What's new

So,tell me about Suavecito Pomades

Hey guys,looking for some feedback on Suavecito pomades.Wanting to try something other than the mass produced products in the local chain stores.Suavecito pomades seem to be the one product that surfaces the most in reviews and discussions.I sport a skin fade undercut sometimes slicked straight back and sometimes parted on the side.Not really keen on the super shiny styles,just looking for something more in the semi-shine style and not hard to wash out.Also any noticeable difference in the original and firm offerings from Suavecito?Heck if you have tried something other than Suavecito pomades lets hear about them as well thanks

There are better pomades out there. My favorites are Lockhart's Medium, Black and White Hairdressing, Daimon Barber No.1, Sweet Georgia Brown, Reuzel Pink, and O'Doud's The Based.

If you want something matte, then look at Reuzel Pink. Of all the pomades I listed, the shiniest one would probably be Sweet Georgia Brown in the red can. The others have a natural shine to them, but not an overwhelming shine. Don't be afraid of oil based pomades. Check into non drying water based pomades too. I'm about to make a thread on non drying water based pomades, so stay tuned.

Suavecito, like a lot of water based pomades, is just a glorified gel. It will harden unlike a oil based pomade.

I've only tried the original hold. I like it. Definitely not super greaser shiny... maybe a little bit of shine but not much. I slick mine straight back and this keeps it there. Comes out easily. Another popular similar one is Layrite (haven't tried that one yet).

I'll chime in. I use the original hold and find its perfect for my short hair. I rock a fade on the right side of my head, part is also on the right, brushed to the left. Not a hard hair on my head, but keeps my hair in place all day. Smells fantastic too!

Another option is Imperial Barber fibre pomade. Also water based and harder hold that Suavecito original. Also smells like watermelon bubble gum. I like it, but prefer Suavecito. I ended up buying the barber size tub of original.

I use the firm Suavecito and like it for both its control and washability. I rotate between the Suavecito, American Crew Grooming Cream and AC Pomade. I get these because they are available in every CVS and Walgreens around here.

I have a classic executive contour with a hard part; all of these allow me to brush/comb my hair into place and go. The Cream is the most shiny (which I enjoy) but requires a lather/rinse/repeat to wash out

I use the firm Suavecito and like it for both its control and washability. I rotate between the Suavecito, American Crew Grooming Cream and AC Pomade. I get these because they are available in every CVS and Walgreens around here.

I have a classic executive contour with a hard part; all of these allow me to brush/comb my hair into place and go. The Cream is the most shiny (which I enjoy) but requires a lather/rinse/repeat to wash out
Greetings Tim the Enchanter:laugh:I had to explain to the wife why I was laughing so hard,your avatar gave me quite the chuckle.I think I am about to place an order for the Suavecito,thanks guys

Top Bottom