What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

During the first week of November we would like to see black & white pics, which are certainly some of the most classic possible. These, in fact, reproduce that cool, traditional effect given by the very first photos of the history. :001_cool: And it's really up to you if you want to include a vintage look or a modern look in your two tones shaving shots! :wink2:

proxy.php

What a superlative shot to start a week that I just know is going to be one of the best themes! Well done, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup:

With the exception of the 444 balm, none of this stuff is made nowadays.

Colgate Cup soap (probably from the 50's)
Semogue 1550 (late 90's)
Joseph Rodgers straight razor (ca. 1820-1830)
444 balm
Old Spice Musk by Shulton (late 80s)

proxy.php

And so much the pity!:sad: But an excellent pic to display what once was, Leon.:thumbup1:

Believe or not, I shipped one of my Dovo Best Qualities back for repair so I could join in the pic taking. Too bad Fedex lost my shipment, so now I'm forced to grow the beard until my claim gets resolved.

Loved the pics, Henry

Spooktacular Shave

PS: Sorry guys...no time to convert pictures this week to B&W, but here's my SOTD nonetheless

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Custom Rudy Vey w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip Badger (w/ Buckeye Burl handle)
Devil's Razor: 7/8" Toyo Scheön Burg #666 "Frameback, Wedge, Spike Point
Honing (Refresh) regimen: 5 (light) laps on CrOx treated Premium IV Bridle leather
Strop: 0/55/25 laps (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Shave "Pegasus III" Horse hide leather / Cordovan leather)
Soapreme: CarrieM "Orange Spice" Shave Creme + Arko Stick Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Amber AS
After Shave Balm: Al's "Spicy Orange" ASB
Cologne: Creed "Tabarome" EdT
Results: What better way to celebrate Halloween than with Devil's own razor:001_wub:, i.e., the SB 666? Combined with a little mix of CarrieM/Arko, she delivered an ultra smooth and irritation free shave
proxy.php
. Whiskers have another nickname for Devil's blade; The Graeme Reaper
proxy.php
. May God have mercy on their souls. I must say though, as much as I really love the performance of the Arko soap, it stinks to high heavens. Not even the creme was able to mitigate the strong stench. But, the end result was well worth it. Now, I gotta spend some time coming up with ways of scaring the living daylights out of the neighborhood kids
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a SPOOKTACULAR Monday gentlemen
proxy.php

Just give them that stick of Arko, Robert!!!:w00t::lol::lol: Great shot, my friend, and those Toyos are superb. I rate mine as my best straight so far!

Spooktacular Shave

PS: Sorry guys...no time to convert pictures this week to B&W, but here's my SOTD nonetheless

Brush: 26mm Custom Rudy Vey w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip Badger (w/ Buckeye Burl handle)
Honing (Refresh) regimen: 5 (light) laps on CrOx treated Premium IV Bridle leather
Strop: 0/55/25 laps (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial Shave "Pegasus III" Horse hide leather / Cordovan leather)
Results: What better way to celebrate Halloween than with Devil's own razor:001_wub:, i.e., the SB 666? Combined with a little mix of CarrieM/Arko, she delivered an ultra smooth and irritation free shave
proxy.php
proxy.php
. May God have mercy on their souls. I must say though, as much as I really love the performance of the Arko soap, it stinks to high heavens. Not even the creme was able to mitigate the strong stench. But, the end result was well worth it. Now, I gotta spend some time coming up with ways of scaring the living daylights out of the neighborhood kids
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Glad to see you got yourself a burl brush...it looks amazing especially with that 26mm knot :thumbup:

Monday

Ikea glass bowl
Vulfix 2234 boar
Gillette Single Ring with Gillette Platinum

PenArko Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap
Floïd - The Genuine After Shave
Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Great start to the week, Soren. :thumbup1: And the verdict now is???

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
What a superlative shot to start a week that I just know is going to be one of the best themes! Well done, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup:

Thank you, David. :001_smile I had the idea of running this weekly theme last Friday, while looking at some old photos of my family. I thought the idea of a B&W week was cool... :001_cool:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
11/16 Revisor, Full Hollow Ground, Spanish Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Simpson Duke 3 Best
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Alum Block
TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime Aftershave
TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime Cologne

proxy.php

Just beautiful, David! Still issues with Cade's lather, my friend?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
With the exception of the 444 balm, none of this stuff is made nowadays.

Colgate Cup soap (probably from the 50's)
Semogue 1550 (late 90's)
Joseph Rodgers straight razor (ca. 1820-1830)
444 balm
Old Spice Musk by Shulton (late 80s)

proxy.php

Bruno, a vintage pic with vintage items... Wow!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Spooktacular Shave

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

What a terrific composition and photo, Maestro! :thumbup:

During the first week of November we would like to see black & white pics, which are certainly some of the most classic possible. These, in fact, reproduce that cool, traditional effect given by the very first photos of the history. :001_cool: And it's really up to you if you want to include a vintage look or a modern look in your two tones shaving shots! :wink2:

proxy.php

Your B&W are quite nice Marco,great shot and gear!

Monday

Ikea glass bowl
Vulfix 2234 boar
Gillette Single Ring with Gillette Platinum

PenArko Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap
Floïd - The Genuine After Shave
Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Very crisp black and white shot, I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom