What's new

🤠 🌵 👢 👨‍🌾 “SOTD - Western Theme Week” November 6th to 12th, 2023 🐴🪕⛺️ 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow B&Bers!

This new SOTD Theme Week has a Western twist…

Many of us may not be Wild West aficionados or live in the American west, but this theme can be fun for all!

Let’s see anything “Western” related. Even toasted western sandwich or hotel key from a Best Western hotel would work! A pic of your great great grandmother with Billy the Kid, a cowboy hat or boots would be acceptable as well. How about a pic with your SOTD and a cactus? Campsite on the range? Lovely! Your old Merle Haggard record (or 8 track) collection would be outstanding!

There are western themed soaps, aftershaves and fragrances as well! Have an old Avon cowboy boot cologne bottle? Perfect. An old Daisy pellet gun? Sure! Have some fun with it! How about a gold nugget you panned from the Yuba river or in Northern Canada or New Zealand? We won’t likely believe you, but try us!

And if you don’t have anything Western themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see some cool western themed shots this week, pardner!

1699197559716.jpeg

697F3FB6-1E8D-4302-8A75-DD2C531D1B72.png

050A65A7-4641-41A2-9A6D-30B209BDBC83.png

8F4002EA-112F-4707-AE7D-42420262B026.png

1699198381696.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231105_103027.jpg

Razor: Joris Palladium
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Neumann Absolute Zero
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

Mon 6
Soap & Aftershave PAA Astra Planeta & Clubman Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor & Blade Edwin Jagger DE89L + American Shave Platinum
New Soap & AS. 1st experience with a CK6 base. The lather was easily whip-up into a richly creamy and slick...the scent...mmm. OTH, this is a splash I've been wanting for a long time and it did not disappoint...smelling wonderful but did not last...The razor paired with the blade was a perfect combo providing an effortlessly smooth and comfortable shave...
20231106_104046.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.55 SS with WRH1 handle SS
Blade: Gillette Light Blue Platinum (1)
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 26mm knot, 58 mm loft, Blue Marble
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Hags Darkside (Donkey Milk Base)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport (decanted in glass bottle), Duke Cannon Aftershave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Well this was refreshing shave.

I have not used the WR2 1.55 in a while, again reminded of how much I enjoy this razor.

The Gillette Light Blue Plantiums, really an enjoyable blade, really like them.

The Shavemac Silvertip D01, first time using it and I enjoyed it. Being a silvertip and with the loft size, I did not expect it to have that much backbone but it had enough, it was a comfortable brush to use, love the bloom on it, just a wall of a badger especially when you splay, just awesome!

PAA The Cube always does its job well.

The Hags Darkside soap always a great soap to use. It always seems that it needs a tad more water to get going but once it does its performs great and the post shave feel is fantastic.

The Aqua Velva Ice sport, lovely scent, enjoyed it quite a bit overall, decanted into a glass bottle, don't like aftershaves in plastic bottles, even if they come that way. Duke's cannon hit the spot, a plesant overall cooling affect.

My 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG with some more touch up after leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

Very enjoyable shave.

20231105_200249.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8308.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Racer Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
9) Australia: Deodorant Nivea Men Black and White Invisible Fresh + Antibacterial.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac Knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave in a row with the ATT S-1 and Wizamet blade. Another shave that was close and smooth. The MdC jar of soap is on its 276th shave. Not too many shaves left with this wonderful soap. Today’s brush is a custom one made by Rudy Vey. He set a 28mm Shvemac knot in a keyhole handle. I like large brushes and this one fits the bill. A nice BBS shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Short Comb New
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic/Stirling Unscented ASL
Balm: Jason Moisturizing Gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom