Blade: Timor (2)
Brush: Frank 4G
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Lather: Stirling Agar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel - Stirling Mediterranean Man

IMG_3168.jpeg

I had to rush a little but still a comfortable, worry-free DFS

Sample Saturday Shave Salutations

Just received a sample pack from Apex Alchemy Soaps and what a BANGER. Gren River is a trubute to a Lime Drink enjoyed around St. Patty Day in Chicago. Light Lime scent with other citrus notes.
Very nice face feel and left a mean after rinse slickness. The new Semogue brush whipped a wonderful three pass lather off a sample load.

STAR Razor w/ Black Bakelite Handle
GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade (2X)
Apex Alchemy Gren River Shave Soap Sample
Semogue Torga C5 Onyx Synthetic Brush
Myrsol Agua de Limon Splash
Apex Alchemy Gren River Aftershave Sample

B2484CB8-55E7-4ECD-9F3C-00C0D299B9E9-compressed.jpeg

On YouTube look for Subie Shaves. He does a lot of hacks for old razors with modern blades. Look for his hacks on the Christy Razor as it definitely resembles the Enders. Because they load and cap a bit differently you will have to adapt a bit of his hack to have the blade seat correctly. It involves trimming the end tabs a bit and making the DE blade fit into the size of the original Enders blades. I have some old Enders blades and use them as a template for correct length and width. Sorry for the lousy pictures. Here is an original Enders blade and a cut down Feather DE. I also use a little strip of tape on one side to stabilize the DE blade and make it thicker. The tape helps to stick the blade to the flat part of the Enders and keep it in place as you attempt to put the cap on. Understand that they are a pain to load. But once you have one in it will last a few shaves. Also the angle of this razor is different than any of my other SEs. I have to continually remind myself of angle while shaving.

View attachment 1782666View attachment 1782667
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom