What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

I plan to use my Pilot series Christy SE with a Chick blade...amazed how fine a shave this razor is with a injector blade.

I plan to use my Pilot series Christy SE with a Chick blade...amazed how fine a shave this razor is with a injector blade.

It is indeed a very good razor. The fact that it can use an injector blade is a big win. I own a Christy and Keen Kutter they are both very smooth shavers.

I have had a Enders Speed Razor for a few weeks and am finally getting some of those hard to find razor blades so I can give it a shot, glad to see others actually shaving with these razors.

Manny

Schick Type F/Chick blade (7) When this razor shows up in the rotation, I am always amazed at the smoothness and closeness of the shave.

Today I decided to take a look back at what got me started with SE shaving, so I brought out my first Gem MM Bullet and I paired with my trusted Treet SE blade. I started by washing my face with a shave soap from Fuzzy Face Soaps called energy, it wakes me up, cleans well and adds a little glide, then with the face still wet I use Somersets shaving oil with maximum glide, I rub that in aggressively and let it sit while I work on the soap, today I am using my classical and dependable Gillette Wilkonson shaving soap and my trusted Ever-Ready 100 Brush, I presoak the brush for about a minute leave most of the water on it and hit the puck with it, 30 seconds and I have plenty of product, one pass WTG, one pass ATG and some touch ups at the upper neck under the jaw line and I'm good to go. A good amount of Proraso after shave balm for sensitive skin adds the final touch. No nicks, No weepers just smooth skin. there you have it.
$image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom