Brush: Shavemac 23mm D02 Buffalo Horn
    Bowl: Buffalo Horn 5” Lather Bowl
    Pre Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Cedar-Lavender
    Shave Soap: Neumann Signature 1907
    Aftershave: Neumann Signature 1907
    ​

$P1060085.jpg

Another excellent shave for not a lot of $$$.

Soap: RazoRock Zi'Peppino (Great soap!) $6.99
Razor: Vintage Gillette Tech $22.00
Brush: Van Der Hagen (Why'd I stop using this brush? :001_huh:) Brush, soap, & bowl for $11.99
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue $4.29
EdT: Cool Water (Ross) $17.99

Have a great shave and a great day!

$SOTD 032915.jpg

RazoRock Zi'Peppino (Love it!) | Van Der Hagen | Pre-war Gillette Tech | Schick "Swede" (2)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue | Cool Water

Last edited:

SOTD, Sunday afternoon, March 29th, 2015

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
La Saponeria Artigiana almond shave soap from brick
Simpson Milk Churn badger brush
Henckels stainless steel 70 1/2 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Barberry Coast Havana aftershave balm
Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano cologne

proxy.php

Lovely photos, gentlemen! Enjoy your Sunday! :thumbup:

Michael
Thank you Celestino, your photo today is lovely, as always!:thumbup1:

Very nice photos today,gentlemen!:thumbup:
Have a good evening:001_smile
mkiraly
Thank you so much witeq!

Awesome photo, Doctor! :thumbup1:

Cool washcloth rinse

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/86/09/02/8609027811e5166b58f2c7ffec577a25.jpg
Beautiful composition and color, as usual, Murray! :thumbup1:

Proraso | Rooney 1/1 | B&M Rhapsody | Slab | Myrsol Plastic Shave

Click here to view quoted image.
Nice photo, Chris, I love my SLAB, highly underrated razor, IMHO! :thumbup1:

Head & face shave. 1 day growth.

Technique: WTG / ATG/clean-up.

Prep: Shower. Lucky Tiger Face Wash

Soap: The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company - "Bespoke #1"

Brush: Semogue 1250

Razor: 1951 Gillette Super Speed "Black Tip" (steel version)

Blade: Astra SP(1)

Post: Quick cold shower, Fine's Snake Bite, 1740 Beard Balm Blackout - Deathwish Coffee Infused

Pay-off: Deathwish Coffee Company - Valhalla Java - Odinforce Blend

I don't usually shave every day, but I was stoked to try out LASSC's Bespoke #1. The only other soap by LASSC I've used is Myrkvior which is heavenly! Bespoke performed just like Myrkvior providing a super easy slick, shiny, dense, and durable lather. I loaded for about 45 seconds, then bowl-lathered. This provided more than enough lather for a 2 1/2 pass head and face shave. I can't describe the scent very well due to it's complexity. It evolved throughout the shave. It was somewhat earthy with a hint of vetiver and a ton of stuff in between. It was quite enjoyable. You should check out the ingredients list for Bespoke #1 as it's pretty impressive.

Back in the day, before I developed an appreciation for wetshaving, I used Super Speed's all the time and abused the hell out of them (left them in the shower, Williams and Colgate mug soap probably packed around the TTO mechanism). I had no technique back then. And certainly no decent products to speak of. Yet, they endured, and so did I. I was always able to get a quick and dirty face shave in the shower courtesy of a hand-me-down Super Speeds. I have developed a genuine appreciation for the vintage Gillettes. My 1951 Black Tip is the steel handle variety. This thing was built to last, and it's flawless function after 64 years is a testament to that. This is not just a nostalgia shave, mind you. Coupled with my old standby Astra SP, this is a real performer.

I started shvitzing, in the steamy shower, so I hopped back in for a quick cold shower followed by Mr. Fine's Snake Bite. I treated the van dyke to 1740 Beard Balm Blackout (the lanolin base) infused with Deathwish Coffee.

Now my wife and I are enjoying a fresh pot of Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend courtesy of Death Wish Coffee Company. This is probably the best dark roast coffee you can buy.

Enjoy your Palm Sunday, friends. And to my fellow Christians, don't forget to reflect on the significance of this day and the coming week.

proxy.php

SOTD, Saturday evening, March 28th, 2015

Truefitt & Hill Grafton shave cream
The Art of Shaving badger brush
Gillette New Standard safety razor + Shark blade
Cool washcloth rinse
T&H Grafton cologne

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/64/0d/41/640d4192ed5bf56e1c98745d316ee998.jpg

http://www.indierockfan.net/pics/SOTD_03282015.jpg

Razor - Muhle R89 Grande
Blade - Feather
Brush - Vie Long Lord Randall Natural White Horse Hair
Soap - Dapper Dragon Blood Orange Shaving Soap
Aftershave - Nivea Post-Shave Balm
Fragrance - Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche

--Jerome

Muhle R41 2013
Astra SP (2)
Thater 4376/4
Irisch Moos
Czech Pitralon

Straight : Stanley / Coudert
Lotion : Mennen (well not the best quality, but do its job for a student ;) )
Soap: Arko ( red bol)

Head & face shave.

Technique: WTG / XTG / ATG/clean-up.

Prep: Hot shower. Lucky Tiger Face Wash

Soap: Soap Commander - Courage

Razor: The Phoenix Double Open Comb (shimmed x2)

Post: Fine - Fresh Vetiver, Soap Commander Aftershave Balm - Integrity, 1740 Beard Balm

Pay-off: Beautiful East Texas early Spring evening.

This was the maiden voyage for the Soap Commander soap. I really like the deep tub container allowing room for the proto lather. I then transferred over to a bowl lather in the thrift shop stoneware bowl. There was no trouble getting a good shiny, dense lather. I did have to reload after 3 face passes as the lather in the bowl was breaking down. It was no trouble, though. Then came 3 easy passes on the dome. I can't say much for the scent, because it was practically nonexistent. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I wasn't quite sure what the combination of Courage's "peppercorn, citrus, and cedar" would be like in the first place. I'm ambivalent about scents in shaving soaps anyway. Sure, they add to the experience, but in my experience, it's almost gone after the final rinse. Then, any lingering scent is often wiped out by the after shave product.

Given my prior experiences with the The Phoenix Double Open Comb, I knew 2 days growth would be laborious, so I tried shimming for the first time. All I can say is, "wow." If any of you are as in love with the PDOC as I am, but feel it's too mild to handle 2 or more days of stubble, shim it! This totally transforms this razor into one that is extremely efficient without losing its signature smoothness. Some will say if you have to modify the tool, perhaps it's the wrong tool. My retort is that it's perfect for daily shavers---no shimming necessary, but for intermittent shavers with thick, coarse stubble, shimming will keep it in your rotation. I don't feel like the angle changed at all after the shimming. With this unique design, a lot of the cap comes in contact with the skin.

I'm loving Mr. Fine's Fresh Vetiver. Excellent performance and a wonderful, steady, lingering scent. There was only a faint sting from the alcohol, but that's attributable to the PDOC's flawless performance.

This was my second use of the Soap Commander Aftershave Balm. About 30 seconds after application, I'm reminded that it contains the perfect amount of soothing, cooling menthol. I have yet to encounter a balm (or even moisturizing lotion) that even approaches the performance of Soap Commander. It takes a small--I mean tiny--amount to moisturize my entire scalp and face. It then proceeds to last for most of the day without even a hint of greasiness. I chose the unscented "Integrity" variety so I could continue to enjoy the Fresh Vetiver.

I finished off with 1740 Beard Balm - Peppermint for my van dyke. 1740 not only softens the coarse beard, but it also provides extra protection around my mouth and nose.

This was a very enjoyable, relaxing shave courtesy of some very talented artisans.

Planed SOTD for Sunday 29Mar15

Left to Right Back-row:"Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush VDH Luxury Mug Set, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails
Left to Right Front-Row: Shave Secret Shaving Oil,Wilkinson Sword DE Blades White Container, ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle ** {This Razor is used but not always in my Rotation}, RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave.

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tea Tree Bath Soap, Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick * Wet wash cloth soaked in Cold Water
Shaving Mug: VDH Luxury Mug
Shaving Soap: VDH Deluxe Shave Soap
Razor: ATT Atlas R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (1)
Brush: "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush
Aftershave: Stirling Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard). Start with a new Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor Blade. I will also Face Lather again tomorrow, I will wipe face off with Ice Cold Wet Wash Cloth. I will be shaving with Cold Water. Hopefully it will result in another DFS-BBS, with "No Nicks or Weepers".

Gillette Aristocrat - Rapira Swedish Supersteel - Mühle Silvertip Fibre - Calani Cadre Noir - Aqua Velva

Saturday

Horn bowl ¤ Mühle Silvertip ¤ Mühle R89 + 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Tabac soap ¤ Myrsol F./Extra After Shave ¤ Ferrari Racing Red EDT

http://www.shm.dk/shave/sotd/2015/03/28.jpg

Sunday

Bukhave scuttle ¤ H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Korff & Honsberg "Dos Angelitos"
Nanny's Lemony Lime soap ¤ Myrsol Balsamica ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Have a fantastic Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

http://www.shm.dk/shave/sotd/2015/03/29.jpg

3/29/15

Art of Shaving Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Speick Shave Stick
Victoria Badger Travel Brush
11/16 Henckel #415
Illinois 827 Strop
Shave Nation (Shavex) Alum Block
Captain's Choice North
Captain's Choice North Balm
Banana Republic "M"

Sunday
Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
Soap: Reef Point Submariner
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue SP (3)
Brush: Canadian House of Fuller w/Pur-Tech Gen 4 Synthetic-24mmx52mm-GD Carrington
Aftershave: Country Club Sweet Water

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Submariner today. 20 seconds to load the Fuller Pur-Tech Synthetic. Great, easy, thick, lather. Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue SP in the Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave! I finished CC Sweet Water.

Bob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Shave/SOTD 2015/SOTD 3-29-15_zpsud42w0du.jpg

It is always a great joy to shave with a masterpiece, it adds beauty to a beautiful act like traditional shaving. This Mastro Livi CarboInox kamisori is also a great shaver, giving a deep and close shave, just like any Mastro Livi straight razor. This is the very first CarboInox kamisori ever made by Mastro Livi and I love the stunning combination of shiny stainless steel and the elegant touch of the carbon damascus in the middle. CarboInox is in fact made with the San Mai technique and it is made of three layers of steels, in which Mastro Livi has been successful in combining carbon steel to stainless steel. Amazing shave!​

• Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Musgo Real Orange Amber
  • Brush: My Father's Omega Bristle 47
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Kamisori
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol F./Extra

Sunday 29th March

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t572/sirbrian782/SOTD2029.3.15_zpsj4oqqwrr.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
CRSW Select Sandalwood scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette 88
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave

SOTD:
1966 L2 (birth quarter) Gillette Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (2nd shave)
Plisson Brush
Haslinger Schafmilch soap in OS mug
Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorns
Gentelman Jon Alum Block
This is my standard weekend setup, but my first time with the Haslinger Schafmilch. Rich, slick lather with a pleasant, mild scent. I'm a fan!

29 March 2015

* Weber DLC + WRH3c Aluminum
* Super Iridium
* WSP Manchurian + K-Translucent
* Mystic Water Vanilla Sandalwood
* Unrefined Shea Butter
* Bergamot/Vetiver EO

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/673/eSC29u.jpg

SOTD

SOTD 29 March 2015

Another version of mine about shaving on budget.
Today another mediterranean budget combo: Proraso Red

Pre: 1 min Hot rinse and Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Universal shavette h/blade
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Soap: Proraso Red
AS: Proraso White Balm

Music: BBC News

EDT: Varvatos Artisan

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c...E-08BC-4AA9-9A67-52C7DC81F97E_zpslrfirxqj.jpg

Have a nice shave and Sunday at all and your beloved ones!!

Since my duty week starts this afternoon, I go for one of the best shaves I can get.

Semi-budget SOTD:
Shower
Blades Grimm Smolder pre-shave
RR Captains Choice Bay Rum
Mowhawk 3-338 with TGN reknot
Micromatic OC
Gem blade
Captains Choice Bay Rum AS

Have a safe week.

One last go in the true spirit of budget week! After this I'm sure a nice luxury shave will feel great tomorrow!
Ivory * Barbasol * Good News * Aqua Velva Blue
http://i.imgur.com/82d3ix3.jpg

SOTD
Sunday, March 29, 2015

RazoRock Baby Smooth
Bic Chrome Platinum #2
Duly Mitchell Porcelain Lather Bowl
Simpson M6 TSN LE #3/200 Manchurian 22X48mm
Strop Shoppe - Barbershoppe
Fine - American Blend

Click here to view quoted image.:thumbup1:

Mysterious Orbs
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8724/16780025658_9b07f9b7e6_h.jpg
L1027643 - Version 2 on Flickr

No. 58 Gillette
Polsilver Super Iridium (3x)
Rubberset 400-3 TGN 24mm Finest F2
Jabonman Tierra Humeda soap & as lotion

Merkur 34C
Personna Lab
G5 scuttle
C&E BB medium
Valobra Menthol with a drop of lavender EO
cold water splash - really cooling with the menthol!
Myrsol Agua de Limon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/surferfletch/1B66349D-B7F8-4E6B-94D6-6E60C18BFD4B_1.jpg

SOTD 03-29-15

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums...OTD 032915 straight ink peach_zpsaxood9t3.jpg

ATT Kronos M2 / Astra sp (3)
H.L. Thater 4125 2-Band Fan
Moss Shaving Scuttle
Col. Conk Shave Soap - Amber
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

• Sunday's SOTD

Razor: Antelope #16 11/16 Full Hollow
    Brush: Shavemac 23mm D02 Buffalo Horn
    Bowl: Buffalo Horn 5” Lather Bowl
    Pre Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
    Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Cedar-Lavender
    Shave Soap: Neumann Signature 1907
    Aftershave: Neumann Signature 1907
    ​

Another excellent shave for not a lot of $$$.

Soap: RazoRock Zi'Peppino (Great soap!) $6.99
Razor: Vintage Gillette Tech $22.00
Brush: Van Der Hagen (Why'd I stop using this brush? :001_huh:) Brush, soap, & bowl for $11.99
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue $4.29
EdT: Cool Water (Ross) $17.99

Have a great shave and a great day!

RazoRock Zi'Peppino (Love it!) | Van Der Hagen | Pre-war Gillette Tech | Schick "Swede" (2)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue | Cool Water

Shave Ready Pre Shave Essential Oil Lemon
Dr Harris Windsor shaving soap
Hart Steel Not a Replica 6/8 straight razor
Floid Blue aftershave
Shave Ready Save Face moisturizer
Quorum EDT

Cool washcloth rinse

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/86/09/02/8609027811e5166b58f2c7ffec577a25.jpg

Proraso | Rooney 1/1 | B&M Rhapsody | Slab | Myrsol Plastic Shave

Head & face shave. 1 day growth.

Technique: WTG / ATG/clean-up.

Prep: Shower. Lucky Tiger Face Wash

Soap: The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company - "Bespoke #1"

Razor: 1951 Gillette Super Speed "Black Tip" (steel version)

Post: Quick cold shower, Fine's Snake Bite, 1740 Beard Balm Blackout - Deathwish Coffee Infused

Pay-off: Deathwish Coffee Company - Valhalla Java - Odinforce Blend

I don't usually shave every day, but I was stoked to try out LASSC's Bespoke #1. The only other soap by LASSC I've used is Myrkvior which is heavenly! Bespoke performed just like Myrkvior providing a super easy slick, shiny, dense, and durable lather. I loaded for about 45 seconds, then bowl-lathered. This provided more than enough lather for a 2 1/2 pass head and face shave. I can't describe the scent very well due to it's complexity. It evolved throughout the shave. It was somewhat earthy with a hint of vetiver and a ton of stuff in between. It was quite enjoyable. You should check out the ingredients list for Bespoke #1 as it's pretty impressive.

Back in the day, before I developed an appreciation for wetshaving, I used Super Speed's all the time and abused the hell out of them (left them in the shower, Williams and Colgate mug soap probably packed around the TTO mechanism). I had no technique back then. And certainly no decent products to speak of. Yet, they endured, and so did I. I was always able to get a quick and dirty face shave in the shower courtesy of a hand-me-down Super Speeds. I have developed a genuine appreciation for the vintage Gillettes. My 1951 Black Tip is the steel handle variety. This thing was built to last, and it's flawless function after 64 years is a testament to that. This is not just a nostalgia shave, mind you. Coupled with my old standby Astra SP, this is a real performer.

I started shvitzing, in the steamy shower, so I hopped back in for a quick cold shower followed by Mr. Fine's Snake Bite. I treated the van dyke to 1740 Beard Balm Blackout (the lanolin base) infused with Deathwish Coffee.

Now my wife and I are enjoying a fresh pot of Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend courtesy of Death Wish Coffee Company. This is probably the best dark roast coffee you can buy.

Enjoy your Palm Sunday, friends. And to my fellow Christians, don't forget to reflect on the significance of this day and the coming week.

nice photos to close out the week Gents. Looking forward to what you all have for next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom