What's new

SOTD- sheng of the day

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I guess I shouldn't tell you that I traveled 50 years into the future, and the best sheng I had was from Yuan Nian? :tongue_sm

Sounds like a scene from the movie Sleeper.

2008 7542 <802>
Trying to settle the <801> vs. <802> debate once and for all. :lol:

proxy.php

2009 Menghai Dayi "Impression" - dark and contrived, but it's thrilling this morning. I miss good tea.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. The caffeine hits like a truck in this one, this morning. A caffeine-free week-end brings such contrast, perhaps.

ouch

2008 Xiaguan Duling Banjos Fengsao.

I planned on drinking lots of this this winter, but it's been fairly mild. It's the perfect cold weather elixir, but it's hitting the spot today.

We spent just two days spent in Maliandao, but we made 'em count! We brought 108 kg of luggage back, of which no more than 20 kg was tea. :ihih:

Welcome home, but only 20 kgs? :mad3:

If you thought getting your usual postal orders approved by SWMBO was difficult, try actually shopping for tea with her in person - particularly when she's doing all the translating...:001_smile

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Are we going to get any insights on the tea you hauled back from your Christmas trip ? Some of us are dying to know what was approved for purchase and consumption in the PRL :biggrin:! Hopefully not just tongs (I mean Ouch-samples) of 2009 Menghai Impression :lol:!

PS: today it is 2008 Dehong Purple brick from YS. Simple, sweet and fruity. Not fussy at all. Definitely a drink now shengpu.

Today is my first run at it. It sounded like an 08 7532 was a good place to start.

I think I may have either used too much tea or oversteeped the first cup or two, but the subsequent infusions were great.

Had this a while ago, loved it, and let it fall by the way-side. Had it again to see if it's worthy of a cake or two, and it's still a winner. Complex flavor profile, lush mouth feel, excellent cha qi, and a good amount of bitterness. The only question is: is it worth the asking price?

Are we going to get any insights on the tea you hauled back from your Christmas trip ? Some of us are dying to know what was approved for purchase and consumption in the PRL :biggrin:! Hopefully not just tongs (I mean Ouch-samples) of 2009 Menghai Impression :lol:!

PS: today it is 2008 Dehong Purple brick from YS. Simple, sweet and fruity. Not fussy at all. Definitely a drink now shengpu.

Sorry! I've been "fighting fires" since returning from Christmas, and am just about to get back into something approximating normality. Apart from being sent to Belgium the week after next. Argh.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

ouch

Today is my first run at it. It sounded like an 08 7532 was a good place to start.

I think I may have either used too much tea or oversteeped the first cup or two, but the subsequent infusions were great.

Good luck!

On thing's for sure about young sheng- if you overdo it, you'll know. :lol:

ouch

I'm in a period where I'm unwinding with a bunch of back to back 7AM until mignight work shifts. This always happens when I receive multiple boxes of tea. :mad3::thumbdown:angry::glare::sneaky2::blink:

Oh dear Ouch. Could you not just stay up for several days, high on sheng?

Some 2005 Haiwan Lao Tong Zhi tonight. I've not tried this for around 2 years, it's still painfully strong, but developing - I don't remember mushroom the last time. I think it's going back in the cupboard for another 2 years.

Looking around for info on this cake I came across this review by Jason, bearsbearsbears, not just a great review with nice pics there's also a good comment from Mike Petro about sheng for aging.

Another session with this one tonight, even though I had something else I need/wanted to try. It's settled, I'm buying a few cakes of this one...perhaps the best young sheng I've come across in a while. Excellent cha qi, felt it the second the cup hit my lips.

This is puerh offered by YS that has been baked in a bamboo branch. Once the bamboo baking flavors clears, there is some sweetness that comes through. There may be some interesting flavors in there but I am just not seeing it for now. I may have to put this one to rest to let the bamboo baking dissipate over time and see what is left...

This morning I tried two routes to work. Both were blocked by major accidents. Message received from the fates, I am working at home with some 2008 Xiaguan jincha by my side.

ouch

This morning I tried two routes to work. Both were blocked by major accidents. Message received from the fates, I am working at home with some 2008 Xiaguan jincha by my side.

I have two sealed tuos of that- half a kilo. Still, I hesitate to open them........

because I don't have enough!

Top Bottom