Saturday, 28th of March, 2015

Merkur 39C
Feather blade
Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger Brush
Proraso preshave cream
Taconic Eucalyptus Mint
AV Ice Blue
Nivea Sensitive Balm

Remarks: Terrific morning shave, BBS, felt lovely. Really loving that proraso preshave, I feel like that gives me an advantage when I only have 24-36 hours of growth and makes it easier to get a close shave without ripping my neck apart. Really enjoyed my AV splash too.

$WP_20150328_001.jpg

Straight : Stanley / Coudert
Lotion : Mennen (well not the best quality, but do its job for a student ;) )
Soap: Arko ( red bol)

Head & face shave.

Technique: WTG / XTG / ATG/clean-up.

Prep: Hot shower. Lucky Tiger Face Wash

Soap: Soap Commander - Courage

Brush: Semogue 1250

Razor: The Phoenix Double Open Comb (shimmed x2)

Blade: Astra SP(1)

Post: Fine - Fresh Vetiver, Soap Commander Aftershave Balm - Integrity, 1740 Beard Balm

Pay-off: Beautiful East Texas early Spring evening.

This was the maiden voyage for the Soap Commander soap. I really like the deep tub container allowing room for the proto lather. I then transferred over to a bowl lather in the thrift shop stoneware bowl. There was no trouble getting a good shiny, dense lather. I did have to reload after 3 face passes as the lather in the bowl was breaking down. It was no trouble, though. Then came 3 easy passes on the dome. I can't say much for the scent, because it was practically nonexistent. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I wasn't quite sure what the combination of Courage's "peppercorn, citrus, and cedar" would be like in the first place. I'm ambivalent about scents in shaving soaps anyway. Sure, they add to the experience, but in my experience, it's almost gone after the final rinse. Then, any lingering scent is often wiped out by the after shave product.

Given my prior experiences with the The Phoenix Double Open Comb, I knew 2 days growth would be laborious, so I tried shimming for the first time. All I can say is, "wow." If any of you are as in love with the PDOC as I am, but feel it's too mild to handle 2 or more days of stubble, shim it! This totally transforms this razor into one that is extremely efficient without losing its signature smoothness. Some will say if you have to modify the tool, perhaps it's the wrong tool. My retort is that it's perfect for daily shavers---no shimming necessary, but for intermittent shavers with thick, coarse stubble, shimming will keep it in your rotation. I don't feel like the angle changed at all after the shimming. With this unique design, a lot of the cap comes in contact with the skin.

I'm loving Mr. Fine's Fresh Vetiver. Excellent performance and a wonderful, steady, lingering scent. There was only a faint sting from the alcohol, but that's attributable to the PDOC's flawless performance.

This was my second use of the Soap Commander Aftershave Balm. About 30 seconds after application, I'm reminded that it contains the perfect amount of soothing, cooling menthol. I have yet to encounter a balm (or even moisturizing lotion) that even approaches the performance of Soap Commander. It takes a small--I mean tiny--amount to moisturize my entire scalp and face. It then proceeds to last for most of the day without even a hint of greasiness. I chose the unscented "Integrity" variety so I could continue to enjoy the Fresh Vetiver.

I finished off with 1740 Beard Balm - Peppermint for my van dyke. 1740 not only softens the coarse beard, but it also provides extra protection around my mouth and nose.

This was a very enjoyable, relaxing shave courtesy of some very talented artisans.

proxy.php

Planed SOTD for Sunday 29Mar15
$100_0288 (600x449).jpg

Left to Right Back-row:"Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush VDH Luxury Mug Set, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails
Left to Right Front-Row: Shave Secret Shaving Oil,Wilkinson Sword DE Blades White Container, ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle ** {This Razor is used but not always in my Rotation}, RazoRock Ultimate Aftershave.

$ZCOLDWATER2.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Tea Tree Bath Soap, Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick * Wet wash cloth soaked in Cold Water
Shaving Mug: VDH Luxury Mug
Shaving Soap: VDH Deluxe Shave Soap
Razor: ATT R-1 88mm Kronos Handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword DE Blade (1)
Brush: "Old Corps"& "Oscar 11" Custom 28/65mm TGN Finest Badger F-2 Knot Resin Handle Brush
Aftershave: Stirling Cat O' Nine Tails A/S

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard). Start with a new Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor Blade. I will also Face Lather again tomorrow, I will wipe face off with Ice Cold Wet Wash Cloth. I will be shaving with Cold Water. Hopefully it will result in another DFS-BBS, with "No Nicks or Weepers".

Last edited:
Omega 10066 brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap

Ikon Shavecraft 102/Gillette Siver Blue
Bump Patrol Aftershave Lotion

Duoro - Penhaligon's

Gillette Aristocrat - Rapira Swedish Supersteel - Mühle Silvertip Fibre - Calani Cadre Noir - Aqua Velva

Attachments

• $11076781_934235789944001_5152933624995739244_o.jpg
    $11076781_934235789944001_5152933624995739244_o.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 70
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 power
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash

PRORASO Pre- Shave Cream - white range
PRORASO Shaving Soap Bowl - Red range

Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
PRORASO Liquid After Shave Cream-White range

NUXE MEN Multi-Purpose Eye Cream
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture SPF 15
Eau de Parfum : FRACAS by Robert Piguet

Sunday evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Rapira SS (2)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Omega 10018
A/S: Nivea
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Saturday

Horn bowl ¤ Mühle Silvertip ¤ Mühle R89 + 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Tabac soap ¤ Myrsol F./Extra After Shave ¤ Ferrari Racing Red EDT

proxy.php

Sunday

Bukhave scuttle ¤ H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Korff & Honsberg "Dos Angelitos"
Nanny's Lemony Lime soap ¤ Myrsol Balsamica ¤ Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Have a fantastic Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom