What's new

Shaving Soap Storage Idea...

Hi folks,

For I while I've been searching in the shops for a good quality plastic storage container to keep soaps in. I've found lots of cheap containers that don't seal well, and other containers which are the wrong size. The other day I stumbled across some which looked perfect in a health food shop and bought two. They are almost ideal size to take a refill puck of Trumpers soap. They seal well, and they stack together neatly. As you can see there's plenty of space above the puck so you don't get lather spilling out over the side while you're loading up your shaving brush.

Here's one with a refill of Trumpers Sandalwood inside.
proxy.php

I shaved off a tiny sliver around the edge of the puck, but it ended up being a little loose so it's probably not necessary. I put the puck in flat side down and pressed the sliver in around the edge of the curved top side, so nothing was wasted.

I searched around on the internet and found an online place selling them, and just ordered another four.

http://www.cookability.biz/pureseal-small-round-container/b_1309.htm

I'm not sure if AOS and D R Harris (etc.) soap refills are the same size to the Trumpers, but they look pretty similar. I'm probably going to pick up a D R Harris soap next week so fingers crossed.

Ziploc sells small round plastic containers that work perfectly for soap. They have a twist-top for freshness and seem to be just the right size for most soaps. Best of all - they're cheap, and available at the grocery store.

Iwan

I myself have managed to purchase a similar size container from Tesco which cost 79p for three.Check it out at your local store.

Alan:biggrin1:

Why not run down to Wal-mart or wherever, and buy a muffin pan? It'll hold a dozen soaps.

No, I don't keep my soaps in a muffin pan. But it would work.

Why not run down to Wal-mart or wherever, and buy a muffin pan? It'll hold a dozen soaps.

No, I don't keep my soaps in a muffin pan. But it would work.

Wow, even though thats probably the funniest thing I've heard all day, its actually a pretty good one. :w00t:

I wonder if Mama Bear would make me up a muffin pan of soap. :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was thinking of something more along the lines of an aircraft hangar.

Top Bottom