What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

Nice, but it is so strong. The Hercules of sweet, pleasant powdery scents
hercules GIF

Sorry whenever someone says Hercules this comes to mind. Yep my mind is gone.......

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May

Last night’s ethereal shave
Travel Raptor SE by @SlimGem
Personna GEM PTFE (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: VDH Luxury Scented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

With a slightly neutral angle and a fresh GEM blade, my Travel Raptor SE scrubbed away my stubble with only the scalloped safety bar being felt. I must’ve used too much pressure on my sideburns if my aftershave is to be trusted. Will see if the GEM lives again next shave.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Modern May

Tonight’s zippyl shave
Travel Raptor SE by @SlimGem
Personna GEM PTFE (2)
Pre-shave: no
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

Lathered up and went to town with the safety bar leading the way. As a slow, plodding fellow, I was happy to get my shave done; including using my razor after cleaning it and then cleaning it again; and putting toys away in eight minutes. Can’t wait to do it again.

Still can’t exercise yet, but maybe I’ll be able after my appointment in less than two weeks. Gotta mow the lawn and rake out flower beds and probably hiring an arborist to try saving a cherry tree that has had bad Winters.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Modern May

Last night’s pleasant shave
Triceratops by @SlimGem
Personna GEM PTFE (3)

Smooth shave. Closer than the night before. Slower, too. I have to stop trying to shave without soaking my whiskers. The results are more inconsistent than me. Fun, though.

Enjoyed using the Triceratops razor with the Dinosaur brush. 🦖

Happy shaves, everyone!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’ve tried shaving before a shower fairly recently. I thought my technique had improved enough so it warranted a chance. I was disappointed and returned to my normal routine. I get so much better shaves when I give my old man whiskers enough attention to soften them up.

Modern May

Triceratops by @SlimGem
Personna GEM PTFE (3)

Smooth shave. Closer than the night before. Slower, too. I have to stop trying to shave without soaking my whiskers. The results are more inconsistent than me. Fun, though.

Enjoyed using the Triceratops razor with the Dinosaur brush. 🦖

Happy shaves, everyone!
I have to stop trying to shave without soaking my whiskers.
Major mistake Thom. Whiskers need to be hydrated before shaving. There are no shortcuts or options. Hydration along with pre-shave skin care and prep will Always enhance your shave in efficiency and skin comfort.

I had tried electric shaving without pre-shave prep and the results were poorer shaves discomfort and skin irritation. A pre shave cream and a short facial massage made a 100% difference in efficiency and skin comfort. We deserve a little pampering take the time to enjoy your shaves. Skin is our largest organ, and the easiest to care for.

thombrogan

We bought a genetically modified pineapple!

We saw a Del Monte Pinkglow pineapple in our shoppenings to and boughterized it.

The good people at Del Monte added a gene that makes the Pinkglow pineapple produce lycopene - an antioxidant normally found in tomatoes.

Three things:

1. It’s prebby. P!nk
2. It’s yummy - like most every other conventional pineapple sold by Del Monte
3. It’s expensive. $9.99USD for one, squeakin’ pineapple

Wee Babby took pictures of comestible and demented Kwyjibo that prepared it for consumption.

as sold at Shaws:
IMG_0203.jpeg

Unboxed:
IMG_0204.jpeg

Crafting a fashionable wristband:
IMG_0205.jpeg

Wristband swag:
IMG_0209.jpeg

Can I call it a rind?
IMG_0211.jpeg

I told you it’s prebby. Shun the non-believer, Charlie. Shun!
IMG_0215.jpeg

If you want to leave ham off your Hawaiian-style pizza without affecting esthetics or pink up your pineapple juice without adding other juices or food coloring, this may be for you. I think it was worth a buy

Uhh, ok. Lycopene is good, "Pink Glow"? in the dark? Was there a reason for this? Oh yeah, to have lycopene in a pineapple. Because there's gonna be a tomato shortage? Not sure why I'm concerned but this seems to be one of those answers to a question no one asked. Glad it still tasted like a pineapple so they didn't genetically unmodify that aspect.
It seems to be increasing at a faster rate than we might realize. GMOs are on the rise everywhere. Pretty soon most of our food is going to be slightly "unreal". Now if they could only make Brussel sprouts taste like pineapple.

200w.gif

thombrogan

Modern May

Triceratops by @SlimGem
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
AP ShaveCo G5A 26mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: SV Opuntia sample bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid

Pressed a tiny bit of SV into my loading bowl. Looked too small, so I added some more. Still looked too small, but I went for it. Lathering unintentionally resembled the layering method of @AimlessWanderer so the shower and hyaluronic acid got additional prep.

Shave was basically same as time before. Good, but slower than I wanted. I must have dulled the blade.

Happy shaves, everyone!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Once a year, within a week or so of Christmas, I have a huge bowl of Brussels sprouts as a meal.

While the sprouts are boiling or steaming to slightly undercooked, I pan fry some pancetta with chopped onion and garlic. Once the sprouts are almost at the point of ready as tested with a fork, I'll drain them, throw in the pancetta with the alliums and oil, shake well, and leave off the heat in the hot pan for two or three minutes. Then tip into my largest serving bowl, grab a fork, and stuff myself silly with them. Truly wonderful.

Not so wonderful for anyone around me for the next 24 hours though, so I do avoid friends, family, and public transport for a day.

Top Bottom