What's new

SOTD - December 11th - December 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Evening" Shave for me.
...trying a new routine for the holidays !

==============================

Omega 6212 Elegant Brush
SS + Derby (#2S - 4P)
Proraso cream Pre-Rub
Proraso Cream + some MB Rosemary Mint soap for shave
Aqua Velva AS
Melaleuca Alloy ASB
Guerlain Vetiver EdT

Tuesday

Schick Krona DE
Derby Extra
MP SilverTip
Body Shop Shaving Cream

ACO AfterShave Splash

First out with the Shick, good shave but not exellent, The BodyShop cream was nice.. Great Lather!

Nancy Boy Day!!!! :shaving: :em2100: :em2200: :em2400:

NB shampoo, conditioner & face wash in the shower

Slant w/ Feather (Day 2)
NB pre-shave oil, shaving creme and A/S gel

NB hair gel

Realm EDT

I was still pretty smooth from yesterday's shave so today was a one-pass with a touch-up run. I'm feeling pretty good after all that rosemary and mint! :biggrin:

Omega brush
Merkur Progress
Williams shaving soap
St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer
Tabac aftershave

again, I was pleasantly surprised with the nice, rich lather the Williams soap gave me. I think this puck might stay in the mug and not wind up in the shower! :smile:

Jeff

AOS Lavender
HD - Feather Day 3
Coral Skin Food
Da Vinci Water
Alum Block
3 passes
CADE Splash

Finally back to my full shaving routine and my face feels great! :biggrin:

Hot shower
Conditioner on beard area
SR 3124
Merkur HD w/Summa Stainless Steel blade (Day 3)
C&E Sweet Almond Oil cream
Alum
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel
Proraso Liquid A/S balm
SCS New Spice EdT

Nice and smooth this morning... I like all 3 of the C&E scents, and the girl at the C&E store in Columbus told me that they're coming out with 2 new scents in February for Men -- a limes-based scent and a scent called "Rugby" -- whatever that's supposed to smell like. :confused1

Can't wait for my C&E Super brush to arrive. I think it's time to dump my two Vulfix brushes (starter brushes) -- just too floppy for me.

proraso pre- hot shower

Dovo straight/Tony's paddle strop
Erasmic soap bowl
Muhle SB
Aristocrat silver Gillette/fresh 7am
Alex classic a/s
Anherb a/s conditioner
QED 101 EDT

this time was better stropping went smoother, I had more balls to use a bit more pressure nice did a full pass on one cheek then had to switch hands for the left cheek then chickend out feels way odd ! and I cant really see what im doing my hand is in the way I guess I need to buy a real shave mirror so I can move the mirror. all in all much better but a long road ahead.
Oh the Erasmic soap is GOLD it looks like a puck of Wilkinson but oh boy

hot shower and towel
Proraso pre
Vulfix 2236
Taylor's Rose
Gillette FatBoy w/Swedish Gillette
Coral Skin Food Rose
Penhaligon Endymion

Raf

M

modern man

Merkur HD
Feather
AoS Genuine Badger
Cotes Tea Tree
Mr. Taylor AS Splash

Ok the Cotes made a real good lather in the bowl but not so good on the face, not to much comfort for me. The scent well I guess Tea Tree is an acquired taste (anyone like it?).

Mr. Taylor not bad burned a little but went away and my face got a nice tone. The sent was present but I don’t see buying this in bulk. It safe to say I prefer the balms over the splashes.

Not a great shave today but you can’t get BBS all the time (can you?). All and all I am still happy with the results not the greatest but my face still feels good.

Trader Joe
So I take it C&E is an acquired taste as well, you are right about the AoS Sandalwood, I just don’t think I want to put all that money down on another bottle

Ok the Cotes mad a real good lather in the bowl but not so good on the face, not to much comfort for me. The scent well I guess Tea Tree is an acquired taste (anyone like it?).

I love it and have not had an issue getting good lather on the face. I usually start with a teaspoon of hot water in my scuttle and move up from there in very light amounts. I've also found pumping the brush while lathering works very well.

Shower: Provence Sante vetyver bar, Nancy Boy shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Merkur slantbar with IP blade
Simpson PJ1 best
QED "not for the faint of heart" vetiver shave stick
Proraso splash
L'Occitane CADE ASB

L'Occitane Vetyver EdT
full

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Omega 6215
'59 Fat Boy w/IP
AOS lemon cream
QED lemon verbena toner
GFT lime skin food
Taylor #74 Victorian lime cologne

tuesday - the "grab whatever catches my eye first" shave

baxter scrub
thomas anthony brush
futur w/derby
mama bear shave soap - cabin in the woods
coral skin food
st. charles new spice edt

s~s

SR 104
G. Tech
IP
Aleppo OOCube + US Palmolive Lather cream :thumbup1: *
T.N.D. WH
eShave Cucumber ASB
Pinaud Musk ASL

*There was so much Lather, it was literally flying all over the place :biggrin:

Didn't work yesterday so I didn't shave.

Tuesday:

Merkur HD w/Derby
SR 3124
QED Wild Orange Soap
Thayer's Rose WH
QEDMan ASB

Merkur Classic Long Handle
Can't remember the blade
West Indian Limes via T&H
C&E Pure Badger Travel
Alum
Baxter of California ASB
Inis Spray Cologne

The Classic ain't no toy. Man it wants to cut whiskers and do it now! Curious to see what it will be like to go back to the Slim. :scared:

'48 Gillette SS-Derby
C&E Best Badger
Proraso Pre
eShave Cucumber SC
Thayers Rose WH
eShave Cucumber ASB
Pecksniff's Fougere

I think someone else mentioned that this had more of a cooked cucumber smell, not the crisp clean scent which I prefer. Worked well...but the scent was eh. I won't be purchasing this one..but the white tea is a keeper. Curious to smell the floral. Luckily there is a kiosk for shavingcream.com at a local mall. I hope they have the whole range to sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom