What's new

Some one's taking an interest

Yeah really not in to that, at all, like not even a little bit.

For me the wet shaving thing is like a ritual, something I do every day that is like telling my body/ mind: "Ok, yesterday is over, now here is some thing relatively simple but requires focus to clear your mind and start today" While toweling/ lathering up/ shaving is one of the only times of my day that I'm not thinking of anything but the task at hand, its a simple grounding routine in a complex world. How am I supposed do that with some one hanging out watching me?

Simple, you spend that time concentrating on shaving her legs while she spends that same time concentrating on shaving your face. Then you can concentrate on thanking each other accordingly for all the mutual concentration.

For me the wet shaving thing is like a ritual, something I do every day that is like telling my body/ mind: "Ok, yesterday is over, now here is some thing relatively simple but requires focus to clear your mind and start today" While toweling/ lathering up/ shaving is one of the only times of my day that I'm not thinking of anything but the task at hand, its a simple grounding routine in a complex world. How am I supposed do that with some one hanging out watching me?

How do you do it? Simple. Refer to the portion that I've bolded. :laugh: Attend only to the thing at hand, rather than thinking about putting on a piece of performance art. (Then again, I am a lay-student of Zen Buddhism, so I've gotten used to focusing on the item at hand.)

I wish that I had both a bathroom that had the space for SWMBO watch, and a SWMBO who wanted to watch. As luck would have it, I have neither. Sigh

My wife watched me shave the other day with this big smile on her face. After I was done, she felt my face, said that it was smooth, and gave me a big kiss and a wink. I was late for work that day. So what could be wrong with this hobby.

The mrs watches me shave occasionally and has seen how much I enjoy it... My birthday is comming up and she has already told me what see is going to get me!!!...

A Straight kit and some trumpers :w00t:

The woman I'm dating thinks it's fascinating that I'm into shaving. Although, she dated an unkempt a-hole with long hair before me, so I think that has something to do with it.

I found out today that AV Ice Blue is a keeper with her. Clubman passed the test too :)

Clearly your girlfriend has a massive crush on Johnny Depp.

She was watching you and getting flashbacks to Sweeney Todd.

It's not you, it's Johnny. Sorry mate.
:001_cool:

She sounds great to me. One poster here had a wife who was so entranced with shaving, she wanted to shave him with a straight razor. He was flattered but a little anxious...

My girlfriend shows a moderate interest in the razors themselves. As for my incessant urge to buy shaving gear, her comment is "at least it's not drugs" :blushing:.

Not long after I started this wet shaving hobby I bought my wife a blue Lady Gillette DE that was practically in mint condition. At the time I was using Proraso (green) soap. She fell in love with the smell of it. Now she uses the DE and Proraso I bought her exclusively. I got that far, but it ends there. She didn't take an interest about other razors and soaps. Atleast I got as far as I did.

The other day me and my girlfriend where in a rush to get out of the house and off to work. She was putting on her make up while I was shaving, when she noticed that some thing was different. She stopped doing what ever it was she was doing with that powder and started watching me strop a blade, lather up and shave. She asked a couple of questions like: "is that one of those old school razor things?", "Whats that leather thing do?" and "Most guys don't use those right?".

Since then she has been finding a reason to be in the room when I'm shaving and watches intently. Its kinda weirding me out, she says its "interesting".

Any of you other guys other halves like to watch?

My GF loves to watch me shave too.

She tells me I take longer in the bathroom than her, I've tried shaving her legs for her to show her how to use the Lady Gillette I got for her. But no she doesn't like to watch, and I'd probably feel the same way as you if she did.

I get this sometimes too, lol

yep, the other day my wife was asking about how I knew how much cream and water to do when building a lather and about why I did multiple passes in different directions.

Ahh the many questions. Made her think about how she shaves her legs, though I have not gotten her to use a DE yet...

BIG mistake. Take it from someone with years and years of experience.:biggrin1: Shaving is my alone time to relax and forget about the world. I see SWMBO enough during rest of the day. :w00t:

Last edited:
I am pretty fortunate that the Mrs's enjoys watching me shave... this of course only started when I switched to straight's. She's happy with the new scent(s) of the bath from the variety of soaps and AS that I have in there...and recently she started boiling the water for me when I am in the shower...so when I get out...I can jump right into a nice shave.:thumbup1:
I mentioned shaving her legs with a DE, ect...and got no real answer...or look... I figured that she may need more time to think this through. Time will tell.
Have a great weekend everyone.
:thumbup:

Top Bottom