What's new

SOTD- sheng of the day

Some 2009 Douji 250 gm. "Fragrant Brick" Very bright, very clean and oh so un-tweaked. Very long, stringy leaf. Need more sessions with this to determine how much I really like it. It's on the light side but with a very bright and bitter intensity. Hmmmm,..........
View attachment 90661

Last edited:
08 Dayi Daughter tea

This one was decent enough when I got it, but I think it's lying dormant like a few other bings I own until spring. Not a great session today.

Thank you guys :blushing: , goober you said it solid little cups. Very earthy natural organic feel its a nice contrast of rough stone to smooth celadon. It almost feels like if im drinking from the earth. Thanks goober for letting me adopt it. Hobbes, thank you not near as nice as the last photo by goober-san. silvertip beard, oh yea just about perfect in size :thumbup1:

menghai 7532 one my favs :thumbup1: do you have the 07 I wonder how they compare. :blink:

My 3rd day on 08 Menghai 7532. I think I corrected my previous problem with the first couple of infusions. I cut the steep time down a little and it really mellowed out the cup.

I ordered a bing of 2008 Menghai "Da Yi Hong Premium Ripe" with the 7532. I may try giving that a run tomorrow. Any recommendations for procedural differences?

menghai 7532 one my favs :thumbup1: do you have the 07 I wonder how they compare. :blink:

I do not have any other year...which is a shame. Though I do intend to procure some. Undoubtedly Netsurfr has tried both!

I ordered a bing of 2008 Menghai "Da Yi Hong Premium Ripe" with the 7532. I may try giving that a run tomorrow. Any recommendations for procedural differences?

I would use less shu than sheng and I would lenthen the first brew that you throw out....to about 30sec or so.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Some Xiauguan Jia Ji tuo of indeterminate age for me, and some 2007 Muyechun 002 for the birthday girl.

It's all over- I officially have a teenager now.

I do not have any other year...which is a shame. Though I do intend to procure some. Undoubtedly Netsurfr has tried both!

The difference between the 07 and 08 7532 is somewhat subtle in the early infusions but becomes more pronounced in later infusions. The most notable difference is the astringency level. Generally, the other aspects of the tea remain the same. All in all -- a winner no matter the year.

The difference between the 07 and 08 7532 is somewhat subtle in the early infusions but becomes more pronounced in later infusions. The most notable difference is the astringency level. Generally, the other aspects of the tea remain the same. All in all -- a winner no matter the year.

Thanks netsurfr....I knew I could count on you. It would be cool if you posted more information on the differences between recipes...if you have it.

Top Bottom