What's new

Should I bid on the "Rare Gillette Fatboy" with date code T1?

I had the exact oppisite issue with an antique dealer at a flea market...she had an old pickle jar with razors...4 or 5 Slims, and the one FatBoy (#@!! yes I bought it for $10)...any way she kept telling me it was the "Lady Gillette", and that is why it had the bigger handle...she had researched it and she was convinced...I didn't argue, gave her the $$ and took the FatBoy home...cleaned it and it looks new...she had the case for it as well, it was broken and cracked...she wouldn't give it to me, because it was for a FatBoy, and when she got one, she was going to put it in the case, and then it would be worth more money...I really didn't need a broken case, but I was pretty sure that the case and the Razor went together...

I am going back to the Flea Market tomorrow to see if she has any more "Lady Gilleetes" in stock...:lol:

Radar, where did you find that 4 piece Gillette? I'll give top dollar for it. It looks similar to the Old Type I have, but since it's got more pieces, it's gotta be rarer and more expensive, right? I especially like the minty mini Zippo case that comes with it! That's gotta at least triple the value.:w00t:

Top Bottom