What's new

SOTD February 28th, 2011 through March 6th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the 4711 in the mail, looking forward to giving it a try.
proxy.php

Vintage Merkur
7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Knotty Badger Best
Wars cream
4711 Aftershave and Cologne

Hot shower / CF Preshave
Corvette vintage soap
B&B LE '08
39c Slant w/Feather - d1
WWR / CWR
Emerald Water splash
Purrfumery.com - Fir-Ever Young

proxy.php

CV Heljestrand MK No 32 - Semogue LE Boar 2009 - AOS Sandalwood - NancyBoy

After a year, by the overwhelmingly kind graces of one of our esteemed SRP brothers, this razor is now back in my rotation. I wiped the edge on glass, rehoned it without tape using the nagura progression and this razor is now far smoother than I could have imagined. What a joy! Thank you John!​

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Chubby #2, Super Badger
Razor: 15/16" Filarmonica DT 14, Hollow, Spike Point (Pistachio scales)
Strop: 50/55 (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Creme + Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: NancyBoy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer
proxy.php

After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Cologne: Acca Kappa "1869" EdC
Results: A SENSATIONAL Shave today with this combination of hardware/software
proxy.php
. Whereas the Chubby 2 made an amazing überlather out of this Acca Kappa duo, the Filarmonica was an absolute delight to use this AM. She was touched up last night on the Asagi, during the Oscars. A fabulous and moisturizing prep and after 3 effortless passes, I was pleasantly greeted to a BBS and smooth skin. I could not believe what I was witnessing in front of my eyes
proxy.php
- 3 days of "rough" growth wiped away at the snap of a finger. All this with absolutely zero irritation or redness. Today's shave is a testament as to why Filarmonicas are so highly regarded and praised for. For those of you that own of of these beauties, congratulations
proxy.php
. Cherish and enjoy it. For those who don't, get one. You will not regret it.

proxy.php

Have a SUPERB start of the week guys
proxy.php

Oh man, I'm actually digging the pistachio scales! The DT 14 is one great shaver. I recently upgraded from my 13, but my 14 has plain off-white scales. Great picture :thumbup1:

Oh man, I'm actually digging the pistachio scales! The DT 14 is one great shaver. I recently upgraded from my 13, but my 14 has plain off-white scales. Great picture :thumbup1:

Thanks Joe :001_smile...I have an exact duplicate in off white scales (has some pinkish hues in it), which is on loan. That one will need a touch up when I get her back. I love my Filis.

SOTD Monday February 28, 2011

GEM Micromatic, Clog Pruf
GEM Personna Stainless
La Toja Shaving Cream
Omega Boar
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Results: Slick, comfortable and wonderfully scented.

This morning I thought; "This GEM MM has to be one of the best razors ever made" but, I notice that I say that about a lot of razors. I guess that is why I enjoy a variety of razors such as DE's, SE's and straights and like to mix them up. It's like having a great new shaving experience every day. The GEM MM Clog Pruf that I used this morning was identical to my first razor I used back when I was 17. It was my Dad's and he got a new 1959 Fat Boy and put the GEM MM in the cabinet. When I saw my first beard appear, (4 whiskers at least) lol I asked him if I could have the GEM MM and he gave it to me. Although the original one was lost in the throws of life, I found this one (exactly like the one my Dad gave me, box and all) on the bay and I had to have it. (along with a 1959 Fat Boy like my Dad's as well) Vintage razors don't just shave your beard, they connect you with the past and some of the fond memories of those that have gone before you. :001_cool:

Monday:

Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Best Badger (no-name_
Cream: Arko Maximum Comfort
ASB: Arko Extra Sensitive
A/S: Ivy Club Spice

EdC: Old Spice

:thumbup1:

Simpson Colonel X2L Best
Martin de Candre
Merkur 38C "The Barber Pole"
Shark Super Chrome
Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

proxy.php

A lovely start to the week. Thanks Marco

Monday

Musik
Diana Krall - Live In Paris

Hadware
Bukhave Scuttle
Victoria Silvertip
Korff & Honsberg 7/8" - "Dos Angelitos"

Software
Nanny's Tea Tree & Eucalyptus soap
Proraso Menthol cream
Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur After Shave Lotion

I got a honing advise/tip from life2short1971 yesterday, and curious as I am, I had to try it, so same blade as yesterday.
The tip worked like a charm, the blade was silky smooth :biggrin1:

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Beautiful Soren!

proxy.php

Livi | CarrieM BRV Uberlather | Vulfix Silvertip | Thayers Rose | CarrieM ASM | Lorenzo Villoresi Sandolo

This weekend I found a pleasant surprise in the mail - a puck of CarrieM's Black Raspberry Vanilla soap to match my BRV cream. With fortune smiling upon me, what was I to do, but to whip up some uberlather with the bookmatched software. That smell is intoxicating and the lather the combination created left me with but one delimma: do I shave with it or eat it? I opted for the former, and I must say it was a wise choice. The Livi glided effortlessly through the whiskers leaving me BBS and my face moist.

It was a great way to start the week. Thank you everyone for all your contributions to this thread!​

Certainly looks good enough to eat Bill :thumbup1:

Razor: 7/8 Joseph Elliot
Lather: MWF + CO Bigelow
Brush: B&B Essential
Aftershave: RazoRock / Thayers / RSC Balm
Cologne: Old Spice Classic

proxy.php

Nice work Slim! Lookin' good.

Talking Heads. (Same As It Ever Was) :thumbup:

Awesome start to Monday guys. Well done :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you, kind sir.

Vitos // MerkurHD/Iridium Super // Vielong A.C // Thayers // TOBS Luxury

proxy.php

Superb Luis. Gracias

Monday February 28th

Nice stuff Mike. Thank you

Monday, 02-28-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Astra Superior Platinum #2 - Pre 3P - Palmolive stick in a puck shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd + ASL Yardley Gold Ice.

proxy.php

Very nice start to the week. Thanks

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Chubby #2, Super Badger
Razor: 15/16" Filarmonica DT 14, Hollow, Spike Point (Pistachio scales)
Strop: 50/55 (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Creme + Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: NancyBoy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer
proxy.php

After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
Cologne: Acca Kappa "1869" EdC
Results: A SENSATIONAL Shave today with this combination of hardware/software
proxy.php
. Whereas the Chubby 2 made an amazing überlather out of this Acca Kappa duo, the Filarmonica was an absolute delight to use this AM. She was touched up last night on the Asagi, during the Oscars. A fabulous and moisturizing prep and after 3 effortless passes, I was pleasantly greeted to a BBS and smooth skin. I could not believe what I was witnessing in front of my eyes
proxy.php
- 3 days of "rough" growth wiped away at the snap of a finger. All this with absolutely zero irritation or redness. Today's shave is a testament as to why Filarmonicas are so highly regarded and praised for. For those of you that own of of these beauties, congratulations
proxy.php
. Cherish and enjoy it. For those who don't, get one. You will not regret it.

proxy.php

Have a SUPERB start of the week guys
proxy.php

Very special- thanks Robert

Pre Proraso // Mug "barbero" // Vie-Long AC // GEO. F. TRUMPER EUCRIS // SEGAL + BIC#2 //
Alum Toni´s way // Thayers original // Sul filo del rasoio.

proxy.php

Superb!

I just got the 4711 in the mail, looking forward to giving it a try.
proxy.php

Vintage Merkur
7 O'clock Sharp Edge
Knotty Badger Best
Wars cream
4711 Aftershave and Cologne

Well done! 4711 always makes me think of summer- I hope that you enjoy it.

proxy.php

CV Heljestrand MK No 32 - Semogue LE Boar 2009 - AOS Sandalwood - NancyBoy

After a year, by the overwhelmingly kind graces of one of our esteemed SRP brothers, this razor is now back in my rotation. I wiped the edge on glass, rehoned it without tape using the nagura progression and this razor is now far smoother than I could have imagined. What a joy! Thank you John!​

Beautiful stuff.

SOTD Monday February 28, 2011

GEM Micromatic, Clog Pruf
GEM Personna Stainless
La Toja Shaving Cream
Omega Boar
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Results: Slick, comfortable and wonderfully scented.

This morning I thought; "This GEM MM has to be one of the best razors ever made" but, I notice that I say that about a lot of razors. I guess that is why I enjoy a variety of razors such as DE's, SE's and straights and like to mix them up. It's like having a great new shaving experience every day. The GEM MM Clog Pruf that I used this morning was identical to my first razor I used back when I was 17. It was my Dad's and he got a new 1959 Fat Boy and put the GEM MM in the cabinet. When I saw my first beard appear, (4 whiskers at least) lol I asked him if I could have the GEM MM and he gave it to me. Although the original one was lost in the throws of life, I found this one (exactly like the one my Dad gave me, box and all) on the bay and I had to have it. (along with a 1959 Fat Boy like my Dad's as well) Vintage razors don't just shave your beard, they connect you with the past and some of the fond memories of those that have gone before you. :001_cool:

Very nice Bruce. Thanks.

maher and grosh 6/8

Hoss

What a wonderful first post! Welcome to B+B and thanks for sharing.

Made a lightbox today, need some better lamps, but pretty satisfied with the result.

Duke 2

E.A. Berg 5/8

MWF

Alt Innsbruck

proxy.php

Back from another glorious shave!

The usual:

EJ89L
Feather (2)
Body Shop synthetic brush
Acca Kappa 1869 cream (tub)
Thayer's rose petal witch hazel

I made two passes (with the grain, then against). On the against-the-grain pass on my neck, I thought I had goofed up the angle, as I didn't feel the blade. But my face was smooth. I may be AK 1869's biggest fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom