What's new

๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ SOTD โ€œAnimal Weekโ€ April 29th to May 5th, 2024 ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only animal this time is the badger as I wasn't aware of the theme when I shaved yesterday.

btrsctch marble.jpg
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
B&B Essential Boar, Sue Version
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2, SB-1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with the Wolfman WR2 with a Personna Lab blade. This razor-blade combination resulted in a nice, close, smooth shave. I am continuing to use the Haslinger Sandalwood Soap, the tallow formula. This is the second use of the soap. The lather was slick and did its job. Todayโ€™s brush is a boar: the B&B Essential Boar, Sue Version. A perfect shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.
ย 
Tuesday Morning Tonsure Tussle

Little GEM Junior is pretty beat up but it's one of my favorite and best shaving GEM Razors.
Always a Great shave with a fine Soap from Strike Gold Shave. Resurrected the Horn Handle Brush
from Storage. It sheds like a Golden Retriever but it's like a cushion on the face.

GEM Junior Razor
GEM Stainless Blade (1X)
Strike Gold Shave Nostalgia
The Holy Black Horn Handle Badger
Citrus Musk Slash On
Nostalgia Aftershave

C507A752-1502-4561-B232-2187CA82626C-compressed.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tuesday, April 30th 2024

Razor : Gem 1912 Damaskenne OC, MFG 1912-15, mild to tame mid range. Excellent design and stamping technology for that time period. Very enjoyable old razor to use that will compete with almost any razor for my desired results at the end of a shave. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose. Nice rose scented 7/10 strength with excellent lather qualities. Great creams CRS makes.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka express: 26mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber(RR) Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD April 30 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves
ย 
April 30, 2024 Tuesday shave, complete with an otter, badger, rabbit and snake!

Razor: 1953 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

Just in time for the end of Vintage April, today's shave featured a lovely Super Speed. I haven't used a vintage razor in quite some time, and found it to be surprisingly mild and pleasant. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_30_24.jpg
ย 
20240429_084133.jpg

Razor: Schick Eversharp Eagle double edged razor
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Brown Bess Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented