What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
So a little birdy told me that nitro cellulous is up 25% because of a "shortage". Gird your loins boys!
I finally learned my lesson and have been stocking up, I just wish I did it 10yrs ago. I've even purchased powders for calibers I dont reload for yet because I dont currently have a firearm chambered in that caliber. Once I buy the firearm I'll be GTG even if there are shortages and huge price increases.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I finally learned my lesson and have been stocking up, I just wish I did it 10yrs ago. I've even purchased powders for calibers I dont reload for yet because I dont currently have a firearm chambered in that caliber. Once I buy the firearm I'll be GTG even if there are shortages and huge price increases.
I hear that! I'm just going deep on .22lr. Da way I see it is stuff is gonna get expensive and I see AR22 posts OFF the chart over on reddit so I am focusing my efforts there. Grabbed another 4 bricks of CCI SV today and that puts me at 16750 rounds of standard velocity plus other stuff (I'm running out of room). Time to focus on 5.56 (yeah...Right!) and 9mm. The thing I find funny is that I am finally starting to see Retumbo again. That stuff has been a unicorn for ever!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I hear that! I'm just going deep on .22lr. Da way I see it is stuff is gonna get expensive and I see AR22 posts OFF the chart over on reddit so I am focusing my efforts there. Grabbed another 4 bricks of CCI SV today and that puts me at 16750 rounds of standard velocity plus other stuff (I'm running out of room). Time to focus on 5.56 (yeah...Right!) and 9mm. The thing I find funny is that I am finally starting to see Retumbo again. That stuff has been a unicorn for ever!
I should probably do the same with .22lr. I’m sitting on about 9k rounds but my oldest son is 6 and is really getting interested in shooting. I can see us burning through a lot of ammo in the coming years.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And in the theme of .22s I just replaced the Tippmann barrel easy peasy! Currently marinating in a heavy coating of SOTARacha with a small electric heater to warm the metal to open the pores. That ad actually removing the suppressor should eliminate my last "issue".

P.S. SOTAR(School of the American Rifle)acha is Mobile 1 synthetic grease cut with Mobile 1 0w20 synthetic oil to a thin consistency. Stupid slick and stays put. Made enough to last a lifetime and can be tweaked for consistency by season.

P.S.S. Put it in a condiment bottle at your loved ones risk. I discovered it in the fridge! :lol: I can only imagine the result if it found its way on to a hamburger.

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Boy, the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us, we had it made
Those were the days

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girls, and men were men
Mister, we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee, our old LaSalle ran great
Those were the days

So who remembers ...

restricted-mag.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My Glock 12 round .45 ACP mags are marked LE restricted, I was LEO when they were purchased. I guess I'm still good. Oddly, my SIG P239 mags weren't marked as restricted and they along with the gun were a blue label purchase.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My Glock 12 round .45 ACP mags are marked LE restricted, I was LEO when they were purchased. I guess I'm still good. Oddly, my SIG P239 mags weren't marked as restricted and they along with the gun were a blue label purchase.
P239 is eight rounds. The above is one of two for my P229 but were actually ones I bought later since my P229 is from post mag limit era.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Someone - please - help me understand USPS:

cvcxvv.jpg

So my item went to Birmingham - ok - and was processed twice, on two different days.

On Sunday it was declared late, and arrived back in Birmingham - for the third time?

But everything's ok, because it processed one more time in B on Monday. Then it left on Tuesday. In fact, it left TWICE on Tuesday.

Which would be ok, except it arrived back in Birmingham for like the fifth time again on Tuesday ...

o_O I wish Azon would just deliver everything. USPS is too far gone.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

View attachment 1803096

So my item went to Birmingham - ok - and was processed twice, on two different days.

On Sunday it was declared late, and arrived back in Birmingham - for the third time?

But everything's ok, because it processed one more time in B on Monday. Then it left on Tuesday. In fact, it left TWICE on Tuesday.

Which would be ok, except it arrived back in Birmingham for like the fifth time again on Tuesday ...

AA
Or FedEx:
FedEx-229.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Hopefully, whatever it was, you got two of them ... but I doubt it.

AA
They are actually an outtie, my old P229 going back to the Mothership for a Spa Day and night sights. Clicking on the links shows the same stops until Portsmouth, NH where one shows DELAY and the other Delivered. With signature. It's been an adventure, twice it said funds were due and it was being sent back to sender.

Sig was great though. When I emailed them at the first screw up they called FedEx and checked on its actual progress. And the RMA shows as "in progress" on the Sig site. It's getting a full disassembly, all springs and wear parts replaced as well a full clean and inspection and another test target.

AbE: and I just got another notice from FedEx the the package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. And that it's in Newark, NJ.

Funner and Funner.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

View attachment 1803096

AA

Sometimes...the old ways are the best ways.

1709080699293.png

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The FedEx website says they will deliver my P229 to Sig today.

Sig says they already have it and it's being worked on already.

I said I'll be very disappointed if they only send one P229 back to me.

FedEx-229-4.jpg

Top Bottom