What's new

SOTD "Free Week" January 15 to 24, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 21st January 2024.

f.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap+Cussons Imperial Leather Bar Soap+Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9697.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Palmolive.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Big Ben Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Moisturiser Gillette Pro Skin Hydrating Aftershave Moisturiser.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sunday, January 21, 2024.

Floïd oil pre shave. Los jabones de Joserra: Viriato, Shaving soap. Carlos Rufivk, CRV, Two-bands badger, ebony and blood red resin handle, special edition SCNH 2018 forum. Drew Dick, Damascus steel formed with 40 layers that shelter a 01 steel blade, half hollow, 7/8, Spanish tip, purple heartwoid scales. Dior, Fahrenheit: Lotion, balm aftershave & EdT.

IMG_6590.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Personna Medical Prep.
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second my RR Stealth Rasor loaded with a Personna Medical Prep. Blade. Like yesterday’s shave with this combination, the shave today was excellent: Smooth and close. I am using one of the Today I am using the only Manchurian I have: by Zenith. I have had this brush for only two years and I love it. It holds an incredible amount of lather. The Williams soap was used for the 46th time. Have a great day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday shave, January 21, 2024

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC with a Yaqi Milano 316 SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Small head parts make for a nimble razor to work the beard area well. Very enjoyable and 95%> of the time I receive excellent shaves. Very affordable razor head but blades are pricy IMO. Had a excellent close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p 30(1) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice clean unique XXX scent with some menthol + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm G4 knot synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very similar face feel to my 3band silvertip badgers IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline blade.
5SOTD Januray 21 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Lather Catcher & Sample Sunday Celebration

The first pass was a bit rough. Didn't have the angle of the blade quite right. Flipped the blade and adjusted it a bit on the second pass and that's all it took. It does need a shim behind the blade at the top to force the angle downwards towards the stops and the open comb. Having never shaved with one of these before and this being only my second attempt it turned out pretty good. Dried down to a nice BBS.

Star Lather Catcher (1902-ish)
GEM SS PTFE Blade (1X)
Apex Alchemy To The Moon Soap Sample
AP ShaveCo 22mm MIG Brush
Williams Aqua Velva Splash
AA To The Moon Aftershave Sample

F9729390-7D58-4160-839B-B4F0AF370EA8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom