3 P Pre/Post Shave
Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Booster June Clover After Shave Lotion

IMG_0975.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 11th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Sentinel SSP head with a Yaqi tear drop 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2022>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade and technique used. Excellent machining and finish QC. A person can accomplish some very nice shaves with out cuts or irritation with a shallow angle(riding the cap) I have found, steep angle shaving works with a Kai SS extra wide blade reasonably well also.
Had a nice close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) Sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier in my shave den.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green", a very nice natural scent that is addictive to want to use for myself + excellent lather qualities and post shave feel. Master soap creations of S.A where commissioned to create soap and fragrances for the Yaqi brand.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very nice eye appealing handle with a decent boar knot for my shaving needs IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Sentinel razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240510_085729.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Gold New Standard Set
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Quartz Vein, Shavemac Finest
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

SOTD "Free Week" May 6th to May 12th

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Semogue Saturdays!

SV Saturday

Hello friends

Beautiful Saturday around here! I chose what I think is the soap with the quintessential modern barbershop scent: SV Manna di Sicilia, which pairs perfectly with the classic barbershop scent of Floïd The Genuine. Greencult 2.0 plate IV, the gap and high exposure razor I became physically dependent on. Gillette Platinum Light Blue (1) is stupendous with it. And crowning the event was my favorite brush: the might Pegasus Mistura.

With us, my friend Stanley Turrentine.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

EC385062-C371-4E69-80CC-765B50A4C9CE.jpeg
IMG_6898.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
20240509_164842.jpg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Schick Injector (D7)
Brush: 2011 Semogue Finest Badger 2
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Single Blade Cypress and Vetyver
Shave Soap: Black Mtn Shaving\Murphy McNeil DFS Horizons
Balm: Proraso Single Blade Cypress and Vetyver
Aftershave: DFS Horizons

Sun 12
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Superbly creamy & slick lather from the soap combined with the long-ignored brush...
The razor provided a satisfyingly smooth shave after stroping on the roo leather...
20240512_131502.jpg

SOTD: 12th May 2024.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Bulldog Original ASB./Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP

Greetings,

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the Aloe Vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1680.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Palmolive Shave Stick.
3) England: Razor 1950’s Gillette Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Thailand: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Refreshing Facial Toner.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Escape For Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom