What's new

Shoe Tree Selection

The Nordstrom Rack has shoe trees for $15. Any reason not to get them? In other words, are there any quality concerns with Nordstrom's shoe trees?

Previous thread on shoe trees:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/414234-Shoe-Tree-Suggestions

Nordstrom rack ones are fine. Jos. A. Bank have similar ones that sometimes go for sale for $8. I have Woordlore, Allen Edmonds, and Jos. A. Bank trees. The only real quality difference between the Woodlore and Jos. A Bank ones are that the former have a split toe (superior in my opinion) and the latter have a "full" or solid toe.

Allen Edmond shoe trees are rebranded Woodlore trees. Comparing the two that I have, the only real difference seems to be the branding, and the AE ones are a bit more finely sanded. It makes them feel a bit more "luxurious" but it offers zero improved functionality. The Nordstrom Rack ones I see on line seem exactly like the Woodlore ones.

TLDR: Go for it.

I have no idea. Only thing I know to look for is a split toe and a wide heel so the leather does not get a stress concentration.

Whenever possible, I prefer to get lasted shoe trees. The better fit helps the leather retain its shape.

It goes without saying, however, that the shoe trees shouldn't cost more than the shoes!

Thank you guys! I feel a little better about my purchase now. And I just might have to keep my eye out for some $8 Jos A Bank ones as well.

Thank you guys! I feel a little better about my purchase now. And I just might have to keep my eye out for some $8 Jos A Bank ones as well.

On the Jos A Bank ones, watch for two(or more)-for-the-price-of-one sales. And I would suggest taking a pair of shoes along to make sure that the trees fit correctly.

Top Bottom