Shark Platinum (4)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Wash and Lather: AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: VDH Luxury Scented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

A close shave with minimal effort and maximum comfort was enjoyed last night. The razor just glided along and the whiskers just dissolved in its path. Minimal aftershave sting, too.

Found the selection of powered recliner sofas in fabrics and colors that match our living room is very sparse. And I’m just looking for something in the brown/beige/gray spectrum…

Might get medical clearance to use a riding lawnmower in the next 48 hours. #LifeIsGood

Very happy the thread hijack is delicious, reasonably nutritious foods none of us can fully digest versus sportsball, politics, or penmanship.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I still can’t do asparagus, beets or Lima beans.

There’s always chicken: Nature’s asparagus

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May

Overlander Evening

Last night’s stellar shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja Handle
Shark Platinum (5)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: VDH Luxury Scented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

I should have done something different like switch out my blade or rinse my razor more frequently. As a consequence, it was a slow shave. I’ll see if the edges are still good next time and remember to rinse the razor more often.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I still have PTSD from broccoli and cheese from early childhood. Just the smell makes me gag.

Funny, I hated (still do) boiled spinach...who the hell does that? Disgusting glop. BUT, love fresh spinach in salads etc.
Sorry Thom...back to our originally programmed material.
Love my OverLander. Just a great shave and one of the best (top 5) ATGs I've ever had.
Spinach and greens boiled are my kryptonite. It all stems back to St Bernadette catholic school, where all students, past present, and future will say the same thing when Spinich is served, they mowed the grass. Every stinking time we had spinach the mowers were cutting the grass, coincidence?? I hardly think so. Those mowers scarred generations of kids.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was fed canned vegetables as a child..... even canned spinach.. and one time, canned Okra... what a horror. My mother was not a good cook... and we were poor. I've mentioned it numerous times... Her two best meals? Tuna casserole with those little shell macaroni: one of those Campbell soup inventions. No spices added and Kraft Mac&Cheese. Most of the rest of the meals she made were inedible but we had to clean our plates, so there was that.

Back then, you couldn't get an actual job until you hit your 16th birthday.... On my birthday, a grocery store manager called me and told me I had the job I've been bugging him about for 2 months. I was elated. The best thing? I worked over the dinner hour and no longer had to eat my Mother's cooking. It sounds like a joke... but the relief was real. <eg>

I was fed canned vegetables as a child..... even canned spinach.. and one time, canned Okra... what a horror. My mother was not a good cook... and we were poor. I've mentioned it numerous times... Her two best meals? Tuna casserole with those little shell macaroni: one of those Campbell soup inventions. No spices added and Kraft Mac&Cheese. Most of the rest of the meals she made were inedible but we had to clean our plates, so there was that.

Back then, you couldn't get an actual job until you hit your 16th birthday.... On my birthday, a grocery store manager called me and told me I had the job I've been bugging him about for 2 months. I was elated. The best thing? I worked over the dinner hour and no longer had to eat my Mother's cooking. It sounds like a joke... but the relief was real. <eg>
My mom was an OK cook, being 14 karat coon'arse you'd think she'd make some great cajun food, but since my dad was from rural Mississippi, he preferred rice and gravy to gumbo and jambalaya. My buddy's mother, on the other hand, could have subbed for the chef at Comanders Palace in New Orleans, he ate Gumbo, Ettoufee, and shrimp Creole, to the point he thought it was the norm, not realizing how fortunate he was. Once my Mom asked me who cooked better, Mrs Bev, my friend's mother, or her. In my head, I was arguing, tell a lie, or tell the truth, tell a lie, or tell the truth. I chose the George Washington route and told her it was Mrs Bev, my mom let out a cry like I broke her heart. I should have picked the Solomon route and told her I could eat both of their cooking every day and be happy. My mom cooked well for the style she was aiming for, it just wasn't Cajun cooking.

My mom was a good cook. Her mother was a fantastic cook. I was sent to my grandmothers very often to help her with chores around her house. She taught me how to cook and more importantly to shop for groceries and meat cuts. She was well known in the community for excellence. While still a cardinal when Pope John Paul came to our hometown Hamilton Ontario the church ladies insisted my grandmother prepare pierogies for his dinner. My foodie roots started well before I was a teenager.

I tried pierogies for the first time in St. Clair Shores, MI a few months ago, John. :)
I hope you enjoyed them Eric. While in my early grades of school my best friends were Italian. When they had pierorgies at our house they remarked that they would probably taste better with a tomato sauce. Ravioli and pierorgies were basic staples as cultural dishes many of us raised on. They continue to delight as they were very much comfort foods to us.

Top Bottom