What's new

🏒 ⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” September 4th to 10th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️ 🥋

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_5673 (1).jpg

RAZOR: Tatara Masamune OC
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive 20mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap
POST: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Aftershave Toner

Shave Date 9/8/23
GRUME: 8/30
Razor:
Rex Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Pre-Shave: Shower, PAA Cube
Soap: PAA Doppelganger Grey
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic Brush
Post-shave: Alum Block, Thayers, PAA Mysterium Serum, PAA Doppenganger Grey After Shave.
Bowl: Douglas Smith Pottery Suribachi Shaving Bowl
Rating: 9.1/10 BBS Cheeks and DFS on the neck.

Notes here.

About as sports-themed as I can get is that Gillette is the title sponsor of the Patriots Statium. Enjoy the shaves.

IMG_1050.jpeg

SOTD-Knockout-P_2023-09-08.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: 1947 Knockout [made in Sheffield]
Blade: Silver Star (2)
ASL: Osage Rub

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I like the new-to-me Osage Rub; it gives a nice icy blast and the minimal scent dies off in about 15 minutes. :001_cool:
(No prizes for spotting the error on the photo, but I will award a "Cheers" reaction. :wink2:)

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD: 9th September 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been quite some time since I added the Supply V2 to my razor rotation....The design of the Supply V2 injector razor is wonderful and like the vintage Schick injectors is solidly built to hold the blade firm & rigid in the razor head with no movement making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter they and very easy to adjust to finding the right shaving angle....As I have mentioned before in my posting I find injectors are such comfortable smooth efficient shavers especially for head shaving.

The heft & balance of the Supply V2 is excellent fitted with a fresh Personna Injector PTFE blade mowed through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Ard Al Zafran Dirham Oud EDP to the chest and pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7242.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Heriditas Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Jianyu Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.

Simple SOTD today:

Fatboy passaround on 9, with Wizamet blade (4)
Paladin brush
My Rwandan shave bowl (custom made with bumps for me)
End of a MDC Agrumes soap sample (scent long gone)

Enjoying the razor - even on 9 it is a pussycat! Probably haven’t fully dialed it in, as not as close as my other more aggressive razors, but has convinced me to retain my Redtip and work on dialing that in as a mildish vintage Gillette
IMG_8663.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega Evo
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my fifth and final excellent shave with the Merkur 37C and a Personna Lab blade. I can always count on this razor to give me a close smooth shave. Today’s brush is my Omega Evo synthetic brush. This is one nice brush and performs as well as it looks. The MdC soap is on its 217th use. I think I have more than 25 shaves left. A perfect shave: no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Have a great day and weekend, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Saturday, Sept 9th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS torsion type slant, with a Yaqi brass coated handle.- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. This razor is well built with a unique design of a sloped safety bar that keeps the gap similar the whole width of blade or close enough for comfort shaving.
I find this slant razor very comfortable close shaving to use with excellent results using a Kai SS extra wide blade. Had a excellent shave this morning with no issues this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade to use for a slight increase in blade feel or blade exposure. I like to use this blade in my mild razors that I have accumulated over the years visiting antique stores and also new purchases.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice unique clean scent (Irish Creed) with excellent lather qualities. The more you use it the more you enjoy it has been my experiences.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. Handle and knot work well for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi 316 SS SLOPE slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD September 9 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom