What's new

"Show-Me Shavers" - Missouri Shaving Enthusiasts

A tip for all of you. It was brought up in the aftershave Forum, that Hy-Vee carries Pinaud (Clubman, Bay Rum, and Lilac Vegetal) aftershave. I have not personally verified this since I don't have a Hy-Vee near me, but one member said he saw it at his local Hy-Vee in KC, and another did also in St. Joseph.

A tip for all of you. It was brought up in the aftershave Forum, that Hy-Vee carries Pinaud (Clubman, Bay Rum, and Lilac Vegetal) aftershave. I have not personally verified this since I don't have a Hy-Vee near me, but one member said he saw it at his local Hy-Vee in KC, and another did also in St. Joseph.

The have them at the ones here in Lees Summit. Also the store on 291 has a lil ziplock bag with a generic looking 5 pack of blades for like a buck and a half. They are actually Gillette 7'oclock blades if ya ever need some in a pinch.

First Name? Joshua
Resident or Alumni? Alumni
City (Residing in or from)? St. Louis County, Columbia
Region (from above map)? St. Louis & Central
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Rams
What do you do? Work at a life insurance company.
What are your worst acquisition disorders? I don't have any really bad ADs, but I do like to buy a little too much AS & soap.
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors: Super Speed, NEW
Brushes: Omega 10066
Soap: Tabac, MWF, Williams
Cream: n/a
Aftershaves: Clubman, Skin Bracer, Bay Rum

Tell us a little about yourself? I grew up in St. Louis county and went to school at the University of Missouri. I met my wife and MU, and she accepted a position in Iowa so we moved. I have family in MO (parents in STL, brother in Columbia, and in-laws in KC.

Hobbies: Pocket billiards, disc golf, games of all sorts.

Show-Me Pic(s): I just grabbed this one off the net.
$Capture.GIF

I know of at least a couple. I'll have to look them up. The one's I'm thinking of aren't on B&B.

That's fine, as long as its not incredibly expensive I would rather just meet someone locally to get them honed over sending them out. I have trust issues when it comes to our local shippers...lol. I would really very much love to get some hones and learn myself, just don't have the extra cash to buy the hones right now. Anyways, it is much appreciated!

That's fine, as long as its not incredibly expensive I would rather just meet someone locally to get them honed over sending them out. I have trust issues when it comes to our local shippers...lol. I would really very much love to get some hones and learn myself, just don't have the extra cash to buy the hones right now. Anyways, it is much appreciated!
Unfortunately we did not have the big KC meetup this year. We had one last year and it was awesome. Lots of honers in the house, teaching everyone everything they ever wanted to know about honing. Hopefully it's a go for next year.

First Name? Alex
Resident or Alumni? neither...I work in NKC and went to HS in KCMO
City (Residing in or from)? Lawernce
Region (from above map)? KC
What State Team do you root for (College/Pro)? Green Bay Packers
What do you do? Healthcare IT
What are your worst acquisition disorders? Shaving Cream
What are your favorite shaving hardware/software (up to 3 of each)?

Razors: Gillette New (formerly owned by my grandfather), Gillette tech fat handle
Brushes: Whipped dog firehouse Silvertip, B&B boar hair orange handle, wolf whiskers custom handle with WD boar hair knot
Soap: none
Cream: TOBS sandalwood , Vostok, GFT Lime
Aftershaves: Pinuad Vanilla, Ogalla Bayrum with Sandalwood, CC aftershaves

Tell us a little about yourself?
I've been in healthcare for the past 8ish years as a EMT, PCT and now in IT. Ive lived in the KC area through college and now live in lawrence with my wife and our 6 month old daughter

Hobbies: Video games (when i get the chance), Movies, relaxing with my family.

Favorite thing in MO:
$1314879040-arthur_bryants1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Alex, I won't hold the fact that you're an Aurthur Bryants fan against ya too much....just promise me at some time when you are in KC you will try like Q39..lol Anyways, welcome again!

Being from Texas I don't really notice much special about BBQ here however I have not sampled from the KC area which is where I am told it's good. Welcome all new people btw! I hope this group gets a nice following it would be neat to have some closer fellow addicts.

Top Bottom