Not open for further replies.
Memorial Day Shave

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Tabac
Aftershaves: Thayers WH, Pinaud Special Reserve, Nivea balm

feeling terrible with a flu, but I went for luxury this am:

English Rocket / irdium Super (day 2) / Trumper's Rose / GN Finest / Thayer's / AV ice Blue / Nivea ASb / Trumper's Sandalwood EDT

The GFT Rose is a wonderful soap. I admit I am often put off by the 'rosiness' of it when I open the container, but as it lathers, it morphs into a mild, clean, slightly rosy scent.

I love the shave too! :thumbup:

Barry

Monday 31 May 2010
The final day of Musgo May

proxy.php

Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil
Musgo Real Creme Para Barbar // AoS Alum Block // Musgo Real After Shave Classic
1962 Slim Adjustable // Astra Super Platinum // C&E Pure Badger
C O Bigelow No. 1585

On a recent visit my mother gave me her father's shave kit, unearthed preparing my grandmother for a move. Today I used his mug to help me remember the man who repeatedly drove the sixteen hours round-trip to get me to and from school, the man who taught me to shave, and the man who served his country in the Korean war.

A blessed Memorial Day to all.

MONDAY

Retro Cartridge Shave This Morning

Feather Trac2 Razor Handle
Hanaford Supermarket Generic Cartridge
Barbasol Aloe Canned Shave Cream
Mennen Original Scent Skin Bracer

Feels BBS at the moment

Good choice in aftershave. That's what I used this morning.

Hardware: Gillette New w/Derby blade, Omega Professional Boar Brush, aka, Big Red, Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Mint Glycerin Preshave, KMF Cool Mint SC, witch hazel, Mennen Skin Bracer, SCS Dagger EDT, Corn Husker Lotion.

center​

June the month of Arlington and Menthol is here!!!​

Today I started this theme month with the famed Arlington:

Goodfella | Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Yellow) | B&B LE '08
D.R. Harris Arlington SS | D.R. Harris Arlington AS Milk
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne​

Merkur Barber Pole/Feather
Simpsons T4
Coates Tea Tree Tube
Thayers lavender Witch Hazel
Booster June Clover After Shave

I've been shaving with the DE for about a month and a half now. I went from nicking the hell out my face, to a few weepers, to a nice decent shave, which looked good, but could feel a little roughness.

Tonight things started to click and I was able to come out with a post shower BBS shave in 3 passes with only minor irritation.

Williams Soap
Simpsons Beaufort
Merkur HD
Red Pack Israeli Personna
Cold Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB

It's a good feeling when things start to click.

I've been shaving with the DE for about a month and a half now. I went from nicking the hell out my face, to a few weepers, to a nice decent shave, which looked good, but could feel a little roughness.

Tonight things started to click and I was able to come out with a post shower BBS shave in 3 passes with only minor irritation.

Williams Soap
Simpsons Beaufort
Merkur HD
Cold Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB

DC-Congrats on the BBS today! What are your impressions of the Beaufort? Which size are you using and what kind of job did it do with the Williams (current stock, I presume)?

Monday 05-31-10. I have changed the blade (7 O'clock yellow is not in the pic).

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson silvertip - Super Speed 40's style - 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Grey Flannel.

proxy.php

DC-Congrats on the BBS today! What are your impressions of the Beaufort? Which size are you using and what kind of job did it do with the Williams (current stock, I presume)?

Using the B1 size and have to say I like it. Using new Williams and it lathers like a king. I think the brush is well worth the $30 and that pure badger isn't nearly as lowly as some make it out to be. Sent you a pm with a bit more detail.

Memorial Day Shave:

Gold Aristocrat razor
Gillette Bleue Extra
Grandfather's brush (restored by Rudy)
Geo F. Trumper coconut cream (from the sampler)
Coral Skin Food (sampler)
Eucris cologne (sampler)

I save my grandfather's brush for special occasions but man, I forgot how awesome it is. Rudy put in a finest knot w/ extra hair from TGN. It has a little bit more loft so it works really well with creams. Like a big, warm bulb of goodness. So luxurious! I may have to start using it more often.

Williams Soap
Simpsons Beaufort
Merkur HD
Cold Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin ASB

Nice going sir..The best is just ahead....:biggrin1:

Kicking off June Arlington here as well:

Wee Scot
Arlington Soap
Dovo 5/8 Special
L'Oreal Balm
Arlington Cologne

proxy.php

Now I'm ready to attack the work week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom