What's new

Shaving Cream Acquisitions

I have yet to try Proraso in the tube but I love Proraso Green in the tub.
Both are very good although quite different: the yellow tube - wood and spice - is pretty thick, takes a bit of work to lather up, while the menthol and eucalyptus is a lot thinner and lathers very easily. Both have quite strong fragrances, and albeit only a couple goes on each, so far happy with the purchases.

Proraso green:
IMG_1885.jpeg

Picked up samplers of DR Harris Arlington and Windsor. I tried the Arlington last night and really liked it.
Also got a tube of Barbasol 1919 to use a baseline while comparing blades on the new razors.
Maggard and Razor Emporium for sources. I got a good laugh because apparently they use the exact same shipping supply vendor and techniques.

Proraso Green Cream.
My second favorite scent from Proraso right now after their wood and spice from their single blade lineup. I just got a tube of Proraso blue so we’ll see if anything changes
I hope that's not true...such a great line, especially Wood and Spice, which I adore
I know it’s still showing up on their US website. Just received an order for the wood and spice pre shave, cream and aftershave balm. As of right now wood and spice is my favorite Proraso scent

My first batch of Proraso arrived yesterday. Before coming to this forum, I had never even heard of it.

Looking forward to using it today and leaving a review.

View attachment 1692348
It’s an excellent shave system. The cream works well on its own but when you use it with the pre and post shave products it’s a whole different beast (in a good way)

Shaved with all three Proraso products this morning.

The pre-shave cream had a nice smell and conditioned my beard and skin nicely. I don't think I've ever used a preshave product like this before.

The shave cream smelled great, and after my shave I could feel the tingling freshness of the menthol for quite a while. Will definitely use again.

The aftershave balm smelled a bit like glue, and although it did a good job conditioning my skin, I think I'm going to stick with the Nivea Sensitive I usually use.

Would definitely recommend the shave cream. Although, to be perfectly honest, I prefer the scent of the Nivea Sensitive shaving gel.

I'm thinking I might like some of the other scents better.

Just recieved my first tube of Lea cream. The box was taped and there was no seal under the cap. Is this normal for Lea tubes or did I get a used and returned tube?

Just recieved my first tube of Lea cream. The box was taped and there was no seal under the cap. Is this normal for Lea tubes or did I get a used and returned tube?
I had the same experience with a tube of Lea menthol; no seal and some of the cream had apparently leaked out and dried. Maybe this is par for the course?

Top Bottom