A wash and a hot towel prep followed by,
Proraso pre/post,
Ingrams Cream,
Merkur HD and fresh Swedish Gillette,
2 passes: WTG, XTG,
Rinse and Alum,
Rinse and Witch Hazel,
Proraso ASB.

I did have a goatee but I have a new teaching gig on the horizon. If I get it, the clients like to see beardless teachers. Goatee area a bit tender as not shaved for many, many years. Going gently.

That picture is great. It looks like a labor of love. The lighting with the candly is amazing. The other picture from the other poster with the water particles on everything is pretty cool too.

I hope I don't get booted out for admitting that I used my Gillete Fushion and Mach 3 shave gel this morning. :out: I have been doing tons of research on proper wetshaving and will be getting a Proraso brush and cream the next time I get to the big city (I live in the boonies) and I plan to order a Merkur HD at the beginning of March, so I won't be using the crude instruments I have now for much longer. :shaving: I did make sure to open my pores with hot water and tried to keep a light layer of gel mixed with lots of hot water on my face while I shaved. Like I said, I plan to have some real equipment soon. I've been finding everyone's posts very educational and useful.:thumbup1:

'59 Fatboy with IP (day 4)
C&E BBB
Tabac SS
Alum
Thayer's Rose WH
Pinaud Clubman AS
Floris Vetyver EDT

First time trying the fatboy. I picked it up on wednesday at an antique store in new orleans for 6 bucks...cleaned it up...noticed that the blade was slightly slanted (seemed closer to the comb on one side than the other)...did a little research here and a little bending and while it still isn't perfectly straight, the shave was PERFECT...no nicks/cuts/irritation! I will call this my fatboy slant! One side does seem better than the other looks-wise, but the shave was all around GREAT. Am looking forward to trying the bluetipped '59 SS I got at the same shop (also for 6 bucks).

Friday:

Gillette Slim Adjustable
American Personna
T&H Trafalgar cream
Thayer's Rose WH
Citrocol AS
Em's Lime Soother
Royall Lime All Purpose Lotion (Cologne)

It was a Limey day. I can't explain it based on the reviews I have read but I really like the AP (American Personna) blades. I got those in a 10 pack at Wal Mart for $1.34 and I am on blade 8 of 10!

Merkur 1904 w/personna blade
SR208 brush
Proraso cream
Proraso after shave milk.

Its been quite a few months since I used the sr208. I forgot how much I like this brush, very close to my perfect brush. I few swirls in a mug and lathering the rest on the face. It was the best shave in a few days.

A quick shave today :

Bic metal (2 passes)
Lush ambrosia SC
Nivea Sensitive skin Balm (great product)
Diptyque Tam Dao

Have a good WE everybody:thumbup1:

Friday:

Vulfix Lavender cream
Polo 8 best
Merkur HD
Gillette bleue extra blade
alum block
Harris AS milk
Coral skin food

Saturday:

Taylor St-James cream
PJ 2 best
Merkur HD
Gillette bleue extra blade
Floïd Blue AS
Limes skin food

1920's Gillette Bostonian Razor
Derby Extra Blade
Merkur Best Badger
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Penhaligon's Endymion EdT

SOTD Rating 8.999/10 ...Lazy Sunday Shave :20: ...

David

PS: Amid a few of my wife's huge Swarovski Crystal collection ...she likes shiny pretty things too :thumbup1:

Gillette Gold Aristcrat
Wilkinson Sword Blade (English made, not crappy German)
Kent BK12
Kent/Mitchells Shaving soap
Woods of Windsor A/S
Woods of Windsor EDT in a small atomiser in my pocket for the rest of the day

The Kent BK12 produces so much wonderful lather, I love weekends when you can just take your time!:001_tt1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot shower
Proraso Pre/Post in shower
B&B Silvertip Horn
'63 Slim Adjustable w/Feather blade (Day 2)
Nancy Boy Signature cream
Alum
QEDman DaVinci water
DR Harris Sandalwood A/S splash
Nancy Boy Cooling A/S gel
Floris Sandalwood EdT

Forgot how nice the Nancy Boy signature is... I'm not crazy about their replenishing cream (cucumber) but the signature cream is good to go.

Ho. Lee. Crap.

If the B&B Standard Silvertip is THIS soft and luxurious, I can't even begin to imagine what the Finest Silvertip is going to be like. This was my first go with the B&B brush... I got the Standard Horn and Finest Ebony.. still waiting on the Ebony.

I've never had a brush hug my face like this B&B!!! :yinyang: :yinyang: Talk about soft and supple.... I don't know if it's overstuffed 20% or whatever, and it stinks like a wet animal (go figure) but the performance is easily the most amazing lathering machine I've ever used... including my SR 3124, SMF I brush, etc.

WOW. :thumbup1: :w00t:

Simpsons Chubby 2 super
Taylor OBS St. James cream
Gillettel Sensor Excel
Thayer's witch hazel ("aftershave" version)
The Gentlemens Refinery ASB
Creed Millesime Imperiale

Merkur HD w/ Swedish Gillette (1st day)
AOS Sandalwood SC
Thayers WH
AOS Lavender ASB

Overall: 7/10

After using Feathers strictly for the past few weeks I forgot how dull other blades are, after 3 passes with the Swedish Gillette I actually wondered if the blade fell out mid shave, cause after my ATG pass my face looked like I had a days old beard :confused:

Took 4 passes + touch ups on my face to get BBS, 5 passes + touch ups on my neck and I still have stubble on a lot of areas. One thing though, these blades are incredibly forgiving, I didn't notice any blood today, didn't bother using styptic for the first time since I bought it, and I was really leisurely after my 3rd pass :001_rolle

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at sink:

EJ B&B Ebony Razor
IP (2nd Day)
SR 3226
Proraso pre post
ToBS Avocado s/c
warm water rinse
touch up with disposable Gillette
cold water splash
Thayers Lavender w/h
Aqua Velva a/s - something about a Saturday afternoon that requires AV.

Top Bottom