What's new

SOTD October 23th - October 29nd

crackstar said:
Joe, with my sticks which have holders, like Erasmic, or Palmolive, etc, I just remove the stick from the holder, do my rubbling, and then put the stick back in the holder, and then I wet the brush and go to town with the lather. I'm surprised how Arko soap has no holder. :confused:

Jeff

Thats how they keep the ARKO so cheap! no holder. but i have no problems with it, I just only tear off part of the wrapper at a time, and leave it in the wrapper while I'm rubbing it on my face. Works great like that.

TraderJoe said:
Very interesting Jim. Have you done this with tallow-based shave soaps?

For me, rubbing the stick on the face helps to create a thick, luxurious lather. I don't use a bowl with these types of soaps.

I have done it- if it will not melt with heat- I did it with those Arko sticks also.
I used a food processor with a grating blade.

Thanks Joe. Been learning a lot about the current state of audiophile concepts and the DIY aspects. This weekend I've been reading up on DACs. Good stuff....

crackstar said:
that's what I do too with the Arko sticks, Joe. Erasmic sticks are even cheaper than the Arkos, strange, huh?

Jeff

Jeff, i'm very much looking forward to receiving my erasmic stuff. I haven't heard anything from westons other than the automated stuff. Hopefully, its on the way. :biggrin:

Merkur 1904 w/ Derby blade
SR3824 brush
PSO
QED Tangerine & Spearmint soap
QED alum bar
Baxter's ASB
NB moisturizer

Floris JF EdT

wilkinson sword clasice DE (A cheap one i know )
Trumers rose shaving cream
Sharps skin tuner
AS gel

just ordered the Hydro last sytem and some Spray Tonic - Frankincense/Orange. I will be investing in a Merkur HD or Vision in the future

Saturday Shave
Purpose Face Wash
Jason Biotin Conditioner on Beard
Merkur HD / Feather
Merkur Silvertip
Glycerine Before Each Pass
Taylors Almond Cream
Alum Block
Proraso ASB
GFT Coral Skin Food

Sunday Shave
Purpose Face Wash
Jason Biotin Conditioner on Beard
Merkur HD / Feather
C&E Best Badger
Glycerine Before Each Pass
Taylor Almond Cream
Alum Block
Musgo Real AS
GFT Coral Skin Food

I seem to get better shaves wtith my $35 C&E Best Badger than I do with my Merkur Silvertip that I paid twice as much for. :confused: Go figure.

Have I mentioned I LOVE the SHARP Stainless blades?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, Joanna, nothing in the way of a DE blade can shave me as great as a Sharp--not only that, I never, never had such a GENTLE shave with a DE blade.

Jeff

Top Bottom