What's new

🚂 🚘 🛩 SOTD - “Planes, Trains and Automobiles Week” September 25 - October 1st, 2023 🚊 ✈️ 🚙

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prep: Warm Shower
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Semogue Barbear Portugues 2023 LE
Soap: Portus Cale
Razor: HLS Elbrus TI
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Antigua Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira Porto

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

Sunday SOTD
20230928_141417.jpg

Razor: Schick B2
Blade: Schick Proline B-20 (D7)
Brush: Simpson M7 Platinum 22mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Balm: MdC Huile Végétale Camomille
Aftershave: Extro Italiana

Pulled out my old favorite the Ranger Tech

SOTD: 09/30/2023

Razor: Gillette Ranger Tech
Blade: Personna Lab Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Rooney Style 3 Size 1 Pure Badger
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: REX Supply Co. 1955
Aftershave: REX Supply Co. 1955
Additional Care: Thayer’s Lavender WH
Fragrance: YSL Body Kouros EdT
IMG_5974.jpeg

5 out of 5 tonight, forgot how much I like the Ranger Tech, perfect aggression level for a daily shaver for me.

SOTD: 1st October 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Gillette Original Scent Shave Foam. (Red)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdP.

Greetings,

Open-Comb October focus month.

I will be using the FaTip Grande & Parker 24C paired together with the Gillette London Bridge blades for my face shaves and continue to use the Gillette Guard for my head shaves for October. Starting off with the assertive FaTip Grande fitted with the GLB was a great duo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease. I forgot how smooth & assertive this razor is.

I recieved two cans of gillette shave foam ( red) & sensitive (green) with many other gifts from family & friends for my 60th birthday in June and out of respect & courtesy to them I'll start to give them a try out.

I gave the can a good shake for a minute or so then put a more than generous dollop in to my shaving bowl, Its hard to control the amount that comes out once you have pressed the release cap. The foam was far too thick with no slickness on release but with the wet synthetic brush adding a small amount of water I started to mix gradually which turned the foam into a workable shave cream with good residual slickness protection without dissipating or drying out in the bowl or on my face in-between each pass.

The post shave was very acceptable with no dryness or irritation to my skin. I'll be honest, I didn't expect a canned shave foam to give such good results. Mixing the foam in the bowl with the synthetic brush and additional water was the the key to it's performance. I will continue to use foam with the rest of my shaves throughout the week and try out the sensitive version in next week shaves.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7672.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 25C.
4) China: Razor Blade Rhino Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B Essential Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
9/10
Comments
I loaded my Karve razor with a Personna Lab blade. with other razors. I managed to nick my ear while shaving my head. My face shave, however, was perfect. Today’s brush is the first edition of the B&B Essential Boar. This brush makes perfect lather. Today is the 239th shave with the MdC soap. A BBS shave and it would have been perfect except for the nick on my ear. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom