What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Mongoose. TGCo synthetic. CC bowl, not shown: Kai Captain Titan Mild blade, Mike's Vetiver, Krampert's Finest Frostbite.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418000704623.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418000704623.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 86
Sunday, December 14, 2014

NOS Schick Injector I - 1 Maiden Voyage
NOS Schick blade
Simpson Commodore X - 3 Best

$Sun1-1.jpg

Do you guys always start planning your Sunday shaves on Friday?

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . . :001_smile

--Bob

Just the night before maybe... I plan on using a Stoll Lather Catcher.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418522071589.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418522071589.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 192
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1418522122041.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418522122041.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 209
Thanks! It was scored for me AnthonyD, my rightcoast shaving bro. I just saw it last night for the first time. Tomorrow will be the first shave for me... I think I have a pretty good idea of how it shaves (and hope I'm not too surprised!).

Put off the maiden voyage for SE Sunday, since I also got a Durham Duplex, and used that this morning. (Not an SE. But still.... uses carpet blades, so how could I resist?)

Just the night before maybe... I plan on using a Stoll Lather Catcher.

Sweet Pics, Andrew!! Quite the looker to already be 101 years old! You see why I had a hard time deciding to let it go? I guess you are going old school all the way with the carbon steel blade :thumbup1:

Should we double-Kampfe it? Should I use my Hero Lather Catcher tomorrow? Maybe make it Super Kampfe Sunday :lol:

$Hero2.jpg

So uh, Anthony,... should I send it back to you??? I feel bad if you're missing it!
The Hero is an incredibly handsome razor, too.
I'll report in after tomorrow's shave. (Today, the Durham Duplex.... it was tuggy and uncomfortable for a first pass, but settled down after that, I guess after enough whisker reduction. And the result was a DFS, really. No nicks or weepers; a bit of alum sting, but nothing like what I expected given the "tugginess". Pretty nice result. I think the same result comes easier with any number of other razors, but there's still something cool about it, and I feel like a tough guy using a Stanley carpet blade. Blue collar shave par excellence -- or something).

Last edited:
So uh, Anthony,... should I send it back to you??? I feel bad if you're missing it!

No! I am glad that I was able to pass it along to you and I hope that you enjoy it! I know it has a good home and that makes me happy :thumbup:

That is pretty much my exact experience with the Durham. The end result wasn't bad at all but it is a little rough getting there, but I think if there are better blades available there may be some real possibilities for it. The Durham is really a well made razor by any standard!

Anyway, full speed ahead for Kampfe Super Sunday :boat:

First shave with the Stoll Lather Catcher, second shave (or third?) with the PAL carbon "blue" blade.

I shaved in a stupid hurry this morning, as someone was waiting for me to help him on a project I'd promised to get to.... and... DFS, no fear of weepers, no irritation. Three passes, no touch-ups, not as close as the Gem 1912 or Ever Ready 1924, but really quite fine for a hurried shave. No sting with alcohol... just super easy and safe, good shave.

Last edited:
I used a Gem G-Bar with a PAL carbon.

It gave a DFS.

Nice an smooth, but not as good as my Cloug Pruf. The chrome handle seems a little slippery.
But it's a great looking razor, a nice addition to my GEM collection.

SOTD
Single Edge Sunday, December 21, 2014

Prep: Hot-Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap - Barbershop
Razor: Schick Injector I - 2 Hydro-Magic
Blade: Schick - #4
Brush: Omega Pro Boar 10098
Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps - Coconut, Lime
Post: Alum Stick, Aloe Vera Toner, Witch Hazel+, Gold Bond Green Lotion
Aftershave - Fine - Platinum

$Sun1.jpg:thumbup1:

Top Bottom