What's new

Soap Reviews -A Series

I would be down for that also. Also my favorite soaps to date!

Adagio is AMAZING! So is Cheshire

Adagio is one of my favorites from Will, it ties with Roam for the top spot! The Cheshire kyovu aftershave splash he has is a great addition to use with the Cheshire soap and I would recommend checking it out.

Great review, I look forward to hearing your results and thoughts on all the other soaps you have!

Adagio is one of my favorites from Will, it ties with Roam for the top spot! The Cheshire kyovu aftershave splash he has is a great addition to use with the Cheshire soap and I would recommend checking it out.

Great review, I look forward to hearing your results and thoughts on all the other soaps you have!

I've been wondering about his aftershaves. They seem really expensive! Stirling's aftershaves are great!

Roam. Just no for me lol. I think it smells hideous! Maybe once I lather it up I will change my mind, but I'm partial to HTGAM cavendish. Roam will probably be the last soap I review lol. That's just not my cup of tea I guess.

I don't understand why my post keep getting deleted or why they keep being moved around for. Why are the admins doing this?

I've been wondering about his aftershaves. They seem really expensive! Stirling's aftershaves are great!

Roam. Just no for me lol. I think it smells hideous! Maybe once I lather it up I will change my mind, but I'm partial to HTGAM cavendish. Roam will probably be the last soap I review lol. That's just not my cup of tea I guess.

Roam was a scent that grew on me. It is definitely different than the HTGAM cavendish, which I am quite fond of as well. I thought Roam smelt odd at first, but the more I used it the more I fell in love with it. If you don't like it you have a lot of other fantastic scents to choose from.

The kyovu aftershaves are great, I found that they don't require as much to splash on as a traditional aftershave so they should last a little longer. Order a sample to give them a shot before you drop the cash on a full bottle.

I was not aware of stirling aftershaves, this is something I will now have to look into! Have any specific scents that you'd recommend?

Another note on the Honey Shea butter and oatmeal bath soap. I believe it has just been over a week and the bar has deteriorated almost completely on just use from my fiancé and I.. For over 3 bucks a bar that kind of has me skeptical now.

Nonetheless they are AMAZING bath soaps and I'm sure either way I will continue buying them.

However, I want to try other artisan bath soaps!

I've found that it is necessary to keep Stirling bath soaps in a waterproof soap dish if you store the bar in you shower. Otherwise it'll melt away pretty quick. I use a cheap, plastic soap dish from the drugstore and I get a little over a month with a bar. Also, using a washcloth/loofah/pouf will help extend the life of the bar.

Roam was a scent that grew on me. It is definitely different than the HTGAM cavendish, which I am quite fond of as well. I thought Roam smelt odd at first, but the more I used it the more I fell in love with it. If you don't like it you have a lot of other fantastic scents to choose from.

The kyovu aftershaves are great, I found that they don't require as much to splash on as a traditional aftershave so they should last a little longer. Order a sample to give them a shot before you drop the cash on a full bottle.

I was not aware of stirling aftershaves, this is something I will now have to look into! Have any specific scents that you'd recommend?

I would recommend any of them. I have only tried the lemon chill. I hated it at first because of how strong the menthol was, but I guess my face is getting used to it because I love the scent and the cool splash it has on my face. It's great stuff!

Lemon Chill? Yikes, no that was way too much menthol for my liking. In fact, it was so cold that I couldn't tell if my face was frozen or on fire. It was not a comfortable feeling.
I've now taken that sample and rolled it up into a ball to be used as a bath soap. It's fine for that use, just not on my face.

Lemon Chill? Yikes, no that was way too much menthol for my liking. In fact, it was so cold that I couldn't tell if my face was frozen or on fire. It was not a comfortable feeling.
I've now taken that sample and rolled it up into a ball to be used as a bath soap. It's fine for that use, just not on my face.

There's areas on your body way more sensitive to menthol than your face ;o)

I threw out the shaving soap. I totally agree with your statement! I felt like my face was on fire it was so unbearable! However, the splash isn't near as bad to me. My face is used to it by now anyways. I LOVE the scent, but I'm bias towards any lemon scent

Not a big fan of Stirling. Poor performance for me and the scents are just to "fakey" smelling. Cheap prices coupled with the huge samples I believe are the main reason they are so popular.

B&M on the other hand is one of my favorites. Good performance and a nice line of scents that are more natural.

Not a big fan of Stirling. Poor performance for me and the scents are just to "fakey" smelling. Cheap prices coupled with the huge samples I believe are the main reason they are so popular.

B&M on the other hand is one of my favorites. Good performance and a nice line of scents that are more natural.

I would agree that B&M is better, but to me stirling is far from poor. I get great performance from Rod's soap and it's cheap! I love most of his scents. I have a big variety to choose from also lol

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405636945.522853.jpg

Next two scents on deck for next week shaves and probably my most anticipated two that I wanted to review!

Who shall win the bay rum scent?

I was thinking of pairing up stirling black cherry to B&M adagio after I review the bay rums. It seems like black cherry is the only scent that comes close to adagio because the barrister and mann site says it is lime and cherry scent among a couple others.

Is there any scents that I have that you guys would like me to review before I go to adagio?

I guess I should qualify the "poor" in the performance. It's the quality of the lather. Not enough density to it. Very light and thin. Others like B&M, Cold River Soapworks and Jabonman have a nice thick viscosity to them.

Once one finds the sweet spot in Stirling's soaps, they are plenty thick (at least for me). I noticed the difference when I started using a soaked but shaken out (drier...) boar brush on a pre-wetted puck, and then added water back in slowly as needed. There are some good YouTube videos by minimalisto that show this in action. But I agree that they do take a little more work and patience as compared to the kokum butter soaps (B&M, PPF, Synergy), which seem to explode with lather irrespective of water type, water amount, brush type, etc.

I have not seen Sterling Anise mentioned at all, which mean peeps are not doing their research. The Anise contains Australian Black clay and is one of the best soaps on the market and easily the best soap in the Sterling line. You can take all of those capable sterling soaps and review and compare to Mike's and many other soaps but the Anise is in it's own class. A must have in any rotation if you like the very strong scent. Protective, moisturizing beyond belief the Anise is like nothing else.

I have not seen Sterling Anise mentioned at all, which mean peeps are not doing their research. The Anise contains Australian Black clay and is one of the best soaps on the market and easily the best soap in the Sterling line. You can take all of those capable sterling soaps and review and compare to Mike's and many other soaps but the Anise is in it's own class. A must have in any rotation if you like the very strong scent. Protective, moisturizing beyond belief the Anise is like nothing else.

Not much on black licorice scents aka Jaegermeister that's why I didn't snag a sample of it. As for mike's soap. I'm not much for fighting to get a product. If it's not in stock when I order then I'm not going to bother. Just like yeti soaps. Have no interest in their products if they cant keep up with the demand, but that's just my point of view. Maybe one day I'll get around to ordering mike's or yeti, but there's too many in stock products I wanna try.

I'll also be using Stirling's Gin & Tonic next week. Definitely one of my favorite scents I received.

Stay tuned for reviews of B&M bayrum & Stirling bayrum & also Stirling Gin & Tonic

Top Bottom