What's new

Simpson KH3 Nice Surprise

I have many nice brushes but most are brushes I have assembled aside from a few from Arno, Zenith, and Semogue. Always wanted to try a Simpson. After finding a vintage brush in a junk shop and using it a few times. I broke down and ordered the KH3 (Insane Amazon price). My favorite knot size has been 26mm. I have a few 24mm knots and a couple 28mm but the sweet spot is 26mm. After using the smaller KH3 a few times I am really beginning to like it. Wish the loft was a little shorter but it is overall a very nice brush. I only wish I would have picked up a Thater before they were all gone. Since I'm a brush junky I imagine another Simpson or two will end up in the collection.
IMG_0408.jpg

It has one of the better Simpson knots imo- was also very surprised with this brush as well, especially after buying quite a few Simpsons at this point. Also took advantage of the Amazon price :D With points included I hardly paid anything haha.

I have many nice brushes but most are brushes I have assembled aside from a few from Arno, Zenith, and Semogue. Always wanted to try a Simpson. After finding a vintage brush in a junk shop and using it a few times. I broke down and ordered the KH3 (Insane Amazon price). My favorite knot size has been 26mm. I have a few 24mm knots and a couple 28mm but the sweet spot is 26mm. After using the smaller KH3 a few times I am really beginning to like it. Wish the loft was a little shorter but it is overall a very nice brush. I only wish I would have picked up a Thater before they were all gone. Since I'm a brush junky I imagine another Simpson or two will end up in the collection. View attachment 1734881
Very nice brush, sir! Congratulations!

I’ve said that before about certain things (Gillette techs). It definitely applies to Simpson brushes. I’m a big fan of their knots in best
I own Simpson brushes in every type of badger hair. Silvertip is the best quality hair but Best is the best value IMO.

I could happily be content with only Simpson Best Badger brushes as they can be as good as other brush makers’ 2 Band, High Mountain White, etc.

I have heard some negative reviews lately but most of my Simpsons are 2-5 years old and they are all excellent. 🤷‍♂️

I ended up ordering the Commodore X3. This may be my last Simpson. The knot is very floppy and not shaped like other Simpson knots I've seen. It is almost a flat top fan instead of the rounded fan they normally produce. There is no similarity to the Keyhole I ordered first. Still loving that one. Probably trade or sell the X3. It did lather and release the soap very well but not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom