What's new

So I'm thinking of getting 100 Kai blades...

The problem is where to get them. Right now the Brazillian River place has an unbelievable low price for 100 Kai. However, we know there are counterfeit blades out there, so do we trust this site? Is there any way to be sure? Have any of you bought Kai blades from them?

Aside from that, where else would you go to purchase 100 Kai? The prices are more varied than any other blade I've seen. Everything from just over $30 to over $70. That's crazy!

If I can't make sense of any of it, I'll just give up. It's not like I desperately need another 100 blades, but I really am simplifying things and settling of Kai as my one blade would help in that area. I have more than a lifetime supply of medium blades, and it's a waste since I always use a better blade. I'll end up giving and selling the rests once I settle on "The One".

So there it is. If you really wanted to stock up on Kai blades, where would you go?

If Kai was my blade of choice, I would buy from a reputable dealer and drive on.

Presuming .70 a blade and 3 shaves per blade, that is less than a .25 a shave.

Far more important things in life to spend money on and to worry about, particularly when you put a monetary value on your time.

Doubtful that Kai blades are counterfeited, given that they are wider than all other DE blades. If the blades you get don't measure up, you can send them right back to that river in Brazil.

I bought 50 Kais from A.....n in May. They were the real deal.

That fact is at the very core of this thread. Read my OP.
If they arrive fake, get your money back via Amazon guarantee.

What's the risk? It's the cost of a Subway lunch, even if you get screwed over, which you won't.

If you don't trust Amazon, pick a shave vendor with the lowest price and buy some.

If they arrive fake, get your money back via Amazon guarantee.

What's the risk? It's the cost of a Subway lunch, even if you get screwed over, which you won't.

If you don't trust Amazon, pick a shave vendor with the lowest price and buy some.
That's what my wife said. She is a prime member. I just don't like to mess with stuff, but I think that is our reality now. It's a good and valid point.

PIF - Blade giveaway

I have a solid industrial block of Kai blades (purchasing confusion, long story).

I can send the OP 50 blades as a Christmas present. I'll even pay the postage.

Some notes:
a) to save myself a little postage cost, they won't be sent by tracked shipping (surface mail - up to 3 months, sorry)
b) these are fresh off the factory floor, taken from an industrial box - no wrappings, no tuck boxes - that is, a solid block of slim pieces of metal (if that's important for you, please don't take them). I will wrap them for safety, but please understand they are not sexy-looking.
c) I am willing to send one block of 20 - 30 blades for 4 - 5 people who would like the same Christmas present. Simply tell me how many you want (20 - 30 is a good number, enough to warrant packaging and postage, but not so many that I can't be kind to a few other Kai fans). Please contact me whatever way you can, and please be patient, because I don't know my way around the messaging system (this is embarrassing, but I haven't figured out the private message function - the linked info. page takes me to an out of service area).
d) No reciprocity expected/needed, because I think of this as PIF for information I have taken from these forums. However, if you feel uncomfortable, you could send me back some blades that you don't need.

Merry Christmas!

PM sent to SDK and JWK1.

I have mentally set aside some blades for you - reply at your leisure. Offer still open to a few more people.

Forgive the reiteration - no reciprocity required/expected. The fun of getting a Santa present can easily be lost if you feel obligated to make the same gesture.

Top Bottom