What's new

🚂 🚘 🛩 SOTD - “Planes, Trains and Automobiles Week” September 25 - October 1st, 2023 🚊 ✈️ 🚙

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7607.jpeg

Chiseled Face Ti Legacy

01 October, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming: Barbershop ( PGA )
Fragrance: Rogue Perfumery Bon Monsieur
a stunning shave today.. that SS blade is an absolute dream with the 6S, and that PGA base is simply top tier. Stunning!

Sunday 1st October

Zenith 50/50 Horse - Stirling Agar - Tondeo Sifter/TSS3 #6 - Khalifa EDP

Continuing with the Tondeo setup to find out how many shaves I can achieve with half a TSS3. The Tondeo blades are now made by Feather. They are thinner than AC but thicker than DE and not as sharp as either of them. Initially I thought I was going to be disappointed with them but after an initial drop in performance they have settled and just keep cutting away very efficiently and smoothly.
A lovely shave in 2 passes with a touchup!

20230304_090922.jpg

Razor: VIC Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: US Standard Restored with Frank Shaving G5 knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
retro-car-ad-8-1000x802.jpg

9/29/23
Tabac
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo, Black Fiber
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (9)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Stirling Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD9-29-23.jpeg

9/30/23
Noble Otter Rawr
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
13/16 Dorko #1054
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Noble Otter Rawr
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Bourbon French La Vie Nouveau
SOTD9-30-23.jpeg

10/1/23
Col Conk Lime
Vie-Long 14080
5/8 Robert Klaas
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Citrus Musk
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
SOTD10-01-23.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914
Blade: GEM Duridium (D2)

Lather: MacDuff's Soap Co. Badlands
Brush: Yaqi Men's
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Aftershave: MacDuff's Soap Co. Badlands

I'm continuing to test and explore the GEM Duridium blade. This awesome shave was my second use of this vintage blade. This time I'm using it in an age-appropriate Ever-Ready 1914 razor.

This shave is also the first time I've had the pleasure of using software from Macduff's. I've heard so many good things about this artisan that I'm ashamed I've taken this long. Either way, now's as good a time as any.

The soap is very soft and a little goes a long way. The lather starts out very creamy and dense. Satisfying its thirst though adds volume and yields a fantastically slick, protective lather.

The scent, in my opinion, is really good! I mostly get a smooth creamy peach vibe from it. It has a brightness to it's opening coming from the citrus/grapefruit with the peach note always present. The creaminess has a vanilla-esque aspect to it but there's no actual vanilla in it. It's just the benzoin talking. Overall this is a fantastic scent and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

For those that want to know the full list of notes, they're listed as, grapefruit, yuzu, citrus rind, peach, tonka bean, musk, patchouli, benzoin, coriander blossom.

The Ever-Ready 1914 I have is easily user-grade with one side looking a little off after being loaded with a blade. The edge was even so I didn't care too much. I found this razor to have probably the loudest audible feedback of any razor I've ever used. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't stop thinking the sound was akin to the sound of ripping velcro apart.

After three passes I was damn smooth. The Duridium blade continued to prove it's worth so I'll continue to use it in more razors going forward. Vintage SE for the win!

Thanks for reading and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD OCTOBER 1st
OCTOBER 2023 GRUME
TABACTOBER 2023

Hello friends

Rainy night and 18°C. Perfect to debut on Tabactober 2023! Soap (tallow) and AS were perfect. I know that its smell is not unanimous, that you either love it or hate it, but I'm part of the first group, fortunately. Green Cult 2.0 plate IV, deep as always. Gillete Silver Blue (3) and Semogue SOC Mistura, my favorite blade and my favorite brush.

With us, finishing Sunday, Sonny Rollins.

What else to say, my friends?

Rating: 10

Have a nice Sunday night and great shaves.
❤️🪒

8FE7C63F-2E04-4D03-A735-9B4F7BED89FA.jpeg
IMG_1993.jpeg

TABACtober and OCtober

SOTD: 10/01/2023

Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Astra Green, 2nd use
Brush: Shavemac 22/48 D01 Two-Band
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Tabac Original (Tallow)
Aftershave: Tabac Original Aftershave
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Scentless