RazoRock Mamba 0.53 on PAA el Fantasma handle
Sharp Titanium (4)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Wash and Lather: AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: splash of water on whiskers
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Nice enough shave, but I compensated for lack of technique and alertness with nature’s choice of extra pressure. The irritation I inflicted was minimal and subsided in the shower – the warm shower :001_wub: – but it’s probably goodest to not do that. So, fresh blade for next time.

Without permission from Wifey or me, Wee Babby had a birthday today. We took them out to eat and did our best to spoil them rotten with presents and then had birthday cannolis. Party with friends and cake tomorrow.

Tonight’s two-fer shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84 on PAA el Fantasma handle
Shark Platinum (1)
Pre-shave: Al’s method
Lather: Proraso blue; face-lathered

Sharper blade and more awake/alert, but couldn’t get the closeness I sought. Moved the blade to the JAWS and rode its cap to a cleaner neck and jawline. I like to think I’ll get better with the Mamba. Hee hee

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tonight’s shave
Sharp Titanium (1)
Lather: ARKO! bowl-loaded; face-lathered

I can shave with this razor; and fairly well; if I keep it neutral or steep. And I didn’t want to, so the comfort and quality suffered from my hubris. Can’t wait to find out what my mind does next time.

We threw a party for Wee Babby today and one of her childhood and a bunch of her college friends showed up. It was a blast and I may have tucked into the leftovers big time.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Thank you, Andrew!

Last night’s shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84 on PAA el Fantasma handle
Sharp Titanium (2)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
Lather: ARKO! bowl-loaded; face-lathered

Surfing the cap of the Game Changer was definitely more comfortable and closer than doing the same with the Mamba, but it was still a drawn out experience. The type that reminded me I think I was getting my fastest and most comfortable minimal prep shaves last year with an unshimmed MMOC and pining away for more PTFE-coated stainless GEM blades (not that I’m out, but I’m anxious). I think I can do similar with a DE, it probably involves more practice with getting more contact with less pressure.

Yesterday was a “blink and it was bedtime” blur, but that blur was spent with Wifey and now non-teen Babby so it was the best blur.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I find the Game Changers and Lupos work better while going shallow, whereas my Mamba clone (Maggard via DSCosmetic) works best neutral or a hint steep. I was able to get almost BBS while going steep with my Mamba clone, but at the expense of lots of aftershave sting.

I’m in the same boat and was informed I’ve been bleeding more since going back to the Mamba and having a foray with the Injector. I’ll figure it out on my own, but I thought I was being so smort.
The word of the day from our learned @thombrogan is smort. We have to turn to the urban dictionary for this one.

Urban dictionary:
When you are smart and stupid at the same time.

The word of the day from our learned @thombrogan is smort. We have to turn to the urban dictionary for this one.

Urban dictionary:
When you are smart and stupid at the same time.
You see we who are not from around here (US) have to turn to the dictionary once in a while.
Do You Understand English GIF

thombrogan

Moderately Mentholated Micromatic Mühle Monday

Last night’s stupendous shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna Stainless PTFE GEM (1)
Mühle ”Large” STF 23mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: Proraso green bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

#AwYeah

It’s been so long since I’ve hovered a Micromatic over my whiskers, but I only got one teeny drop of blood that I had to search for with terlet paper, so definitely much easier than falling off a bike. The aftershave sting said I was overconfident, but so did the minuscule weeper, so that was uncalled for. Did not scrape up my moustache area like I normally do after a Micromatic drought, so yay!

The Mühle did what it normally does: make a great lather with minimal effort without being the star of the show. My smoov brain can only make music-related metaphors and similes when I try to describe this brush’s performance in relation to the rest of the shave. Pity that Mühle doesn’t make them at more affordable prices because more people should enjoy them.

The Proraso green was great. Very slick, slightly chilly. The scent is more complex than mere eucalyptus and menthol though they are Highly present. I think a fragrance free and a fragrance and menthol free version would be very great.

Something in either the Proraso green’s residual scent and/or my home-mentholated moisturizer mixes with my body’s chemistry to form what my Bride informed me was very “cat box,” which I took to mean cat urine, so I get to play scent detective. This was post-shower; when Ive occasionally received compliments; so it wasn’t some fully self-generated stench. …Thom lied unconvincingly…

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Tonight’s stupid shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna Stainless PTFE GEM (2)
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: Captain’s Choice Unscented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

The good news: the mentholated Equate moisturizer and residual Ulm Nom is a keeper. The good news I wish I didn’t need: I took too long and scraped the side of my face that touches my pillow. It’s good because I was able to go lighter on the other side. I’ll figure this out Overlander

Happy shaves, everyone!

Top Bottom