Monday Morning:

Hot Shower/Proraso Glycerin Cleansing Bar/Hot Towel
1954 Gillette TV SS
Swedish Gillette (Shave #2)
Tweezerman Deluxe
Fa Men Dynamic SC
Aqua Velva Original Sport A/S
Vaseline IRML Lotion

And with today's shave, I am back to my winning ways. No irritation whatsoever. I tried to concentrate a little bit more on my technique and pressure (or lack thereof) and voi la! No problemo. Last week I tried out the Fa Men Oceanic scent and it was very nice. This week, the Dynamic was just as good. I decided to use this new bottle of Aqua Velva Original Sport and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with it. It doesn't seem to have the staying power of original AV but it's still good. Seal it all up with some moisturizer and I'm good to go. This will be my only shave this week as I need to grow in a bit of a beard for my Halloween costume reveal at a party this weekend. Until next time!

proxy.php

Taylor of Old Bond St. Sandalwood SS
Kent BK4
Merkur 38C with Super Max Platinum (D3)
Osage Rub
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Another good one today:

ball-end Tech (gold)
Derby (1)
c&e best badger
Old Spice shave cream
skin bracer

ball-end tech and Derby is THE set-up for me. I may still experiment with blades every now and again, but I think after all these years, I have found MY combo.!

View attachment 71232
Picture made in Marbella / Spain.

HARDWARE:
Merkur 933 Travel Safety Razor (In Leather case).
Derby Blade.
Plisson Travel shaving brush nickeled. Pure grey badger hair size: 6 knot = 17mm Loft = 47 mm.

SOFTWARE:
Prep Pre Shave.
Geo F. Trumper's Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream.
Floïd Vigoroso After Shave (Made in Spain).

Have a nice Monday !
Eelco

I can't say I believe in role models, but you're mine!!!

Last edited:
Tabac - Day 19

Monday

Razor: Merkur 34C
Razor blade: Shark (1st use)
Shaving brush: Shavemac custom D01
Shaving soap: Tabac
Witch hazel: T.N. Dickinson's
After shave lotion: Tabac

Tabac Shave Soap: Day 19 Shave 13

Shavemac 21mm Finest
Dovo Special 5/8
Proraso AS Splash
TGR Unscented

Cheers,
Mike

Monday

Schick "type I1" Injector / Ted Pella Injector blades / Shavemac 177 25mm Silvertip Badger / Castle Forbes preshave / Castle Forbes lavender shaving cream / Publix WH / Castle Forbes lavender after shave balm

Monday is Penhaligon's Day!

Only way I can think of to start the week right.

Shower
Penhaligon's Blenheim SC under a warm towel
Shavemac 177
More Pen's SC
Gillette Super Adjustable
Israeli Red Pack
WWR/CWR
SCS Med Citrus Splash
CWR
Proraso ASB
Penhaligons BB Edt

:eek::eek:WH Morley Straight, some degree of hollow grind
Rup Razor Filly Strop
Omega Boar Brush
Prairie Creations Lavendar EO
Aveda ASB

Second time with the straight--following SRP instructions, I hit my sideburns when I picked this puppy up for the first time. This time, I planned to roll through my cheeks.

The blade didn't seem as sharp as I think it should be, so I hit the chromium oxide side of the filly strop a couple of times and then onto the leather. With that, tried it on the back of my hand and the hairs were popping, so off to the face.

Two minor mistakes, I had a few distractions (kids in the tub...hmmm...is that a bad idea?) and I used the Omega for the first time. So, my lather wasn't as good as I can get with my Tweezerman which probably limited my usual slickness/cushion. I will get there with the Omega, it will just take time....and that boar smell...I grew up on a hog farm, and it does indeed smell like a wet pig for now, even overpowering my lavendar eo ss.

I also realized how much different this is than a d.e. The length of the blade is easy to underestimate. Hitting the first sideburn, the tip found my earlobe, little cut, no big deal.....rolled through each sideburn ok, and then to the first cheek. First cheek, slid the blade a bit sideways ala slicing motion and a little cut there...so I put it away for the night. In spite of a bit of blood, I think this is going to be a cool way to shave--but I won't give up my d.e....I am still craving an Edwin Jagger w/ new Muhle head.....and then more straights....

Last edited:
I started with a nice hot shower with T&H Extract of West Indian Limes Body Wash and Shampoo and followed it up with this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom