What's new

🎃 👻 🦇 🎃 SOTD - “Halloween”Theme Week - October 24th, 2022 to October 30th, 2022 🎃 👻 🦇 🎃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about Halloween.

This week’s theme is easy peasy… we just want to see you showcase your Halloween Spirit and Halloween themed SOTD! Yes, I know that Halloween is NEXT Monday, but many of are decorating this week and are in Halloween mode, so incorporate Halloween into your SOTD posts!

We want to see pics that include Halloween costumes, candy, Jack O Lanterns, Halloween themed shaving brushes (looking at you @ChiefBroom from Paladin), themed soaps like B&M Hallows, etc… anything “Scary” would fit the bill.

Nothing SE themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of Halloween artistic representation this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your Halloween themed pics/posts! And the Scarier the better!

B03102A5-EDA7-4BD9-978F-E5DB2B300416.gif

EAD073DD-EDB5-4946-B5C7-811EEEEA4E03.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[Image: zMCLyac.jpg]

Razor: Colonial Razors The General Stainless Steel
Blade: Schick Proline (D1)
Brush: Oumo Compass Undercurrent 31mm Manchurian
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Hamada & Blue
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD SubZero
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Alt-Innsbruck

Mon 24
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Band Badger
Razor Pearl OC on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Bolzano Superinox 1st
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Fabulous lather from the soap has an aromatic refreshing scent...perfect for the morning. The brush and AS completed the perfect setup. This shave with the blade in the razor was really good too. Crisp and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish but also with 2 weepers...hmmm...
20221024_124024.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
FB1BD34D-F0B7-4F8B-ADE1-28A236C305E3.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Israel: Razor Blade Eddison Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

56B09148-E2D8-4EC6-A63C-A8850AE7A0DF.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving298/297
(100%)
GRUMEOut
OCtober21/31 (68%)
Tabactober13/31 (64%)

Passes3
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)
XTGGillette Slant & Slide
(W-E | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
8/10 (DFS)
8/10 (Two weepers)
8/10 (Smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41
Treet 7 days (2)Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
TGS Shibusa 2
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with remaining lather

In light of the SOTD theme I went with Tricky or Treet today. The Treet was pulling on the first pass and smoothed out during the next two.

The R41 is the master and commander of shaving and even with a blade like this it still delivered a smooth and soft shave. Not full blown BBS but very close.
Excellent shave!

Monday October 24, 2022. Samhain pronounced 'Sow When' which translated from Gaelic to English means Summers End. Samhain is an ancient Celtic Festival that marks the end of the harvest season. November 1st is the start of the new year but celebrations begin the evening of October 31st.
To celebrate, Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Soap and Aftershave will figure prominently in my shaving rituals this week. :)

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: AL13 Aggressive
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Capture.JPG

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 Super Badger
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Clinique for Men Anti-Age Moisturizer

Folks,

I forgot to mention in my original post that @Whiterook is running a Trick or Treet week as well So let’s see some Treet blades in both threads if you have them!

Pre-shave: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Le Père Lucien "Cedre - Patchouli"
Razor: 1938 Gillette Senator
Blade: Vintage NOS Hoffritz Solingen
Witch hazel: Pearlessence "Rose Water"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Nivea Men "Deep"
Face cream: Nivea Men "Creme"

2022-10-24.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Trick or Treet week, MMMonday, Daily Double, OCtober 24th 2022.

Razor : Gillette New long comb(Canadian variant) with a Yaqi orange brass chromed handle I won in a sale raffle, Mfg 1930's when Gillette's new blade design was introduced, mid range, works ok with no drama. This type of carbon blade was used when the first New Gillette razors where first introduced. Worked OK with no drama.
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC button less- Mfg 1930-32 for this model, upper mid range, built to last, mainly used today for my touch ups to see how my 1st experience with a carbon blade would be like. Very enjoyable different shave experience today.
Blade : Treet carbon blade(1) 1st use of a DE carbon blade in 5 years of shaving, sharp & smooth. Not sure on longevity yet.
Treet was part of the umbrella of companies that was part of the American Safety Razor Corporation and was sold off many years later because of market blade changes in the Western world.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. I like this soap slightly better than my Tabac soap . Great enjoyable thick rich excellent lather protection.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot :001_wub:, excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(carbon) + ATG(carbon) + pickups (Gem Stainless).
Post shave : Razorock King Louis AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + MMOC with a carbon Treet blade + a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20221023_085042.jpg

Razor: Treet Baton Handle, black with red cap
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Jayaruh #429 White Rook in two-band badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status