Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
20240309_084526.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday, March 17th, 2024

Razor : Yaqi, Excalibur SE 50mm with a Yaqi Malino 316SSP handle. Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Small head parts makes for good use of a wash cloth to work on when assembling the razor with a blade has been experiences. I seem to get great shaves with this affordable razor head. I have the Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE head and the Romulus head is better machined but you pay for that . The Romulus and Excalibur are great razors and enjoyable to use because they are so nimble in the hand to wield. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain Titian mild (1) sharp and smooth with great longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : TOBS herbal Sandalwood cream, nice rich herbal scented Sandalwood 7/10 fragrance strength with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3band Silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice bloom on this knot after 1st washing when received last year, great all around brush for my shaving needs. It has a unique stubby handle that works in my hands OK.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Kai SE Captain titian mild blade.
SOTD March 17 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Single edge Sunday's shave--

Razor: Schick adjustable injector (M3) on 7
Blade: Parker injector blade (2nd use)
Pre-shave: Colgate barber shave soap
Cream: Cremo

For me, the Schick adjustable injector may be the best vintage razor ever made. It delivers a super comfortable and close shave.

Today's shave was with the Shield Predator SS Gem razor. Been using it almost exclusively for 2 weeks.

Shield Predator GEM SS Razor
Gem Persona PTFE Blade (14)
Proraso Green shave cream
Paladin Pk-47 Select Badger Brush
Bootlegger's Green Freeze aftershave
Zero irritation

9.0/10 CCS. Not quite BBS today

Might be time to toss the blade. Very smooth shave but not cutting as close as it was.

Top Bottom