Not open for further replies.
7th OCtober Shave

$1007162117b~2.jpg

Razor: RR Old Type OC
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Stirling 26mm Finest
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
AS: Witchhazel / Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave / Nivea ASB

1st time with a Feather!! Went very well... surprised me. I did feel what I was using when I applied the aftershave:laugh:. A little more burn than usual.
All Stirling today... Great soap, great performance, awesome scent!!

Hope everybody is safe and has a good start to the weekend!!

FRIDAY SOTD ::::: October 7, 2016

Pre-shave Oil: A Stump Original
Cream: Sweyn Forkbeard Vanilla & Tobacco Leaf
Brush: Omega 10098 Professional boar 27mm
Razor: Pearl SHD-21G
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Post Splash: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
After Shave Balm: PAA Al Fin

Click here to view quoted image.

Click here to view quoted image.

Very nice Ron!! The scent sounds good... and I vote for the regular one :thumbup1:. Also like the look of the OC Pearl. May need to look into that one... getting used to OC now:laugh:

Very nice Ron!! The scent sounds good... and I vote for the regular one :thumbup1:. Also like the look of the OC Pearl. May need to look into that one... getting used to OC now:laugh:

The aroma of the cream/croap is fine but it's a devil to lather. This was my third use and I still couldn't get a decent lather. Less water, more product, and an extended lathering period all produced what looked to be a nice lather but it dissipated on the face and dissolved in the bowl to an airy, bubbly mixture. I'm going to give it another try before giving up. I have two other of the Sweyn Forkbeard creams. I hope at least one is better.

This was my first use of the Pearl. I know some people like the Pearl, saying it's a good razor so I decide to get one. I do like the handle so if it doesn't work out all is not lost (it fits well on my PAA DOC). It is a bit weighty and a little awkward but that is fine. I got a few weepers on the first pass but I attribute that to new razor adjustment, especially since I think it's a tad aggressive (and besides, it is an OC). I got a BBS but the alum sting let me know I need to work with the razor. I'm looking forward to my next couple of outings.

As I expected, Friday was a fine day for photographs and text posts. Thanks to all, gentlemen.

@alfredus - Love the rose tone.
@Mostho - Really nice bleeding tones lending a pervasive mood, Stefano. Great spot color on the Pinaud.
@skypsyd - That is a real celebratory shave, Dave! And one beautiful razor.
@Cha-wing!! - Certainly a refined shave, "scars" and all. Nice touch using the lace.
@Dagwoodz - Josh, does the Stirling have a lingering scent during the shave? Great album!
@UngerWoo - Fine subdued coloring.
@Cash_Stronomer - Engaging photo with excellent variegated color. Is that reflected clouds in the pool or an illusion?
@Rusty Blade - How do you like the soap's performance? I've never used it. I understand it has a tobaccoy scent.
@Tenergy - Looks like a good shave, Valeri. I imagine the Old Spice was a good splash for the Mike's soap.
@imcndn - Like your lineup. Lemon lime is always good.
@Bobcat - I'm glad to see the Wilkinson is still doing well, Bob. I'm keeping an eye out for any Light Brigade that show up.
@blexa - How stong is the peppermint/mint scent of this soap? I'm not too sure it's still available.
@witeq - Nicely presented. That is a fine looking shave.
@blzrfn - An eye-popping photo. Some really nice razors. Have you used them all? How was the Leresche?
@LoungeLizard - Like your setting for the photo.
@Theyack - Welcome. The gold is a great backdrop for your elements. Did you like the TSM Fougère? I have one coming.
@Tallapoc - Exceptional array. The Filomatic is a stunner.
@doc47 - Like the POV, Dan.
@eezee - How was the scent of the Haslinger? I plan on getting a couple of their soaps.
@Brewster - Welcome back. Nice closeup.
@azwetshaver - Lovely staging for the shot, Gabe.
@sarimento1 - Beautiful shot with some outstanding shave choices! Love your reflective technique at the bottom of the photo. Glad luck was on your side.
@ram57 - Your elegance comes through again! Like the subtle frame.
@Hanover - Very versatile bowl you have, Mark. The Ambroley brush looks very comfortable to hold.
@Noire - Love the gold and beige colors, nicely balance by the background.
@Quink - Sounds and looks like a great shave, JC. I figured the Feather would do fine. The Feather is usually a very smooth shave for me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and some great shaves. Good evening, gents.

Last edited:
Date: 08 October 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - Fatip with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - German Wilkinson Sword #4
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original) EDT

As I expected, Friday was a fine day for photographs and text posts. Thanks to all, gentlemen.

@Mostho - Really nice bleeding tones lending a pervasive mood, Stefano. Great spot color on the Pinaud.
@Cha-wing!! - Certainly a refined shave, "scars" and all. Nice touch using the lace.
@Dagwoodz - Josh, does the Stirling have a lingering scent during the shave? Great album!
@Cash_Stronomer - Engaging photo with excellent variegated color. Is that reflected clouds in the pool or an illusion?
@Rusty Blade - How do you like the soap's performance? I've never used it. I understand it has a tobaccoy scent.
@Tenergy - Looks like a good shave, Valeri. I imagine the Old Spice was a good splash for the Mike's soap.
@Bobcat - I'm glad to see the Wilkinson is still doing well, Bob. I'm keeping an eye out for any Light Brigade that show up.
@blexa - How stong is the peppermint/mint scent of this soap? I'm not too sure it's still available.
@blzrfn - An eye-popping photo. Some really nice razors. Have you used them all? How was the Leresche?
@Theyack - Welcome. The gold is a great backdrop for your elements. Did you like the TSM Fougère? I have one coming.
@eezee - How was the scent of the Haslinger? I plan on getting a couple of their soaps.
@sarimento1 - Beautiful shot with some outstanding shave choices! Love your reflective technique at the bottom of the photo. Glad luck was on your side.
@Hanover - Very versatile bowl you have, Mark. The Ambroley brush looks very comfortable to hold.
@Quink - Sounds and looks like a great shave, JC. I figured the Feather would do fine. The Feather is usually a very smooth shave for me.

Thanks Ron!!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
SOTD for OCtober 8th
Neutrogena Razor Defense
Canadian Big Boy DeLuxe
Astra SP
Razorock Monster
"The Galleon" by The Holy Black
Alum
Thayer's Alcohol Free
"The Galleon" A/S
proxy.php

The Big Green Monster is a great spring / summer soap with peppermint, Basilkum & it gets a little lime a slightly cooling fresh effect without addition of menthol.
When opening the soap is a very wonderful fresh fragrance .I find the soap with respect to the slip / care properties on a level with the other Dr Jon's. Simply delicious!

Fantastic pictures gentlemen - thank you and also many thanks to Ron & Dave for your kind words - wishing you all a great Saturday :thumbup:

Thank you kindly, Ron! ☺️

Ron, this is a very nice croap...not a soap really, it is quite soft in the jar. Scent is hard to describe...tobacco, eucalyptus. A warm scent...quite pleasant. Great lather. I go for long periods of time without using it and then I seem to use it for many days in a row like lately.
btw... You are doing a great job nurturing the SOTD thread! Thanks.

SOTD - Saturday, 8 October, 2016 - Stirling Gentleman

Prep: hot shower, Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub
Pre-shave: Baume.be Pre-shave Gel, hot towel
Razor: ’55 Gillette SuperSpeed Blue Tip
Blade: Personna Blue Lab (4)
Soap: Stirling Gentleman
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: The Shaving Place mountain blue lather bowl
Post-shave: alum, cold towel, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Stirling Gentleman
Fragrance: Hot Water by Davidoff
Album of the Day: Muse - Absolution
Song of the Day: The Small Print
$SOTD20161008.jpg
Great start to the weekend everyone!

That brush really isn't too bad Ron. It shed like crazy though as I suspect most low end knots do. The handle is on the smaller side and makes for a nice travel size.:001_smile

SOTD 10/8/16

Soap: SV Cosmo
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: Thiers Issard 5/8 Evide Sonnant
Osma alum block
AS: SV Cosmo

$image.jpg

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (7)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith High Mountain White-24mmx57mm
Aftershave: Stirling Gentleman

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling MITA today. 20 seconds to load RR/Zenith HMW. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade in the NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Gentleman aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

today,

- PannaCrema - Vetiver
- Wolf Whiskers/Shavemac D01 2Band
- The Claymore SE
- Feather Professional
- Dapper Dan - Blue

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom