What's new

Shave stations.

Though it has grown. .. $uploadfromtaptalk1397777975126.jpg

Mickey,thanks for your kind words. I bought the stand from West Coast Shaving, from the Col Conk product line, for $32.00. The wall mounted shelf is from Lowes for $13.99.

May I ask where you got those sliding drawers? I need those BAD for my vanity right now.

I got them from here. You can get them in either wood or metal. The wood drawers did not come "double decker style" so I opted for metal. They are now available in home improvement stores. However, the company I ordered them from provided excellent service and my wife licked the idea so much I did it for her side of the vanity, too. Of course I pretended that they were hard to install - a "little" lie - but it worked for me. :wink2:

My shave den is in my bedroom. I have a full corner cabinet and a dresser top that I use for storing my stuff I'm not using. In the bathroom, I have a small 4 sided holder that holds 2 brushes and 2 razors and then I have the one soap I'm working through. That's about it. Just 1 shelf with my bowls and witch hazel off to the side. There isn't much on the sink so my LOTH doesn't mind.

I too am waiting for the next iteration of MacBooks. Right now, I'm stuck with a Powerbook G4 which works fine, but is getting a little bogged down by some of my more power-hungry applications.

I look forward to having a computer that can run any OS. Even though I'll do 99% of my work in OS X, I'll still probably go nuts and install both Windows and Ubuntu anyway. :tongue_sm

Love that. I need one

My wife is starting to complain about my shaving stuff taking up valuable counter space. I was supposed to be getting the basement bathroom to myself but we have family staying down there. So I need a solution for our bathroom. I thought maybe some of you gents could post some pics of your shave stations. Maybe it will give me some ideas.
Thanks everyone.

My home is under 1000 sq.ft. The only counter space in the bathroom is around the sink. I didn't want to use the med cabinet because a brush won't dry off and I'm using this every day, so I also wanted easy access. I posted this a few days ago to share, and it makes sense to post it here too. Here's what I made:
$2e177cce1ffe6563951980274e9dbf17.jpg
Regarding the design, I wanted something straightforward like a good scotch. Note for my married brethren, I'm divorced, there is no approval process for my design/decorating choices. I understand this exact setup may not fly if there's a lady in the home, but the concept is certainly space efficient.

I'm in the planning stage. Want to acquire a 3-tier, 5" x 22" glass shelf (already picked out) to put on my end of the two-sink countertop. I will then build 2 custom racks: one for razors (DE & straight) and one for brushes. Having dedicated real estate will curb ADs of all sorts and I'll plan carefully so that I don't overdo my purchases.

Currently, I have my corner of the countertop filled by soap/mug, scuttle and razors/brushes. It works, but isn't as orderly as I'd like. Also, the planning allows me to fantasize about all the (limited) nice stuff I'll be acquiring, and the fun of building the razor and brush racks.

Pictures to come in the future, when all done.

I got them from here. You can get them in either wood or metal. The wood drawers did not come "double decker style" so I opted for metal. They are now available in home improvement stores. However, the company I ordered them from provided excellent service and my wife licked the idea so much I did it for her side of the vanity, too. Of course I pretended that they were hard to install - a "little" lie - but it worked for me. :wink2:
Thank you very much.

I have never shared well and luckily we have 5 bathrooms in this house so there is no need to share one of them.

I have my own shave cathedral that is all mine. No girly stuff allowed

Turtle really does have the MACK DADDY of all shave dens. I can't have one like that until all the kids are out of the house.

Here is mine. I it not in the bathroom but just out side of it. I only keep 1 razor, 1 brush, 1 soap or cream, my lather bowl, W/H, 1 AS, alum block, and the Clubman talc and brush I use for it on the counter in the bathroom. Everything else stays in the cabinet. I have added more since I took this picture though. I think I might need a bigger cabinet.

$Shave Den #8.jpg

Turtle:

Those hand towels look awfully girly to me. :biggrin1:

If I ever buy a house with more than 3 bathrooms I will have one to myself, too!

proxy.php

Turtle really does have the MACK DADDY of all shave dens. I can't have one like that until all the kids are out of the house.

Here is mine. I it not in the bathroom but just out side of it. I only keep 1 razor, 1 brush, 1 soap or cream, my lather bowl, W/H, 1 AS, alum block, and the Clubman talc and brush I use for it on the counter in the bathroom. Everything else stays in the cabinet. I have added more since I took this picture though. I think I might need a bigger cabinet.

View attachment 438140

What are you using for a talc brush? I have been looking for a good one but can't find any I like.

What are you using for a talc brush? I have been looking for a good one but can't find any I like.

I picked up a 3 Claveles horse hair brush from a local barber supply store. I lathered with it once and found it to be way to floppy for my taste so I re-purposed it into talc brush. The knot is really soft and it works really well.

I have never shared well and luckily we have 5 bathrooms in this house so there is no need to share one of them.

I have my own shave cathedral that is all mine. No girly stuff allowed

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
I hope I am not the only one who knew whos bathroom this was before seeing the user name that posted it. Must be all the great pics that turtle posts

My home was built in 1910, so we are tiny(!) by modern standards.
One small bath.
So, I keep a CD rack in my reading area in the living room and my Shave box on an old steamer trunk/table.

$IMG_0018.jpg$IMG_0019.jpg$IMG_0020.jpg$IMG_0021.jpg$IMG_0022.jpg

Top Bottom