What's new

Shaving while travelling

Get yourself a TracII. You can get them very reasonably on Ebay. Then get the carts WITHOUT the lubri snot strip. If you want to go disposable, I find the schick green handled sensitive is one of the best.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Given that the OP is travelling to Cannes then depending on from where he is flying the TSA rules may not be applicable. There will of course be similar rules but they may be more or less stringent than the TSA equivalent. If I were the OP I would work on my disposable technique, if you cannot get a good shave with some kind of Bic, I like the Bic Metal, then I respectfully suggest you are doing something wrong.

There has been a big push where I am from to stop people from drinking & driving, texting and driving. I can’t see how shaving would be any safer, but I never tried it, I guess you never know until you do.

Last edited:
Given that the OP is travelling to Cannes then depending on from where he is flying the TSA rules may not be applicable. There will of course be similar rules but they may be more or less stringent than the TSA equivalent. If I were the OP I would work on my disposable technique, if you cannot get a good shave with some kind of Bic, I like the Bic Metal, then I respectfully suggest you are doing something wrong.
Yep the fixed head single bladed disposable razors is the way to go.

Last summer while recovering from a broken shoulder, I bought the Dorco Pace 6 and found it decent enough for one or two shaves. Better than the bigger name brands I used to use. For me at least.

I
I'm based in London so no TSA for me but I'm sure the security here is just as bad. I don't mind risking it with a cheap DE razor in case they take it but I don't know how easy it is to find blades locally when I travel.

Yeah it was my first time with a disposable 5 blade in several years. I managed to get a decent enough shave out of it. it was just unpleasant and cumbersome. I'll try the Bic with one blade. I'm in Paris next week and in bologna in three weeks so I'll see how it goes

I

I'm based in London so no TSA for me but I'm sure the security here is just as bad. I don't mind risking it with a cheap DE razor in case they take it but I don't know how easy it is to find blades locally when I travel.

Yeah it was my first time with a disposable 5 blade in several years. I managed to get a decent enough shave out of it. it was just unpleasant and cumbersome. I'll try the Bic with one blade. I'm in Paris next week and in bologna in three weeks so I'll see how it goes
The Bic Metal is truly a piece to behold. Works like a fine Injector razor and really lasts. I did 20 3pass shaves on medium/heavy growth without a significant drop in performance.

If you want to go a bit upscale there is still the Indian PII Gillette available.

CFD28F34-964D-4426-BBD6-8472DC18D7A8.jpeg

Paired with these excellent Polish cartridges you are good to go.

264A75DC-19F6-4AED-94DD-E9CC4FB61D77.jpeg

Top Bottom