqua Velva Musk Splash

Varon Dandy Aftershave Spritz

08FEA847-2B9B-4308-B1DD-A44616C64ED4-compressed.jpeg
ย 
Thuesday , May 21, 2024.

Floรฏd pre shave oil. Wickham Soap Co., Frankincense shaving soap. Alexander Simpson: Trafalgar T2, Sovereign Synthetic Fibre, Grey Italian Marble. Proraso: green lozione & crema liquida dopobarba. Solinger - Revisor, 8/8, Pablo Fuertes custom white abalone scales.

IMG_7479.jpeg
ย 
Razor: Parker SoloEdge
Blade: King C Gillette (4)
Brush: Butterscotch Silvertip
Bowl: Captainโ€™s Choice
Pre: Stirling soap - Proraso Green cream
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Bootleggerโ€™s Perfecto Maduro

The maker of this brush is unknown to me and it is a little gem

IMG_3601.jpeg
ย 
Tuesday night, May 21st Shave
Dedicate to Japan's IKAROS Mission

1716303075754.png
1716303162097.png

IKAROS, short for Interplanetary Kite-craft Accelerated by Radiation Of the Sun, was a spacecraft launched by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) on May 21, 2010.

The main objectives of the mission were:
  1. Deployment and control of a large, thin solar sail: The spacecraft successfully deployed a 20-meter square sail made of a thin polyimide film.
  2. Thin-film solar cells: The sail also featured thin-film solar cells for power generation, demonstrating the potential for solar-powered space travel.
  3. Measurement of acceleration due to solar radiation pressure: IKAROS verified the acceleration of the spacecraft using the momentum of photons from the Sun.
  4. Attitude control: The spacecraft used liquid crystal devices on the sail to change its reflectivity, enabling attitude control by adjusting the sunlight pressure on different parts of the sail.
Name Meaning:

The name IKAROS is an acronym that cleverly describes the spacecraft's technology and purpose. Additionally, it references the Greek myth of Icarus, who flew too close to the Sun with wings made of feathers and wax. While Icarus's myth ended in tragedy, the IKAROS spacecraft successfully harnessed the Sun's energy for propulsion, avoiding a similar fate.

Prep: Shower, Shiseido Menโ€™s Face Cleaner
PreShave: Nanka Preshave Gel by Feather
Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx-Ukita (named after a famous Samurai instead of a serial number). Mokume-gane is a forge-welded layered metal (brass and copper here) that is historically developed in Japan, resulting in a mixed-metal laminate with distinctive layered patterns. It was initially used to decorate the Katana swords of the samurai. The word translates to โ€œwood-grained metalโ€ and was called such because of the unique pattern it creates with the different layers of material that look like wood grain. Making Mokume-Gane items is about ten times more time-consuming and time-consuming than other general metalworking methods. Custom: Cx-Mokume - https://carbonshavingco.com/products/cx-mokume
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Chikuhodo SH-2 water badger. Compared with badgers, water badger hair is more expensive and has finer tips. The long hairs are used in menโ€™s shaving brushes. With excellent drainage, the hair foams well, creating both fine and dense lather. Artisan make-up brush maker - CHIKUHODO | About Us - https://www.chikuhodo.com/en/company/index.html
Bowl: Suribachi, A suribachi is a traditional Japanese mortar and pestle, where the suribachi is the bowl and the surikogi is the wooden pestle. The word Suribachi translates to "grinding bowl," the bowl has small ridges on the inside called Kushi-no-me that are ideal for grinding spices, nuts, and seeds. Suribachis are durable, lightweight, and glazed on the outside. They generate excellent lathers.
Soap: Bushido by Hoffmanโ€™s
Aftershave: Bushido by Hoffmanโ€™s
Post Shave: Shiseido Facial Lotion, Bushido by Hoffmanโ€™s Eau de Parfum

20240521_095925 (2).jpg

20240521_104531.jpg
ย 
IMG_5838.jpeg

Pre-shave: Warm water rinse
Razor: Karve Overlander brass
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Soap: GD Amare (mallard)
Brush: Thater 4670/4 2-band
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented
And a splash of The Veg

Hidden gems? ๐Ÿ’Ž Definitely some gems in my opinion. Grooming Dept. mallard base doesnโ€™t seem to get talked about much. It is my favorite GD base.
ย 

Wednesday SOTD
20240519_152610.jpg

Razor: Henson AL13 ++ Copper
Blade: SuperMax Sunrise (D3)
Brush: Sawdust Creation Studio Banded/ LOD Manchurian 26mm
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso White
Shave Soap: Wm. Neumann Old Fashioned Soda
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic