Not open for further replies.
  • Pre: Lather on face as always
  • Shaving Brush: Thäter SRP 2011 LE
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua Di Parma
  • Razor: Brian Brown #14 8/8
  • Hone: Vintage Thuringian
  • Strop: Illinois #827, Ambrose Caballo Mas Fino
  • Scuttle: SWK XL
  • Post: Alum block, Osage Rub, RazoRock 888 aftershave wax, L'Occitane Vetyver

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2012-01-28

Touched up the BB on the Thuri, got an excellent smooth and sharp edge, awesome! :smile:

This was a first class shave, Amund, I can tell!:001_smile:thumbup1:

I'm new to this! And my photography skills are not equal to the esteemed members here. But I'm trying out Gillette Blues for the next few days, and here is what my setup will be:
  • Mühle R89
  • Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
  • D.R. Harris Arlington soap
  • Pinaud Clubman aftershave
First shave was this morning. Felt luxurious.

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: Flaschner 7/8
Honing Regimen: Chosera 1K - Naniwa SS 3-8-12K
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Palmolive Stick
After shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Results: Took David's Flaschner back to the hones last night, a few strokes on the 8K and finished on SS 12K, this edge suited the razor way better, a two pass, wonderfully close, smooth and comfortable shave. Finished with Mennen skin bracer, on ot the best aftershaves there is IMHO

proxy.php

My wife's cousin is visiting this weekend, he's been facinated by me shaving with a straight since we visited them last easter, and today we did a "straight shaving 101"

I lent him my Gotta, the Berkeley, La Toja stick and some Irisch Moos. First he watched me shave while I explained every single move, then I guided him through a full pass shave, he even mowed down his goatee, and just one small nick!

I must addmit I am mighty impressed, he did much better than I did the first time, and from his respones I think a new straight shaver is born ;)

proxy.php

Sounds like you have done a magnificent job there, Rune, both for my razor, and converting another to straight shaving. Congratulations on both counts!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good morning friends!
PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE (SRP 2011) 2-band, Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: 7/8" Max Sprecher custom, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point, w/ Cobaltium M3 Mokume Gane scales + G10 Hunter Orange tapered wedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: Great shave from a fantastic razor

proxy.php

Have a nice week,
Béla​

What a shave with AdP and the Sprecher Custom!:001_wub::thumbup1: Great one, Bela! :001_smileI've only just recommended AdP in a PM.

Sunday, 29.I.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue LE2009 #35
Valobra Crema Sapone
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo The Rosso

proxy.php

I knew it was you, Emanuel!:biggrin1: A member PM'd me yesterday asking where I got those metal bowls with transparent lids. It wasn't me but I was sure it was you. And yes, it is!! Amazing shot as always, my friend!:thumbup1:

I knew it was you, Emanuel!:biggrin1: A member PM'd me yesterday asking where I got those metal bowls with transparent lids. It wasn't me but I was sure it was you. And yes, it is!! Amazing shot as always, my friend!:thumbup1:

Exactly! Those are stainless steel "Grundtal" boxes from IKEA. You can read a little more here. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Thank you David. :001_smile ...was really great shave!:001_tt1:
I can not wait for your next shaving with your "new" Flaschner. :wink2: I hope you will already be satisfied. :001_unsur

Cheers,
Béla

Bela, it looks as if Rune has been very successful in honing the Flaschner, and I can't wait to receive it back to experience it to the full. It's one hard piece of steel that one!!

Sunday

Music
Passion for Pavarotti Vol. 1+2

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
PenWorks Super Silvertip
7/8" Korff & Honsberg - Dos Angelitos

Software
Cella
Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Cella with Arlington? I would never have thought of putting those two together, but interesting, Soren. I need to try that combination, I think.:001_unsur Great pic.:001_smile:thumbup1:

Have I missed the Manantiales in your rotation, Keith? Great shave for sure.:001_wub::001_smile

I've had the Manantiales for a while but only used it a couple of times. I actually wasn't too impressed with it in my previous uses but today it was amazing - lots of wonderful thick lather from only a short time loading the brush.

It was a very nice way to start a rather lazy Sunday.

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 28mm Rodney Neep Extra Stuffed Silvertip Badger
Maxterpiece: 13/16" Dubl Duck "Satinedge", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (w/ G10 Jade Ghost scales + Hunter Orange wedge)
Honing (Refresh): 3 light laps on CrOx treated leather
Strop: 5/50/65 laps (Torolf Linen / SRD Premium IV English Bridle leather / Ambrose Horsehide Clàsico leather)
Soapreme: RazoRock "XXX" Shave Creme + Arko Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-Free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Truefitt & Hill "Spanish Leather" AS
Results: MAGNIFICENT
proxy.php
. BBS and smooth all over

proxy.php

Have a GREAT week gentlemen
proxy.php

Hey, Robert, where have you been???? I'm just trying to imagine what RazoRock XXX and Arko would have smelled like. Each on their own gives superb performance, so the combination must be out of this world.:thumbup1:

David,
Sorry buddy. I've just been buried with projects and can't find time to scratch my head these days. Sunday AMs are my sanity times these days (somewhat)

The Arko/XXX is an amazing combo. The scent of the Arko doesn't interfere either

Hey, Robert, where have you been???? I'm just trying to imagine what RazoRock XXX and Arko would have smelled like. Each on their own gives superb performance, so the combination must be out of this world.:thumbup1:

proxy.php

This "historic" TI was my first very nice razor. Back when I had a handful of Dovos, this was my go to guy for a luxurious Saturday shave. It's fallen into disuse as I developed a tasted for hollow grinds - this is 1/4 hollow but feels like a wedge thanks to the thick, square back. Nice to dust off this old friend and find him doing well.​

Great post, Henry!

I remember this one from your pics way back too, but never realized it was a 1/4 grind.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Monday, 30.I.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Simfix Grosvenor Superbadger 2-band
Comptoir des Savonniers Antibes
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Musgo Real Bálsamo

proxy.php

Truly a "Monday Morning Shave" - not only the brush is from a no-longer-made limited edition, also the soap from Comptoir des Savonniers is no longer in their catalog... :crying:

Beautiful pic as always, Emanuel! :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom