What's new

Soap or Cream?

Soap or Cream

• Soap

• Cream

• Both equal

Results are only viewable after voting.
What do you use most often with a straight razor? Soap or cream. does one work any better then the other?

I am a cheap straight user. I use mainly Arko. I also use Proraso Green and red as well as Mitchell's Wool Fat. But mainly the urinal puck for my face.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm a straight razor greenhorn, but I'm just into soaps in general for wet shaving. Soaps are usually slicker, cheaper, easier to manage and store, have better varieties, and I enjoy the effort of loading a brush from a puck and whipping it into a lather.

Is it scream, or is it croap? I like and use soaps, creams and croaps. After all, variety IS the spice of life.

Is it scream, or is it croap? I like and use soaps, creams and croaps. After all, variety IS the spice of life.

Not sure what you call it ....I put soap on the brush from the cup... mix it with a little cream in the bowl...and add a few drops of glycerine. Works well.
Kinda like chemistry class.

Pete <:-}

I pretty much dropped my soap (good thing I am not in prison), and use nothing but cream these days. So much easier to work with, if you ask me!

Since my shave bowl broke in an earthquake i've been sticking with soaps.

Unless I feel like spending the extra time rubbing a cream into my brush then face lathering. Which i'll do if I feel like using my Trumper's Viotlet or my Musgo Real.

I try to balance between the two. Currently stop buying soap/cremes/hybrids all together bc im at 6 and I want to keep it under control if possible. lol

Top Bottom