Emulsión Myrsol
Simpson Wee Scot
La Toja Jabón de Afeitar
Merkur 37c
Astra Super Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Institut Karité Baume Aprés Rasage

proxy.php

Trying a new style, Emanuel? Very different in a lovable way!!:001_smile:thumbup1:

This shave made possibly by the incomparable Maximillian!

Maxtom 8/8 | SRP 2011 LE | Bomb Rose + Sandalwood | Vetiver de Carven (Vintage)

proxy.php

Happy Birthday, my friend!
proxy.php

Bill, I hope you shaved BEFORE you made this post. You may have been slightly distracted otherwise, with dire consequences!!:w00t::wink2::lol::lol:

Saturday

Music
Pink - Greatest Hits... So Far!!!

Hardware
Japanese rice bowl
PenWorks Super Silvertip
7/8" Reiza-Kai

Software
Munkholm Shaving Soap
Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

That's a new soap on me, Soren.:confused1 Where's it from?

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK32
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap/Cream: Cella
After shave: Old Spice Original
Results: Got a new Guangxi/C12K yesterday and decided to try it on the MK, gave it a few laps on the SS 8K to make sure I killed the Shapton 16K edge it had before taking it to the Guangxi. First ~50 strokes with slurry followed by ~50 water only. Happy to say it seems like I've been lucky and got a good one, the feel of the edge was at least as good as from the SS12 of SG 16K :001_smile
Just a single pass multidirection shave (Still a pretty close shave) as I got a Thuri in the mail today that I think I will test tomorrow :biggrin1:

proxy.php

You've lost me there, Rune!:confused1:lol: But I do see Cella, a Chubby and a Helje, so it must have gone well, no matter what you did beforehand!!:lol::thumbup1:

Great picture as usual Soren.

Also good to hear you've had some success with the soap - guess I'm just lucky I have no troubles with it.

How are the EDT and the aftershave balm? I was thinking of picking them up.

I'm sorry Keith, I just noticed your question.

The ASB has a scent very close to the soap, and is performing like one would expect from a balm. It has got some good moisturising properties, but I get a little prickling in the skin when using it, and I think it must be one of the fragrances that just irritates my skin a little. It passes in a matter of minutes though.
If you have concerns about chemicals in these types of products you better look elsewhere, they have used a lot of parabenes and fragrances which at least in the EU are classified as "troublesome".
I'm not sure I will buy it again, as I think there are just as good or better products out there, but one never know until it has been examined :wink:

The EDT has a bit more citrus scent to it, which I personally like, however the staying power of the scent is poor, but I've read somewhere that it is to be expected with scents containing citrus.
I quite like the scent of the EDT, so at the moment I would buy it again if I ran dry.

If you like the scent of the soap, I don't think you will be disappointed with either of the two.

That's a new soap on me, Soren.:confused1 Where's it from?

It is a handmade soap from Denmark.
Don't go looking for it though, it is not worth it.

The protection and glide are great, but the lather completely lacks persistence, it dissipates almost as quickly as you can make it and not even adding some glycerine seems to help much.
I've seen it before; a soap-maker that makes good hand- and body-soaps think they can use the same recipe for a shaving soap just because it foams well. It is apparent that they don't know anything about wet-shaving and that there in fact are requirements to a shave soap apart from the scent - which by the way is rather nice, so it is too bad with the lather.

I'm sorry Keith, I just noticed your question.

The ASB has a scent very close to the soap, and is performing like one would expect from a balm. It has got some good moisturising properties, but I get a little prickling in the skin when using it, and I think it must be one of the fragrances that just irritates my skin a little. It passes in a matter of minutes though.
If you have concerns about chemicals in these types of products you better look elsewhere, they have used a lot of parabenes and fragrances which at least in the EU are classified as "troublesome".
I'm not sure I will buy it again, as I think there are just as good or better products out there, but one never know until it has been examined :wink:

The EDT has a bit more citrus scent to it, which I personally like, however the staying power of the scent is poor, but I've read somewhere that it is to be expected with scents containing citrus.
I quite like the scent of the EDT, so at the moment I would buy it again if I ran dry.

If you like the scent of the soap, I don't think you will be disappointed with either of the two.

Thanks Soren.

I do really like the scent of the soap so I'll probably pick them up sooner or later. Although they are no longer shipping the EDT outside the UK from their site so it'll probably be later.

Short staying power seems to be the norm for citrus scents - I've noticed it with both the TOBS Victorian Lime and GFT West Indian Limes EDTs.

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: Mühle Sophist in olive wood
SOAP/CREAM: Geo. F. Trumper's Sandalwood
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Hishakaku Folding Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
DECORATION: Chawan Raku Tea Bowl (In the margin line the sense) from pagasari
RESULT: Wonderful shave, BBS

proxy.php

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Excellent shave and pic, Bela!:thumbup1:

Mühle R89 + Gillette "Spoiler" | SRP 2011 LE | MdC | Profumo.it Tartar Leather
proxy.php

The Maxtom did such a wonderful job yesterday that I needed only a single pass with the DE for a DFS. I'm off to play Soldier again today...

Boys and their toys!!!!:wink2: Have a good day, Bill!:thumbup1:

Sunday

Music
Puccini - Arias & Duets

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Restored Victoria Silvertip
6/8" George Johan

Software
Valobra crema di sapone, mandorla
Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm
Ferrari Red EdT

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Superb sunday morning shave and pic, Soren!:thumbup1: I keep expecting to see your favourite port added to the end of your text, just to really finish it off !!!!:001_smile:lol::lol:

Mama Bear Lime Oil - Semogue 830 - Red Point 917 - TOBS Victorian Lime

proxy.php

It was a year ago today when I had my first shave with a straight razor so I decided to use the same setup I did that day. It was a pretty nice shave but reminded me that I'm not really a fan of the 830 for soaps.

Sometimes it takes a trip back in time to understand just how much you've learned and moved on from those early days. Well done, Keith....I doubt if I'll ever remember when I did my first straight shave after a year...I can't even remember what I did yesterday!!!:lol::lol::lol:

SOTD Sunday
8th January 2012

Muhle R89/Feather Hi Stainless/L'occitane Cade/Omega 10049/Tabac ASL

proxy.php

Result: One smooth, irritation free BBS shave.:001_smile

Very nice shave and pic, Patrick!:thumbup1: I would never have thought of combining Cade and Tabac.....I'll have to try that one.:001_smile

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A bit busy these last days, unfortunately. :sad: But ALL amazing shots, Gentlemen! Wow! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom