Wednesday's Shave 9.14.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Ern Ator
Nate Harris "Vadar" Silvertip
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo shave soap
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo aftershave

proxy.php

Have a Great day Gentlemen

Many thanks for your kind words Ron & Dave - and to all you fine gentlemen for the fantastic pictures - I hope you have a great Wednesday :thumbup:

SOTD 14 September 2016
Year 1 Week 7 Day 3

Pre: Home made Bay Rum Dope Oil
Brush: Omega S101
Razor: King 7/8
Blade:
Soap: Caties Bubbles La Rose du Mechant
AS: Denim Illusion / Saponificio Varesino Mango Butter

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

today,

- Dr.Jon's 1803
- Wolf Whiskers/Shavemac D01 2 Band
- Rotbart 15
- Rotbart Extra Dünn
- Dapper Dan Blue

proxy.php

I only have the Smolder pre-shave oil. Unlike the soap I think the fragrance of the oil is very prominent. I'm a little hard pressed to describe its fragrance other than it's a tobacco-y vanilla. It is one of my favorite aromas -- much more fragrant than any of my other pre-shaves oils. I don't know why I haven't picked up the aftershave. I need to rectify that very soon.

Snickerdoodle cookies was the first thing I thought of when I smelled the AS (first one I bought out of the line). I immediately went out and ordered the soap and pre-shave. The soap is an ok performer, and as you pointed out, the scent is subdued compared to the PS or AS. I would hesitate to use the soap with a SR, as I don't think it's as slick as it should be. It's a good performer for safety razors. Now that I've got more exposure to a wider variety of soaps and scents, it's not something I would purchase again. Stirling Barbershop is strangely close in scent profile, as well as being much more pronounced in strength.

9/14/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (5)
Shavex Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Nautica Blue
$SOTD9-14-16.jpg

Van Yulay - Soap Of The Gods Aquarius "Espresso"
Kent V8 (vintage)
RazoRock Wunderbar Slant | Triad Rolling Hex 316 Stainless
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum Black (2)

proxy.php

Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Reef Point-Peerless
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette 70’s “Spoiler” Super Stainless (5)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Reef Point Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Peerless today. 20 seconds to load the RR/Zenith Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” SS still in the Red Tip. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Wednesday

Pre-shave: AoS Peppermint Facial Scrub
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Witch Hazel /Alcolado Glacial Splash
Balm: Kiehl's Oil Eliminator

$SOTD_20160914.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: LioJuny Finest Badger
Lather: Tabac Shave Stick
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

SOTD, Wednesday, September 14th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
Williams Luxury shave cream
Ever-Ready badger brush
Bacchus 6/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Williams Aqua Velva aftershave + Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet cologne

proxy.php

Snickerdoodle cookies was the first thing I thought of when I smelled the AS (first one I bought out of the line). I immediately went out and ordered the soap and pre-shave. The soap is an ok performer, and as you pointed out, the scent is subdued compared to the PS or AS. I would hesitate to use the soap with a SR, as I don't think it's as slick as it should be. It's a good performer for safety razors. Now that I've got more exposure to a wider variety of soaps and scents, it's not something I would purchase again. Stirling Barbershop is strangely close in scent profile, as well as being much more pronounced in strength.

I completely agree on soap performance. I doubt I'd buy it again also. I have three other Blades Grim soaps. I'll give each a couple of chances and if they are no better I'll sell, or PIF, them. Interesting about the Stirling Barbershop, which I have never used. No disappointments with any Stirling soaps I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom