What's new

Shavemac Problems....

I'm a long time lurker here. Thanks for all of the tips!

A few years back, I bought a custom shavemac brush. It suffered from some of the knot ungluing that was reported by some back in 2008, so I glued the knot back in. Then I got away from shaving with a brush for a while.

When I went back to it, I realized that my brush was loosing hairs more than it should, so I shot a note off to Bernd. He says "that is not right, please return the brush".

So after some delay, I did just that. Some emails later about "I'm going to pick up from customs today"... AND...

The brush was returned to me by the German postal system -- UNOPENED and UNCLAIMED from customs by Bernd.

Now I don't know what to do. I've sent him another note, but don't want to go through packaging it up again, and sending it off without any success. Anyone else have problems in this regard?

Last edited:
sounds like they sent it to the wrong address ?? you surely will not have trouble with bernd,he stands behind his work and has a great reputation..

sounds like they sent it to the wrong address ?? you surely will not have trouble with bernd,he stands behind his work and has a great reputation..

No idea... Bernd sent me an email back on 8/22 saying he'd sent in the customs paperwork to get my brush released... so it seems he knew about my brush... and yet it was never picked up...

he will sometimes take a couple of days to answer his email,but he will answer it.go ahead and email the entire story to him,I'm sure he will remedy the situation..

Welcome to B&B. I think the best thing to do in these cases is to give the vendor a chance to fix things before giving them a thumbs-down on B&B. Constructive feedback is always appreciated, but these are real people with real reputations. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck with the brush and let us know how it goes.

Welcome to B&B. I think the best thing to do in these cases is to give the vendor a chance to fix things before giving them a thumbs-down on B&B. Constructive feedback is always appreciated, but these are real people with real reputations. Just something to keep in mind.

Good luck with the brush and let us know how it goes.

Good point. Just removed the thumbs-down icon.

After hearing such great things about the product and the support, and having problems with both, I have to admit to being a bit frustrated.

I've sent Bernd pictures and updated info and asked what he recommends I do.

Quick update -- Bernd already got back to me (on a weekend!) and explained that he faxed over the customs paperwork, with the expectation they then send the item along in the regular mail.

Apparently this system failed in this case.

I've sent him along photos showing the problem and my original order number and he says he will make it right, so I will keep you gents posted on the outcome.

I'm sure its just a case of things all going wrong at the same time.

Bernd is great to deal with, and he willmake things right.

Its like they say, #@*$ happens.

Good point. Just removed the thumbs-down icon.

After hearing such great things about the product and the support, and having problems with both, I have to admit to being a bit frustrated.

I've sent Bernd pictures and updated info and asked what he recommends I do.

The Customer Service by Shavemac is outstanding and he does reply Quickly, considering the volume of business he conducts. He always ensures your happy with the product ordered before shipping it out and does stand behind his products. These are a few reasons I own two Custom Shavemacs, I love them both. BTW the Thumbs Down is still up.

The Customer Service by Shavemac is outstanding and he does reply Quickly, considering the volume of business he conducts. He always ensures your happy with the product ordered before shipping it out and does stand behind his products. These are a few reasons I own two Custom Shavemacs, I love them both. BTW the Thumbs Down is still up.

Guys, Bernd made good on his products, as you guys assured me he would! Got an identical replacement brush (minus the original initials my old brush had) this week! That was fast! I've yet to use it, but it looks amazing.

Changed to thumbs-up icon (to me, the old thumbs-down is long gone).

He for sure earned back this customer!

Ok, this is great news, especially in light of the fact that I just ordered my shavemac. Did you have to sign for the package when your brush was delivered?

Steve

Guys, Bernd made good on his products, as you guys assured me he would! Got an identical replacement brush (minus the original initials my old brush had) this week! That was fast! I've yet to use it, but it looks amazing.
Changed to thumbs-up icon (to me, the old thumbs-down is long gone).
He for sure earned back this customer!

Jeff, glad you're happy with his service, one of many reasons I own two Customs, enjoy your Brush.

Ok, this is great news, especially in light of the fact that I just ordered my shavemac. Did you have to sign for the package when your brush was delivered?

Steve

Yes I had to sign for both of mine, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Top Bottom